• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Well, Feb. 6 is the canonical birth date of Mewtwo...
Is it really? That's actually my date of birth as well!

Who knew? First Bob Marley, now this!

I can see it now...

Sakurai: Get ready for Mewtwo!

*Shows picture of two normal Mews*
Dude the Salt from the Lucario reveal.
If Mewtwo was revealed to be non-playable or something
It'd be a salt critical mass.
There'd be enough sodium to feed a village for 10 years.

But seriously though, I don't think we're getting Mewtwo playable revealed any time soon.
Why?
Because right after SSB 4's trailer dropped, during a conference, Pokemon creators were asked if Mewtwo was going to be in Smash 4. Sakurai energetically yelled "We'll try!", which kind of implies he wasn't in at that point, or he was and they're just fucking with people

I'd probably react like I did in Brawl if Mewtwo is not playable here.

A slightly dissapointed "meh", following with unlocking everything else.

Reactions: Lavama and Jutsei
Well, the evidence points to Mewtwo and others being cut from Brawl simply due to time constraints (voice clips, data, win theme, etc) so with no Subspace Emmisary it does leave more time for them to add them in. We'll have to see, of course.

Reactions: Jutsei
Because right after SSB 4's trailer dropped, during a conference, Pokemon creators were asked if Mewtwo was going to be in Smash 4. Sakurai energetically yelled "We'll try!", which kind of implies he wasn't in at that point, or he was and they're just fucking with people
Or maybe, just maybe, you're reading too far into this.
He just gave an answer that didn't commit to anything. That way, if for whatever reason mewtwo can't be in the game, he didn't say "yes", and a bunch of people would get really mad at him for saying "no" so it would be a horrible decision to say it then and there and especially at such an early stage. So he gave a vague answer. I think you'll find most devs will do the exact same thing when they're faced with stupid questions that hurt them no matter what their answer is.

Or maybe, just maybe, you're reading too far into this.
He just gave an answer that didn't commit to anything. That way, if for whatever reason mewtwo can't be in the game, he didn't say "yes", and a bunch of people would get really mad at him for saying "no" so it would be a horrible decision to say it then and there and especially at such an early stage. So he gave a vague answer. I think you'll find most devs will do the exact same thing when they're faced with stupid questions that hurt them no matter what their answer is.
I think it's a rather positive answer to be honest. If they try, then they can make it happen.

tumblr_n0howl3poN1qizbpto1_r1_1280.jpg

Again, I'm just fine if Mewtwo doesn't come back or not.
Lord knows I'd be hyped if he revealed, but if not, whatevs.

Anyway, let's see if tomorrow's image is Pokemon related again.

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

"Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video."

Someone please edit either:
A.Ridley coming out of the bottom her dress
B.Alfonzo replacing the cosmos under her dress
C.Alfonzo riding ridley coming out of the bottom of her dress

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

"Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video."

Someone please edit either:
A.Ridley coming out of the bottom her dress
B.Alfonzo replacing the cosmos under her dress
C.Alfonzo riding ridley coming out of the bottom of her dress
D.Team Rocket blasting off again.

And that's an interesting way to get people to look under her skirt in normal play >_>

I could've sworn this picture happened before.

screen-4.jpg

That? Anyways, here's something that crossed my mind: You don't see Samus much in the Screen shots for characters. I think she was only hit by Donkey Kong in screenshots, and all the other times people were charging or dodging her. Sort of interesting...

She also isn't hitting anyone in her pictures... I wonder why?

EDIT: Well, there's Luigi, but everyone's hitting him, so I didn't count him. Also because it looks like Link hit Luigi first.

Yeah but we didn't get a good look of the trail it leaves behind.
Plus we don't have a gorilla getting hit by it.

We got a pretty good look at it in her trailer, whatchu talkin bout? I want to see an upsmash or some upb mechanics. Like her upb would seriously suck if she doesn't have a Luma or something.

Her upsmash is a wide wand swing
we see it in the reveal trailer

Her upsmash is a wide wand swing
we see it in the reveal trailer
I see now. It doesn't really seem much stronger than her uptilt :/ Then again, Diddy's upsmash was garbage while his uptilt was crazy good. But whatevs.

What about forward air? Neutral air?

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP
The effect and the particle trail are nice, but rosalina looks really awkward at that 90 degree angle...

Also know that this is a fluid move and she won't be stuck in that pose forever :P

Don't get too excited man. We don't need a mess.

So I checked Smash Boards again to see how they reacted to this.
Some salt was there, but the jokes they made about "The Cosmos under Rosalina's dress" made me laugh for a straight 10 minutes.
So not a bad update.

I also decided to check a "Game Release Timeline" someone made, to see if we can predict any reveals.

We only have THREE remaining game releases to promo.
Which are: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, and Mario Kart 8.
So probably: Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario

However, there are a fuckton of game anniversaries from here 'till the end of the year. So they might coincide with that. Might.

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

There's enough space for me under there.

I saw that earlier,
nearly had a fucking panic attack before I realized it was just his AA5 sprite put in a box.

Can you even call it a leak, it looks more like a joke or a I wish this character was in the game.
Considering you can debunk it by going to the site.

Guys, the last time DDB and I didn't team up to hype our respective characters, both did not get in. One would have if we did team up, though.

We agree on Wonder Red.

He's gonna happen.

This is pretty much fact from well practiced Forum Science (which I have a P.P.H.D. in).

Reactions: DDB
but wait
since both your hypes didn't get in
would teaming up make them double not get in

Two nots can make a so.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs