• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Because Project M is a giant wall of dicks, obviously

Excellent job, winner!

it was about "why Ridley is to big for Smash 4"
6IFtB.png

GG. Sincerely, a non-Ridley carer.

Reactions: Arcana and Jutsei
6IFtB.png

GG. Sincerely, a non-Ridley carer.

soooooooooooooooooo
ugllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I would probably take the NES design or Neo Ridley over that one at this point, it's so
blech.

I think Other M Ridley is fine, just make him a bit leaner and have a better standing pose and he is good

I think Other M Ridley is fine, just make him a bit leaner and have a better standing pose and he is good

I cannot stand it,
unless they used the proportions from Super Metroid or something and just threw the Other M model over it. Give him longer legs, less muscle, a bigger ribcage and make his neck more thin and spindly again.
But even then he would keep that head that's WAY TOO WIDE from the front, with the tiny eyes and the weird flappy looking mouth and like, no teeth.
It doesn't look like a dragon it looks like a weird beefy dude with long arms and a weird pteradon head.

ridley enjoys striking fear into his victims
at this time, we are victims to him in the form of waiting to see if he is in the game
and even then, our greatest fear, that he would be Other M ridley, still stands

it's all part of his plan

Wait, that's what Other M Ridley looks like? Hot damn he's ugly as Heck. Hopefully HAL doesn't make him absolutely like that in game, whether he's in the stage or as a character.

Alright, so what're we expecting tonight? Another one of Lucario? A vet? A new item?

I'm putting my Bells down on a 3DS screenshot of either the Find Mii stage or the Animal Crossing Island.

I'm completely unsure.
Normally I abstain the updates Smash Bros gets on Mondays to start the week off.

I don't think we're getting a veteran.
If there's a Nintendo Direct this week, newcomer related to Donkey Kong.
If not, Diddy Kong reveal

IT'S DIDDY TIME, HE'S MY MAIN MAN

Right next to Ness.

I think you mean a closeup of Mario's and Sonic's noses.

Seriously though, yeah.
We're guaranteed something Donkey Kong related this month.
It just depends if it's Diddy or something new.
Though personally I lean more towards Diddy

it would be reeeeaaaal nice
mostly because we're kinda starved for news at this point
but i digress
when's hawlucha

Again, I wouldn't count on a newcomer unless it's a Direct.
But then again, that can change.
Sakurai could throw us a curveball.
We got newcomers only in Directs until now.
Who's to say he won't break that sometime soon?
You don't know.

But, yeah, if there's a Direct, THEN you can get hyped for a reveal.

There's also usually hints if there's going to be something shown on the direct.

Like before Rosalina they asid "Let's see the Nintendo Direct tomorrow!"

Or something more simple to read on, like a pic of the day with very little words or none at all.

Another (minor) giveaway is when the "CHALLENGE APPROACHING" sign disappears on the website

But even then, that might just be unrelated

guaranteed
Do I have to bring up the whole mewtwo in october example again?

I doubt we're getting any new DK stuff till the 13th, which is, uh,
Thursday.

15 bucks says Sonic's alt costume is revealed to be the taped up Sonic Boom model with scarf.

Reactions: Jutsei
they should have held off on the sonic reveal so they could tweak the model into radical Sonic Boom Sonic (booooom Sonic booooooooom)

i would have liked that more

I doubt we're getting any new DK stuff till the 13th, which is, uh,
Thursday.

15 bucks says Sonic's alt costume is revealed to be the taped up Sonic Boom model with scarf.
Yeah, And even then, it's possible that we'll get a Diddy reveal for the US date instead.
But I doubt it, most likely, yes,on Thursday.

But then again, don't forget that all the purple (and the space/pyrosphere) last week might've also been leading to something.
Unless it was just Mother Brain in which case still awesome

Yeah, And even then, it's possible that we'll get a Diddy reveal for the US date instead.
But I doubt it, most likely, yes,on Thursday.

But then again, don't forget that all the purple (and the space/pyrosphere) last week might've also been leading to something.
Unless it was just Mother Brain in which case still awesome

That is some insane stretching you're doing to that whole situation.
Only two of the five pics were in the Pyrosphere, one of them WAS Mother Brain, and only three of the five pics had anything to do with space.
I don't even know what purple you're talking about.

Pokemon not getting a reveal was probably asked by Gamefreak, or something.
Yeah, because game freak called sakurai and said "DON'T REVEAL ANYTHING IN OCTOBER! ADVERTISING IS BAD FOR BUSINESS!"

Reactions: Arcana
The purple from the Aura and Palkia's Spacial Rend.
Granted this was Smash Boards stretching.

But yeah. Most likely on Thursday
Oh i get it, you are saying that because of all this purple as of late, you are saying a well known purple nintendo character might be confirmed. . . .

Purple dedede from brawl confirmed

Surely you jest. Need I remind you of...

smash-bros-wii-u-xerneas-600x337.jpg

MAJESTIC SPACE DEER?

Reactions: Lavama
The purple from the Aura and Palkia's Spacial Rend.
Granted this was Smash Boards stretching.

But yeah. Most likely on Thursday

But his aura is blue.
With like, purple areas.
But mostly blue.

Yeah, because game freak called sakurai and said "DON'T REVEAL ANYTHING IN OCTOBER! ADVERTISING IS BAD FOR BUSINESS!"

There was Xerneas.
EDIT: Fuck.

But his aura is blue.
With like, purple areas.
But mostly blue.

There was Xerneas.
EDIT: Fuck.
Okay. (Takes off pants.) Let's go.

EDIT: I think we're freaking out too much over nothing. It's not like it's the 5th Ultra Street Fighter 4 character, right?

Right?

I think we're freaking out too much over nothing. It's not like it's the 5th Ultra Street Fighter 4 character, right?

Right?

Who, Diddy or Xerneas?
Cause I could be down with either of those two being the 5th character.