• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

*screams from the mountaintops*
HELL
FUCKING
YES!

screen-9.jpg

Boxing Arena confirmed for 3DS also. Interesting.

HEY YOU WANNA HOW MANY DICKS ANY DOUBTERS CAN EAT
ALL OF THEM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aaaaand the stream was being shit for me during the entire little mac trailer so I missed out on literally all the hype.
God mother fucking dammit.

man, this is GREAT. They could add this version of little mac even on marvel vs capcom and he'd fit just fine

guess i've found my second character for this game.

also, the trailer is awesome

Reactions: jam1220
But... Dixiesquad

Reactions: Φ
1:34 Mac did a Shinryuken?!

Someone on another board I’m reading just said he didn’t know who Little Mac is and called him a poor mans version of Rocky Balboa. I’m going to get my boxing gloves, its murder time.

I'm so glad Little Mac got in, can't wait to try him out :)

But... Dixiesquad
We'll have our time, don't worry. :')

THE BEGINNING IS SO STREET FIGHTER IV I CaN'T EVEN

little mac looks really good, like he belongs ina fighting game

Little Mac! That's one of my 3 most wanted down. Now just to hope for Shulk and Dillon.

I swear Sakurai must've gotten some inspiration from Dudley for this guy's moveset.

Poor Samus.

Also pink jumpsuit for alternate costume.

Little Mac! That's one of my 3 most wanted down. Now just to hope for Shulk and Dillon.

I swear Sakurai must've gotten some inspiration from Dudley for this guy's moveset.
or other boxers from videogames and real life.

Lil' Mac in the house! Party over here!

or other boxers from videogames and real life.

No, I've seen real boxers.
Little Mac's home games take more inspiration from real boxers than he does here, this guy's clearly got some Dudley in him.

That's one out of two of the necessary characters I need!
I just need Ridley and we're good.
Well, ok not Necessary. More like Optimal.
I'd also like Dillon, Shulk, and Isaac.

At this point the roster's basically gold, only veterans I need are Wario and G&W.
Everyone added at this point is basically gravy.

He seriously looks way more fun than I thought he would. I usually don't even pay any attention to boxers in fighting games.

It's pretty funny how the boxing ring stage didn't have any Punch-Out stuff on it until his reveal.

No, I've seen real boxers.
Little Mac's home games take more inspiration from real boxers than he does here, this guy's clearly got some Dudley in him.
I also see Akihiko, Steve Fox, Balrog, and many others. I guess real life was a bit of a stretch but I doubt its only Dudley that was studied for Mac's playstyle and moves.

Reactions: TheMightyBox
At this point the roster's basically gold, only veterans I need are Wario and G&W.
Everyone added at this point is basically gravy.
That's me because Samus is already in.

I'm good beyond that.

Diddy and Dixie, that's all... Diddy and Dixie.

Diddy and Dixie, that's all... Diddy and Dixie.
Calm yourself. Save the big guns for later, I feel Lil Mac was guaranteed this time around after Punch-Out!!'s success.

Also, that short joke Samus made.

Speaking of Samus, I can't help but wonder if the next newcomer will be a veteran (for patterns sake with new comers, newcomer/new franchise, then new person for a current franchise, and so on)
Or if Samus being in this was foreshadowing for the next newcomer reveal which is Ridley!
Ok no that's just me grasping at straws hardcore.
But it's possible, at least.

You're definitely gettnig Diddy Kong next week for the US release of Tropical Freeze

Reactions: DDB
Speaking of Samus, I can't help but wonder if the next newcomer will be a veteran (for patterns sake with new comers, newcomer/new franchise, then new person for a current franchise, and so on)
Or if Samus being in this was foreshadowing for the next newcomer reveal which is Ridley!
Ok no that's just me grasping at straws hardcore.
But it's possible, at least.
Dude, I haven't seen someone grasping that hardcore since I accepted Other M as a gift.

It's interesting to note that this trailer was done in a different art style, that of a motion comic, almost.

I hope we get to see some more trailers in other art styles. If Palutena gets announced, let's see it done in an anime short like the one we got on Nintendo Video. For say, Ridley, it would be cool to do another live action/CGI thing that was done for the Other M commercial

Hell, we already got an actor for Little Mac and Doc

And if Snake does come back, give us a motion comic like the Peace Walker cutscenes. I love that art style.
pwlowres720p.png

Reactions: Jutsei
Also guys, turns out Little Mac was revealed this month because of Punch-Out's Anniversary (The Arcade version!)
So, yes, Anniversaries count for possible character reveals.

However, in less light news...
Sakurai has injured his other arm now
Might be time to bring back that encouraging Sakurai hashtag

Wait, doesn't this mean that Kirby might be getting a 1-hit K.O. move when he copies Little Mac?
tumblr_inline_n0yplom1JU1rjw2mu.png

Reactions: Jutsei