• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

gengar more like edgy clefable
get that shadow the hedgehog la kill shit out of my pokemon you fucking garbage

250px-094Gengar.png

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAYYYYYY
WORDSS CAN'T BRING USSSS DOOOOWWWWWNNNN
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
IN EVERY SINGLE WAY
WORDS CAN'T BRING USSSS DOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN, OH NOOOOO
SO DON'T YOU BRING ME DOWN TODAY

Reactions: Covenant and Jutsei
If you ask me, this week is already pretty hype.
More Trophies, and Lumiose City.
To me this is already a complete week.

And then Yoshi gets announced and Sakurai is like
"And Yoshi rounds off all the veterans returning."

And then all hell breaks loose.

i think our best bet is probably pally in a direct this month
you know, plus yoshi yosh

Yeah, I think we might get another Nintendo Direct this month.
New Smash Bros character though? Uncertain.
I'm pretty sure Mac's trailer took less time to make than Palutena though, given the comic-y art style and what not.
they could've been making another one on the side, you never know.

guuuuuuuuh i hate studio shaft
gimme something by studio trigger
Inferno Cop style, yo

i imagine she'd probably make use of some KIU weapons
using her staff like a KIU staff, maybe transforming it into a sword as well
cannon thunks for bumpedy booms
i'd say orbiters but pit has the shield ones
maybe those Palms that no one used too
but I'd say giving her a long ranged based style would be rad, especially if she could snipe (#420noscopeheadshotkillstreakyoloswag)

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Don't forget
both of her boss fights that give her Hama skills and stuff

Darn it Val'd

There's a list of moves on the Wiki:

• Palutena Glam Blaster
  • Palutena boost a plethora of light-based projectile attacks. She can create three balls of light above her either horizontally or vertically. If horizontal, Palutena will fire three bolts of light at the same time up to three times in quick succession, launching a total of nine shots with great horizontal range. If vertical, the bolts will fire one at a time from the bottom to the top, rapidly firing off up to nine shots in a flurry of light.
  • Palutena raises her shield and charges her light power, then unleashes it blinds her target with light, if in range. This lasts for about three seconds.
  • Palutena shoots a large, slow-moving ball of teal light that hone in on her target. Palutena can shoot up to three in quick succession.
  • Palutena waves her staff and shoots three fast-moving columns of light across the stage.
  • Palutena launches a slow-moving halo that resembles her own across the ground. The halo hones in on her target and chases it, and it additionally shoots its own light projectiles at her target, up to three times before evaporating
  • While Palutena seems much more comfortable at a distance, she possess a swift melee attack in which she twirls, surrounding herself with rings of light, knocking her target back. She will use this as a counter to being melee attacked in Chapter 20, or if her target is extremely close to her.
  • When her target is nearby, Palutena raises her staff and zooms forward in a huge column of light, blazing toward her target at great speed. This attack also cover a great distance, allowing her to essentially move across the stage.
  • Palutena is able to summon Centurions and Centurion Knights (depending on the Intensity) to aid her in her battle. She will only summon one at a time.

Also can old anime Palutena be a color alt
Palutena%27s_old_looks_%28teenager%29.png

Reactions: Jutsei
It's funny because hitting hard isn't Zelda's problem. Buffin' the wrong things.

Fit "I see all, and I don't see any squash here!" somewhere in the game. Don't care where.

well hey any zelda buffs are fine in my book
let's just hope she gets more of them

Melee's at EVO 2014.

Welp, I'm joining one main game this year at least.

Friday will be Yoshi and Ridley!... except Ridley is just Yoshi's alternate costume :PUN:

Too much detail in that palette to really make it look nice anyways.

Something like the uncanny valley or something?

I just realized.
We keep missing SSB 4 updates when they're just added in the early morning...
Because Daylight Savings Times.
Now they'll update at 3(!) in the morning.
Welp, guess I'm back to catching the updates in the morning

zlCfzRnmjusfVA-5Z-

"Pic of the day. The tiny Motion-Sensor Bomb is hard to see. If you get any closer, it's dangerous. I warned you."

Other than the redesign, it looks like the Motion Sensor Bomb got smaller. Also, it looks like they're also finally completely ditching any design reminiscent of Perfect Dark. Then again, I haven't looked at the Brawl design enough to see if it already changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavama
I thought it was a Goldeneye design?

Wait, no, you're right, it was the Cloaking Device from Melee that took from Perfect Dark. My bad.

Cloaking device? I don't remember such a thing.

Ah, so it's a shield that forms around you, keeping you from getting hurt.

Maybe it's going to be brought back?

Good grief that's hilarious.

Though doesn't Spamus have like, eight different visors to choose from?

Well this was before Prime.
Before Prime she had like, one.
That would still be able to see through a cloaking device, but she also doesn't have an ice beam either.