• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

but what if charizard is abby

wasn't abby a girl

Reactions: Rellek
gen 1 didn't have genders you cishet scum
check your privilege before you go and misgender charmeleons like that

Reactions: Goodbye18000
tumblr_n3wqcyca5z1tqy709o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n41srxOOdf1sgxanuo1_500.jpg

So how about that Spark Man Remix in the Direct, huh?

Not a song I usually associate with classic Mega Man, but a good one all together. Seems like we might get a number of remixes for third parties this time around. I mean, Sonic had literally one (Angel Island Zone) and the rest just normal, and Snake's choices were... weird. Like, they remixed old Metal Gear on NES ones, which while it makes sense cause you know, Nintendo, weren't popular choices in the slightest.

Super Smash Bros. Newcomers Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details - Wii U & 3DS)

10:47 - 10:54

Dat murderous intent.​

God fucking damn I thought the Serial Killer Villager meme was dead and buried.

No, just everyone else that's buried. /Kappa

But seriously, it's kinda overstayed its welcome.

Reactions: Jutsei
zlCfzRz0i68QcQ9NhH

"Pic of the day. The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokémon. Just roughly…"

There might be certain ATs and Poke Ball summons that are version exclusive. Clearly though, Isabelle wouldn't be one of them.

but what if charizard is abby

wasn't abby a girl
RIP Abbby and jay leno.

EDIT: This is MY kind of analysis! He actually knows what hitstun is! I'm so happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calypsx
every time I hear the word hitstun a puppy dies

I hope you're at least consistent about this shitty opinion of yours. We already know that Smash 4 has more hitstun than Brawl, so I guess that makes it automatically worse than Brawl. Unless if all you really care about is characters and modes, which is fine, but if that's the case just say it.

No hitstun = fights that just drag.

I've been playing Melee a lot more lately. And going back to Brawl after that, I realized that, aside from tripping, another thing about Brawl that really annoys me is that it feels like it takes forever to kill anyone.

I completely agree. From everything I've seen so far, this game going to be so awesome in my eyes. It really DOES look like the middle ground between brawl and melee. I'm talking about everything past the obvious things like snapping to ledges and brawl air dodge (Actually both of those things I like quite a bit).

Hitstun is long enough to create the potential for combos, but not enough for disgustingly horrible juggle games. Brawl had the biggest issue with this. Combos did not exist. Period. It was terrible. Hit once, wait for them to come back, hit them again, repeat until game. Granted there were chain throws which were EVEN WORSE and I hope they're gone. I don't think I have to say much about Melee's hitstun... That shit was UNFORGIVING.

The fall speed is literally at the exact middle point between brawl and melee. This is a huge relief for me because Brawl is floaty as fuck and I feel that when I jump I have to detach my invisible parachute so I can freaking get to the ground again. On the other hand, Melee felt like you have metal boots on and as a result made things feel a little clunky (Not that it can't be worked around with high level play). So this seems like it will be the absolute perfect middle ground and I am very positive about how the mechanics will shape up.

Thinking about the mechanics we know about just gets me super hyped, man.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I'm really happy with the changes too. Until the Smash Nintendo Direct, I assumed that Sakurai would, at best, have a small few changes to make it more like Melee, and lean very heavily towards Brawl, but it really does seem like Sakurai wants to hit a nice middle ground with these two very different player bases.

I'm not surprised this week was mostly filler.
We cannot complain.
We literally got a house worth of info last week, and SIX HUNDRED FUCKING PICTURES

Yeah but we're missing some characters and stages. (Kirby still doesn't have a stage for either version, just a past stage on WiiU) I'm fine with a slow week this week given it's post Smash Direct but, given that the 3DS version is slated for Summer, then next week I'm hoping Sakurai will get back on schedule and include some new stuff, even if it's just minor info. I'd really like to know what benefits that Raccoon Leaf item gives out for example.

raccoon leaf makes you super kawaii bros 3
imagine everyone as a raccoon

Yeah but we're missing some characters and stages. (Kirby still doesn't have a stage for either version, just a past stage on WiiU) I'm fine with a slow week this week given it's post Smash Direct but, given that the 3DS version is slated for Summer, then next week I'm hoping Sakurai will get back on schedule and include some new stuff, even if it's just minor info. I'd really like to know what benefits that Raccoon Leaf item gives out for example.
Does Halberd not count as a Kirby stage?

Everyone, public service message.
There's no raccoon item. It's a tanuki. Every time you think Japan is talking about raccoons they're talking about tanukis. You uncultured boors.

I'd like to see the Starcutter as a kirby stage, personally.
something like the Pirate Ship or Rainbow Cruise-ish
have hazards like Landia and asteroids smashing about and it could be rad

Edit: also the item is called the Super Leaf
Raccoon Mario is called Tail Mario in japan
Tanooki Mario is completely different

you come to class you gonna get schooled, son

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Does Halberd not count as a Kirby stage?

I meant a NEW Kirby stage. I'm glad the Halberd's back as a past stage but I still want a badass stage based off of Kirby's Epic Yarn or Return to Dreamland.