• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Shiny Lucario makes me kind of think of Piccolo for some reason...

Makes me think he got barfed on. Poor Lucario...

At least it's visibly different from it's regular form.

1379450493950.png

Look at that bull crap.

Reactions: jam1220
We got 8 returners and four newcomers unaccounted for. Judging from Smash 4's current roster, I could see...
  • 3-4 newcomers including Palutena
  • Lucas, ROB, Falcon, Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Jiggs and POSSIBLY Snake staying secret vets
Keeping Lucas instead of Ness

What is wrong with yooooooooooou

If there were any more entrants from the Mother franchise, I'd love it to be Kumatora, with either Duster or a boss like Masked Man or Fassad as an Assist Trophy.

Reactions: Smilax
Just preordered Kirby Triple Deluxe. Kirby's never let me down before, and I heard this one is like, Link Between Worlds level of awesome.

Keeping Lucas instead of Ness

What is wrong with yooooooooooou

Well, I'm expecting Ness to be revealed pre-release. Duh.

A slightly-revamped Lucas as a secret would be awesome.

If they don't put in Ness that's going to be a legitimate betrayal to the franchise. How do you not bring back a guy whose been in the game since the N64? I don't see a reason not to bring back ROB, Jiggly Puff, Ganandorf, Mr. Game & Watch, or Captain Falcon. Wolf can go home though

I'd rather see Falco go than Wolf.

Wolf has unique normals and is the slow and heavy version of Fox. Falco is literally Fox.
It really comes down to taste. I think wolf for all he is is just a heavier and harder hitting fox. Their arial moves share more similarities than Fox/Falco. If they retooled Falco to be more of an air character the gave both wolf and falco different specials and final smashes I think that would be the best choice.

If they made Falco be unique, sure, but as it stands I really think Falco is a waste. They semi-decloned him in Brawl, but they should go all the way.

To go back on the topic of Robin vs. Andy as the strategic character:

2014-04-15-559.png

tell you what: i'd love to see a Tactician instead of a pokémon trainer... could be REALLY cool

Okay, so here's a conundrum for me

I live a long way from any game selling store (I live in a small town a dozen miles out of the "big city") and want to get Smash Bros 3DS as soon as it comes out. Last time I preordered a game in the city, they sold my copy of Pokemon Y because I didn't come quick enough because I had no way to get to the city in the 2 days after the game came in. Instead, I've been buying games online and having them shipped to me (usually by Best Buy because free shipping is literally the greatest thing ever)

That said, if I go for even priority shipping for Best Buy (which sadly does cost extra) then even still it says it will take "1-2 days".

So do I want to try for Best Buy's online expedited delivery (which guarantees a copy but could be late) or preorder it in the city (which means I may get a copy day 1)?

I don't want to get it digitally, but that is also an option I guess....

my guess is set plans to get it DAY ONE at your closest game store. and as soon as the set date for game is released, set a day where you have no plans but to get the game and play it all day as soon as you get it.

but do what you think is best. that's just what I would do.

If you go digital, you are not only paying the same price for a copy that could be gone forever if your hardware bites the dust, but you have to wait for the game to download (provided you have the storage space for the entire game in the first place) anyway. Even if you have everything set up to download the game the best case is you get to play the game a day and a half earlier than if you had bought a physical copy. Not worth it imo.

If you go with the priority shipping from Best Buy, you don't get the game as soon as possible, but you do get the game. Or see if Amazon ships one-day on release date. But this is also the more expensive route, and if you live that far out then you're going to have to wait for shipping no matter what.

Just pre-order the game in the city but make sure you can get there as soon as possible. Buy from a place that will guarantee that they can hold onto your copy if possible.

So do I want to try for Best Buy's online expedited delivery (which guarantees a copy but could be late) or preorder it in the city (which means I may get a copy day 1)?
Preorder from best buy, pick it up at the store?
That's what I always do since I fucking hate gamestop.

Okay, so here's a conundrum for me

I live a long way from any game selling store (I live in a small town a dozen miles out of the "big city") and want to get Smash Bros 3DS as soon as it comes out. Last time I preordered a game in the city, they sold my copy of Pokemon Y because I didn't come quick enough because I had no way to get to the city in the 2 days after the game came in. Instead, I've been buying games online and having them shipped to me (usually by Best Buy because free shipping is literally the greatest thing ever)

That said, if I go for even priority shipping for Best Buy (which sadly does cost extra) then even still it says it will take "1-2 days".

I don't want to get it digitally, but that is also an option I guess....
>Become friends with the store employees
>Preorder game
>Find out when shipment's in through said friends
>Get game a whole week earlier than everyone else

Seriously, that's how I got Pokemon X.

it does seem though Canadian game stores aren't all that "sure, we'll hold it for you" as they are in the states....

then again I'm going by two canadians' stories of pre-order shenanigans, and goodbye is included in those 2.

zlCfzRzOByUpWOd9uU

"Pic of the day. Ready now? Together with me!"

Zero Suit and WFT at the Yoga Room. Also, seems like Zero Suit's Down B has an afterimage effect now.

Last edited:
we'll complain when we have two days of warm weather and then "surprise! 30F at night!" god forbid anyone in the world complains about their weather.

it does seem though Canadian game stores aren't all that "sure, we'll hold it for you" as they are in the states....
Canada was the original country that pokemon x/y got leaked in iirc.

Tell us how it is and then complain about the weather being too cold WHILE IT'S SNOWING OUTSIDE AGAIN HERE.
Dude, it's southern California. If it gets down to 60 they start preparing for the ice age.

Looks like we got the same down b for Zamus which is kind of a bummer. It really sucked lol. I hope they changed the properties.

Looks like we got the same down b for Zamus which is kind of a bummer. It really sucked lol. I hope they changed the properties.
You got to know how to work Samus' morph ball bombs. They are pretty good for getting back to the stage if your far out, and they can mess up your descent time which causes some players to miss you on the way down without using up your air dodge. They could be improved, but I get a good use out of them in Melee.

Edit: You were talking about Zero suit Samus, please ignore this

I'd be okay if they improved it. Maybe pull a Little Mac and make it give invincibility frames.
It's not the vulnerability that's an issue to me (And I think the initial jump frames are actually invincible already). It's just the whole move itself that's crap. Especially that damn kick which is so gimmicky and the hurtbox lasts FOREVER. I would very much like to see a Bouncing Fish type mechanic added to it where you bounce off an enemy if you aim it well and allows for some followup perhaps. As it is, it doesn't feel like a "special move" but rather a short hop with a generic sex kick added to the end of it.

Bummed does not express my emotions enough.

Just noticed: Olimar actually punches now instead of just head butting twice.

That's nice.

Wait what?
When was that shown?

Sakurai just got pissed off at the insanely low catch rate of Mewtwo in X/Y in addition to falling in love with the best starter ever
Well of course. Charizard's his own character now.

Best part about the footage we've seen thus far:
no fucking stickers.
please let there be no stickers

But then how will Ridley, Shulk and Mewtwo be represented in SSB4?

Not trying to be against stickers or the characters, it's just a funny reply.

Mewtwo could come as a DLC char
Why are people even thinking about dlc now?
If you believe that he could be a dlc character (despite the fact that dlc isn't confirmed and full character dlc being pretty unlikely after the promise of no paid dlc) why don't you believe that he could still be in the base game?

Reactions: Crayolan and Rellek
I will be getting Lil' Mac what else could I possible need outta this game? Sorry duke I never really cared much for legendary pokemon to begin with. It be nice for him to be there just so at the very least you'd be happy but I can't really see them putting him in the game. well unless he'd be like a boss but kinda thought that job would of been filled by Rayquaza if there even is a pokemon boss character (sorry again last thing smash related was Lil' Mac blah blah blah in game and here's yada yada)

zlCfzRzhjvYEajAo8e

"Pic of the day. Tac (on the left) steals your charged power. If you've charged up a lot, he might steal a ton of it. Chase after him quickly to get it back!!"

Where are these enemies from, anyway?

Last edited: