• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I like little statuettes anyways, so if they serve another function too, then I'm all for that. I'd be getting a Rosalina one first if I get any at all :P

This is what the gaming world has come to.
God.
Damn.
It.
SKYLANDERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
it's almost as if gaming is a medium directed primarily at children and young teenagers

it's almost as if gaming is a medium directed primarily at children and young teenagers
Except it hasn't been for over a decade. But you know whatever.

zlCfzR5up780RUR4i5

"Pic of the day. Bullet Bill here is an item. Can you guess what happens when you use it?"

Kinda meh for my birthday's POTD, but here's the item version of the Bullet Bill chasing Mega Man down.

zlCfzR5uqTQTpcGjjb

"Answer: You turn into Bullet Bill and go full speed ahead!"

Or not, cause I missed the part where it was the Mario Kart version where it turns you into a giant Bullet Bill!

In the first pic, Mega Man looks like he's having flashbacks to the Killer Bullets from his first game.

MM1KillerBulletArt.jpg

Dang that Sakurai, threw me for a loop!
Was certain today's PoTD was lame.
THEN IT'S THE MARIO KART BULLET BILL.
Awesome
I personally found this rather lame :P

Reactions: DDB
Yeah apparently they dun goofed. The miiverse post doesn't match the official site. I lol'd.

Yeah, pretty much.
Even though we saw the polar bear earlier in the post-Direct photo dump.

I think we even saw it IN the direct, though I can't say for sure. Regardless, did anyone doubt ICs returning?

I think we even saw it IN the direct, though I can't say for sure. Regardless, did anyone doubt ICs returning?

NO ONE IS CONFIRMED

ANYONE CAN GO

ROB

SNAKE

GANONDORF

FALCON

YOSHI

WONDER RED

DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
NO ONE IS CONFIRMED

ANYONE CAN GO

ROB

SNAKE

GANONDORF

FALCON

YOSHI

WONDER RED

Little did people know that Wonder Red was part of the N64 version unlockable characters

Just play 101 99 stock matches (in a row) to unlock

NO ONE IS CONFIRMED

ANYONE CAN GO

ROB

SNAKE

GANONDORF

FALCON

YOSHI

WONDER RED

Yikes, no need to be so serious. Bet you'll feel a little rustled when ICs are back, yeah?

actually what we've seen now is a ruse
no one is coming back
and no one is new
the entire game has just be sakurai meming on us

no one is coming back
and no one is new
Can I finally play as Void of Reality? OH BOY!

no one is coming back
and no one is new

The game launches and every character is just Reggie.
Every starter, every unlockable, every boss, every enemy, every stage hazard.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
A Reggie fighting other Reggies to unlock secret Reggie to get to Final Reggie who is protected by Mini Reggies and bounds of Reggie Jiggawatt Bombs, Reggie Energy Beams, Reggie Ray Guns, and Reggie Killer Lasers?

db6019375c9d480b2f3615d2f9737039692b8ab1c86ae22e4a206788325ae4e2.jpg

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Best darn description for Mill decks in card games...

I wonder if they got around the memory issue with the Ice Climbers. Though, does someone have any sort of confirmation that was an issue? Seems odd that Sakurai would say that without announcing them.

It definitely was said at one point that the 3DS was having trouble with characters that encompassed more than one character.

Though Olimar and Rosalina seem to be working just fine, so maybe the problem's solved?

The Dragoon from Kirby's Air Ride is back it seems.

daily.jpg

zlCfzR58W60z3G4ZKK

Pic of the day.

Uniting three parts will complete the legendary Air Ride machine…the Dragoon! It's back! But we didn't just leave it the way it was, and added some nice touches to the design of the targeting screen. It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS.

Last edited:
No body is safe...Unless they have the reflexes.

<The first pic was posted already, so here's the text:>

Pic of the day. Uniting three parts will complete the legendary Air Ride machine…the Dragoon! It's back! But we didn't just leave it the way it was, and added some nice touches to the design of the targeting screen. It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS.

zlCfzR58W60z3G4ZKK

Just the target screen felt lacking so here's a pic of the Dragoon itself. I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS.
Huh. That means you can tilt the 3DS around to aim right? That's cool. Think they'll do that for the Wii U controller too?

Huh. That means you can tilt the 3DS around to aim right? That's cool. Think they'll do that for the Wii U controller too?

No, stereoscopic 3D is glassesless 3D.
And I don't think there'll be tilt controls simply because you can't get the precision with the stick. MAYBE it'll be on the touch screen on 3DS. Maybe. But otherwise It'll probs be unchanged.

Or y'know, just do what I did in the last game when that got on my nerves: give us the option to turn it off.

Well, I like the item, I just don't like how common it is. Give us the option of changing the frequency all every item, not just a general one.

Assist Trophies/Pokeballs would be awesome too, but I can't see that happening.

Oh Dragoon, if only there was someone out here who loved you.

Nah, the dragoon was a cool item, but I admit when the peices started showing up I half wanted to collect them so Smash Balls could come back.

Though obviously you wouldn't be able to turn off Dragoon peices in For Fun, so there's a slight hole in that plan.

Lol, Dragoon was already confirmed in the direct tho.

Lol, Dragoon was already confirmed in the direct tho.

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE

ZELDA AND SHIEK MAY REUNITE

SAMUS'S HEELS MAY GO AWAY

YOSHI MAY TURN INTO BOSHI

WONDER RED MAY STILL HAVE A CHANCE

SHAQ FU 2 MAY GET AN ASSIST TROPHY INSTEAD OF A PLAYABLE CHARACTER

HAN WILL SHOOT FIRST

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE

ZELDA AND SHIEK MAY REUNITE

SAMUS'S HEELS MAY GO AWAY