• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

You didn't click on the post, the sentence was cut off:

"Pic of the day. Here's Charizard's new special attack, Flare Blitz. It's a very powerful attack--however, you'll take recoil damage if you make contact. Pretty true to the original game, huh? Flare Blitz is Charizard's side special move, and Rock Smash is the down special move."

So, do you not take damage if you miss? Also, Rock Smash is still there, it's just replacing Pokemon Change since you're picking a 1 man team ratio Charizard. :PUN:
Part of me thinks it's not ACTUALLY recoil damage as in percentage but rather just recoil knockback like we see in the direct. Just a feeling... but it's whatever. And I hope rock smash has new properties :P

it probably does both on contact, but is in return stronk as fuck

also I hope Rock Smash is exactly the same because man the shenanigans were fierce

Likely not happening, but I'd like to see Charizard's "Stealth Rock" from Brawl Minus :P He smashes the rock and four big pieces fly out and just sit there in the air waiting for people to run into them haha

Likely not happening, but I'd like to see Charizard's "Stealth Rock" from Brawl Minus :P He smashes the rock and four big pieces fly out and just sit there in the air waiting for people to run into them haha
No, instead they should entirely surround charizard.
And if he touches them he takes 50% damage.

No, instead they should entirely surround charizard.
And if he touches them he takes 50% damage.
It's 40% now tho...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dum

Last edited:
would it be less if he was in his final smash form?
I mean he does lose the Flying type

would it be less if he was in his final smash form?
I mean he does lose the Flying type
Yeah it'd be downgraded to 25%

also can we take a moment to appreciate that they chose Charizard X over Charizard Y

even they know that Charizard Y is stupid

also can we take a moment to appreciate that they chose Charizard X over Charizard Y

even they know that Charizard Y is stupid
Well consider that in pokemon, you have to send in NORMAL charizard (who is fire/flying) and THEN transform into ZardX right? Unless you're leading with ZardX in which case have fun winning.

Pic of the day.

Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3.

She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed.

zlCfzR7N9uYpuZt_gw

well at least they chose the cool megaevolution
They were already wrong when they chose Charizard in the first place.

Reactions: VinceX
I just noticed that the picture for Charizard posted yesterday has magically transformed into the Brittany picture

I just noticed that the picture for Charizard posted yesterday has magically transformed into the Brittany picture

Yeah, every daily image hotlinked from the site has the same url, cause it changes every day.
So if you hotlink one, it'll be replaced the next day.
There's an archive if you want to hotlink specific potd's, but I don't actually know where it is.

zlCfzR7aro8z2EeBR8.jpg

"Pic of the day. The unexpected Assist Trophy, the TV-Game 15! Color TV-Game 15 is a home entertainment system that was released in 1977 in Japan before the release of Space Invaders. This is the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series."

"Normally, controllers for these types of games had knobs with variable resistors--these allowed the players to control in-game movement by how far they twisted the knobs. The TV-Game 15 used microswitches instead. We've worked a little too hard to reenact the behavior of the original, so the paddles always move in linear paths with the same, consistent speed. We pay attention to such peculiar details!"

he's just pooping out tidbits until E3
not that I mind
tidbits are rad

Yeah it's totally just trivia until E3 I'm guessing. Willing to bet that tomorrow's will be more Direct info with silly trivia :P

Omfg FINALLY something new and even if it's expected it's so much better than I possibly expected it to be.

I'm totally gonna play the shit out of that far left villager girl. Hot damn.

Well... Best reveal would be Mewtwo, but knowing I can play as a female villager makes everything awesome too I guess.

I dunno, they're all great, but having just the default boy for so long they just seem...off, in the sense that the default is the "canon" costume, just like female WFT.

Last edited:
i imagine that they'll be a male and female villager for each color team
I mean we got two reds right there (pink is a kind of red, shut up), a yellow, and a green
would be weird not have them divvied or anything

Reactions: Rellek
I hope we get more characters that get this treatment

Suddenly Robin's chances skyrocket.

Let's go Sakurai if we can't get Hector we can at least get a tome user.