• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

And even if he was ALSO a boss, there are technically four Ridley's:

Regular, Cloned, Mecha and X-Parasite.

If Stage Hazard is one of those, I'll gladly take another as a playable one (except maybe Mecha, cause... well)

Five darn you. We've already seen how a playable character in a stage can be replaced (Ala Marvel vs Capcom 3), but don't forget Meta Ridley, really. Dude had, like, actual body armor.

Five darn you. We've already seen how a playable character in a stage can be replaced (Ala Marvel vs Capcom 3), but don't forget Meta Ridley, really. Dude had, like, actual body armor.

But Meta-Ridley was just the original Ridley wasn't he,
dude just got blown up and rebuilt, but it's still the same Ridley as opposed to a clone or robotic duplicate.

RIDLEY TIMELINE

- Ridley kills Samus's parents
- Samus kills Ridley
- But it's cool he's alive
- Made Robot Ridley (Prototype)
- Beaten and turned into Meta Ridley
- Became a Leviathan Guardian and turned into Omega Ridley
- Escapes from Planet
- Samus kills him again
- Ridley Clone is born
- Ridley Clone dies
- Original Ridley is taken away by Galactic Federation and frozen
- X-Parasite possesses him and makes Ridley-X
- Frozen again, taken away by the Galactic Federation
- To be continued in METROID DREAD

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemijack
didn't Omega Ridley uh
disintegrate
i'm pretty sure he disintegrated

didn't Omega Ridley uh
disintegrate
i'm pretty sure he disintegrated

Nope. He was still made of Phazon, and a single cell of him escaped and regrew into Ridley due to he fast healing properties of Phazon. Once Phaaze was destroyed, his link severed and he went off to Super Metroid.

Nope. He was still made of Phazon, and a single cell of him escaped and regrew into Ridley due to he fast healing properties of Phazon. Once Phaaze was destroyed, his link severed and he went off to Super Metroid.
You heard the man. A single cell of Ridley was barely big enough for the Metroid series itself. We can't possibly have an entire multi-celled Ridley fit into Smash Bros!
:PUN:

Reactions: Hemijack and Lavama
that random item thing peach could do was a dumb decision anyway.

BECAUSE FRYING PANS ARE TOTES SEXIST URRGGHHHH

this

With Samus's heels a point of contention as it is, and the possibility of Palutena "showing too much skin" with her one leg out, it's best to not be "sexist"

Oh, but girls can't play golf, it's a man's game, so they took away the Golf Club too.

Eh, from looking at the post in question, it doesn't seem like the poster knows if the random element is still in her fsmash. You guys might still be able to princesspan your enemies.

It was the second most satisfying sound in smash
riiiiiiiiiight after the homerun bat

On a slightly more serious note, were there different properties for each weapon that Peach used for that smash or...?

there were, yeah
I believe that the racket was the strongest, the club had the best horizontal knockback, and the frypan was vertical launching

granted
my memory is shaky

edit: super shaky
the frying pan is the strongest, racket is the weakest, and club has a sweetspot at the tip

I hope her new technique means that racket gets a buff...

I hope her new technique means that racket gets a buff...

DID SOMEONE SAY BUFF PEACH

School_sketch___Muscle_Peach_by_MightyKnightBR.jpg

i don't want another F-zero game anymore
and technically that's only near the top of the iceberg, not the tip but close

hey! hey! hey! hey! hey!

Don't you talk shit about Mrs. Arrow.

albeit she does look WAY better in her interview on the gamecube.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
i would prefer that if it actually looked good and not like
early 2000s FMV

well-sculpted muscle is very important
it needs to be made with love and care and attention