• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Not change topic or anything, but
zlCfzSAjN2cYaFm8D2.jpg

"Pic of the day. Here's a new item that we've thrown in--the boomerang. As you'd guess, it'll fly back into your hands after you throw it, and if you keep catching it, its attack power grows with each throw! However, opponents can nab the boomerang out of the air, so it might be an easier item to use in Smash Run."

I wonder if the thrower automatically catches the boomerang on return, or if they have to manually do it, lest they be hit. If the latter, that would be a really fun (and potentially deadly) item to mess around with. Imagine doing a Sudden Death mode match of Boomerang catching.

edit: for extra fun, do turbo mode (provided that match selector is still around). That reminds me, I wonder if we will continue to see optional modes that Brawl had (can't remember if melee had them. So long ago...), like metal, stamina, and slo-mo and such.

this

With Samus's heels a point of contention as it is, and the possibility of Palutena "showing too much skin" with her one leg out, it's best to not be "sexist"

Oh, but girls can't play golf, it's a man's game, so they took away the Golf Club too.

What the fuck are you talking about?
For one no one in their right mind would use the reasoning of It's a man's game to take away an attack so I don't even know who you're being sarcastic towards.
For two I don't think anyone's ever said Palutena was sexist because she showed off too much skin.
For three, even if you are joking, they wouldn't tone down the "sexism" by removing a frying pan and keeping the Peach Bomber.

oh god no. you turn from a fighter to a horror if that happens.

"Pic of the day. Brewster brings The Roost back to Smash Bros. Nothing beats watching a battle of famous fighters with a freshly brewed cup of coffee."
zlCfzSAw3SgUFawo2M.jpg

Hopefully this wakes the tread back up :P ughh

Annnnnd guess we were bound to have something cryptic and dumb, huh?

Tomorrow we're probably just getting information about the Smash Bros conference or something
Brewster is the shit man, don't say he's dumb.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
well
being in space for countless years will do things to your height....

Fun fact.
Star bits are actually an incredibly radioactive material.
Rosalina was just incredibly lucky that the mutations experienced from constant exposure resulted in an increase in the rate of cell duplication and development and not cancer.

well
being in space for countless years will do things to your height....

Also weakens bones and lowers overall bone density so hitting her with just a mild punch would probably shatter her bones like sugar glass. XD

did the star bits factor into the whole space goddess thing or was that something that just happened like "oh yeah I guess I'm doing that now"

I believe it was her building the observatory that did, but she found various starbits and fed them to all the lumas. So kinda, a little bit. It made her friends.

remember kids
make friends
and become god
Not just any friends, alien star friends.

Gotta agree with Ruin on this one

RIP satisfying CLANG sound you will be missed

I think this will be the main thing I will miss from past Smash games if they really did get rid of the pan.

I still don't like that ending.

So who here's gonna try out Rosalina at the Best Buy demos, because I am.

Heh, no one realizes/ is complaining that they didn't include Lucas, Ness, or anybody from the Mother franchise to be in the new Smash.

I would have lost that bet tenfold.

Heh, no one realizes/ is complaining that they didn't include Lucas, Ness, or anybody from the Mother franchise to be in the new Smash.

I would have lost that bet tenfold.

Just cause they aren't revealed yet doesn't mean they're NOT IN.
Judging from how both Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are confirmed to be items coming back, and that Ness is an Original 12, I would eat my shoe if he's not back.

Lucas is a little more up in the air, but considering how it seems like almost all Brawl characters are coming back, I'm betting he is too.