• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

ImeantheissueofgenderidentityisanissuefacedbyrealpeopleoutsidetheconfinesofasocialmediaplatformandtodismissthetopicasjustbeingtumblriskindainsensitivebutitseemstobeasensitivetopicheresomaybeI'lljust drop it.

If psychic types can talk in English and think like a human does, they're sentient.
Also that means I can marry a Gardevoir and no one can call me out
b-b-because she's m-m-muh w-waifu

In that it can be genderfluid if you want.
Or male.
Or female.

I think the main implication is that it's just A Jigglypuff and not any specific Jigglypuff with any specific characteristics such as gender or gender identity.

Hahahahaha.....yes. Fuck Jigglypuff. It wasn't that important a Pokemon when 64 came out and time has only made it less important. That and it gets worse and worse gameplay-wise as the franchise goes on. What's the point if you're not going to buff a character?
Jigglypuff is arguably the best character in melee, and definitely within the top 5 characters. Mewtwo is among the worst.
Which one of these is too weak and needs to be completely reworked again?

Hey who brought Tumblr in here?
Tumblr is always watching
Probably because it's a blog website that tons of people use even though they aren't radically feminist

We need Social Justice Wario in here to settle things
tumblr_inline_mx3d0cZgP91qh3yij.png

Forget I asked. I always thought it was a female because of the bow and crown, etc.

Forget I asked. I always thought it was a female because of the bow and crown, etc.

Yeah, I always thought Jiggs was female because of the tertiary female accessories (but i mean that's gender labeling boys can wear them too durr durr)

Lucario I classified as male because of both how uncommon female Lucario's are (DeviantArt and FurAffinity be damned) as well as that distinct masculine voice

Charizard and Greninja as male as well due to the fact that my headcanon is that they're Ash's Pokemon.

Reactions: Φ
Yeah, I always thought Jiggs was female because of the tertiary female accessories (but i mean that's gender labeling boys can wear them too durr durr)

Lucario I classified as male because of both how uncommon female Lucario's are (DeviantArt and FurAffinity be damned) as well as that distinct masculine voice

Charizard and Greninja as male as well due to the fact that my headcanon is that they're Ash's Pokemon.
Pretty much this.
Greninja does have an odd voice, though. It isn't completed what I'd thought it'd be, I was just expecting it to be a bit deeper.

Pretty much this.
Greninja does have an odd voice, though. It isn't completed what I'd thought it'd be, I was just expecting it to be a bit deeper.
I wasn't expecting it to literally just be Froakie saying "Greninja" instead of "Froakie".
It's not terrible, but yeah, it is weird.

But that depends on the palette you take? The green headband from melee is pretty masculine. (Which btw is the best jigglypuff palette ever and better be in smash 4.)
Plus it's a pink cream puff that sings people to death, pretty sure the males of that species are gonna be effeminate.

I fucking hate Ash/whatever the fuck his name is oh my god

In other words I got my Rochelle Mii ready to kick some ass because SHE'S THE BADDEST WOMAN ALIVE! YEAAAA!!!

There is no way Jigglypuff or Captain Falcon's movesets will be removed from the game.

I will feel very strange if either of them are cut.

I thought it was announced that the Mii fighters wouldn't take a slot on the character select screen? Or is it they wont take a slot EACH and will all share 1?

They would need to take at least ONE spot, or else how could you select them? :PUN:

Anyway, it's probably just a toggle on their character select portrait, like Zelda and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl.

so when's Sceptile and his christmas tree dragon form
i'm waiting sakurai

zlCfzSDrvR8DZPCZGu

"Pic of the day. Here's Dr. Eggman's machine, Eggrobo. It'll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams."

I am the Eggmaaaaaan, it's what I am, I am the Eggmaaaaaan, I got the master plan!

No, ya ninja'd me with the PotD. I wasn't expecting anyone else.

Grumble grumble.

SO apparently the WiiU build was really old and the 3DS version actually played differently?

Things are starting to look good, I hope the 3DS version is a newer build showing newer physics/recoveries

EDIT: To explain what is going on, you can air dodge out of most of this stuff.

But air dodge in Smash4 doesn't move you in any direction.

Result? MIXUPS

A different form to what we are used to but it is mixups, I hope this is reflective of the final game.

nah man
the final smash would be a remix, obviously
probably like
Remix 8 from the DS game

But air dodge in Smash4 doesn't move you in any direction.

Result? MIXUPS

A different form to what we are used to but it is mixups, I hope this is reflective of the final game.
*facepalm*
That's exactly how airdodges worked in Brawl, lol. The only difference this time around is that there is more hitstun, allowing for potential comboing at low to mid percentages and mixups at higher percentages.

The difference this time is that you can't air dodge your way out of hitstun like you could in Brawl. Brawl had hitstun, it's just that you could cancel it using an attack or an air dodge. You can't in this game.

Plus air dodges are much more punishable in this game, so now it's more of a risk/reward tool than a do-everything tool.

Anyone else feeling a reveal this week?

This is based on nothing but the feelings I'm getting from some weird spot in the back of my chest,
but I don't feel it, I don't think we're going to get any NEW new information until at least next week.

I wouldn't count on a vet reveal until july
we miiiiiiiiiight get one closer to the end of the month, but that sounds like a stretch to me
i want more info on the recent newcomers, tbh

dat booty to devine for mortal eyes. you tryin' ta kill us?

I wouldn't count on a vet reveal until july
we miiiiiiiiiight get one closer to the end of the month, but that sounds like a stretch to me
i want more info on the recent newcomers, tbh

We could get a vet reveal this month, but it's not guaranteed. We can always hope though. :P

Note that we didn't get any veterans whatsoever this month, aside from MAYBE Mr. Game & Watch, technically.
even though he was pretty much confirmed in Pac Man trailer