• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Apparently, at the round table, Sakurai was asked about Snake, and said "Snake hasn't been confirmed yet", which is intrigueing, but you also need to remember, Kojima was asked about Snake in SSB 4, and he said "I haven't been asked about Snake in Smash Bros yet, but they have my permission", so he's either a late addition, or DLC.

So if Snake isn't in Smash 4, the problem would probably be Konami... business as usual?

Apparently, at the round table, Sakurai was asked about Snake, and said "Snake hasn't been confirmed yet", which is intrigueing, but you also need to remember, Kojima was asked about Snake in SSB 4, and he said "I haven't been asked about Snake in Smash Bros yet, but they have my permission", so he's either a late addition, or DLC.
Yet again he doesn't want to set a precedent for telling people exactly who ISN'T in the game since that's the slipperiest of slippery slopes.

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei
It's not clever, leet is just a really crappy cipher made even worse by randomly being used on one letter. It's also not a pun, and it's definitely not funny (I have serious doubts that it's meant to be unless you're specifically using it to sound stupid.)
At that point, why don't we just translate titles into pig latin? I'm really excited for Mashsay Ourfay!
Are you mad or something? It's just a way of saying something. You're being ridiculous.

I feel like they will do the same thing they did with Pokemon Trainer and have all three styles of Mii on one square, and you can pick your preferred variant from the picture once you select the character.

I feel like they will do the same thing they did with Pokemon Trainer and have all three styles of Mii on one square, and you can pick your preferred variant from the picture once you select the character.
Actually that sounds pretty awesome.
Let's go with that.

I honestly figured that you would choose what type of Mii you'd play in the same menu where you choose your customizable moves and presumably which Mii you want to use for that slot, your custom outfit, all that stuff.

Reactions: Jutsei
So, if the Gemastsu leak is real (the one that hasn't been wrong yet, revealed two days before the original presentation last year), then this is what the roster would look like

tumblr_n79o8ut7Ia1qac026o1_1280.jpg

I'd be happy with it. The only thing is that the leak didn't say Lucas wouldn't be back and yet everyone's cutting him.

Meh. Replace Chrom w/ Robin, the Choir Boy w/ K. Rool, Jigglypuff w/ Mewtwo, Falco w/ Krystal and R.O.B. w/ I dunno, Dark Pit or Isaac. Everyone else I don't have a problem with.

Matt Mercer (Chrom's VA) on him in Smash. No confirmations, but pretty hilarious.

Meh. Replace Chrom w/ Robin, the Choir Boy w/ K. Rool, Jigglypuff w/ Mewtwo, Falco w/ Krystal and R.O.B. w/ I dunno, Dark Pit or Isaac. Everyone else I don't have a problem with.

I was sort of with you until you said ROB should be replaced.
One, he's an awesome and unique character that's really important to Nintendo's history. He needs to stay.
Two, Dark Pit? Dude started as a palette swap. Dude will stay a palette swap. Maybe with unique VO, but there's no way he'll be a character.

How can you replace R.O.B.?
Dude, like,
saved all of video games and you're gonna deny him his spot next to Pac Man?

Also I think Chorus Boy sounds a lot more interesting that King K. Rool.
Seriously though, he's one of my Mains.

It's the exact same as Ash's Froakie (who is bad ass) from the anime, so I'm not complaining

But seriously what the hell does Magnus say in the clip
He says Mario, Link? Hey I know them!

Past the first suggestion it's just like, what the fuck are you talking about?

It's weird cause, like, he was one of the only NON-fourth wall breaking characters in KIU. He was always serious.
What if he actually DOES know mario and link?
Magnus confirmed playable in hyrule warriors
Magnus confirmed playable in super mario 3D world 2

I thought I was the only one that would say anything.

I could see that actually.
He could be the special guest character.
I remember seeing a "leak" that said Samus, Pit and Takamaru were all guest characters, with Samus in a "samurai-like" armor. Cause they all came out in the same year, you know.

Sadly, I highly doubt that's the case, cause it also said that there are no Zelda characters other than Link and that the rest were generic original soldiers.

I was sort of with you until you said ROB should be replaced.
One, he's an awesome and unique character that's really important to Nintendo's history. He needs to stay.
Two, Dark Pit? Dude started as a palette swap. Dude will stay a palette swap. Maybe with unique VO, but there's no way he'll be a character.

One: He's not really that good gameplay wise so if he's not getting dropped then Sakurai really needs to revamp his moveset or he's going to be worthless. Plus I'd say Toon Link instead but he's obviously not getting removed at this point.
Two: They tease him at the end of Palutena's trailer, there's two dozen different weapons from KI:U that neither Pit or Palutena are using in their movesets from what we've seen, no sense letting them go to waste. I don't care if he's a palette swap, if Sakurai's going to bloat the roster w/ clones again, the least he can do is put that one in.

4609129583.png

Hahahahaha.....yes. Fuck Jigglypuff. It wasn't that important a Pokemon when 64 came out and time has only made it less important. That and it gets worse and worse gameplay-wise as the franchise goes on. What's the point if you're not going to buff a character?

Wow

One: He's not really that good gameplay wise so if he's not getting dropped then Sakurai really needs to revamp his moveset or he's going to be worthless.

Yeah, those are the only two options, complete moveset revamping (when he had an okay moveset to begin with, like his moves aren't super unique or flashy or anything, but he doesn't have a whole lot to draw from) or just cut him completely.

Those mysterious buffs (that you mention in this very post) would never work for him.

Two: They tease him at the end of Palutena's trailer,

And they've been teasing Ridley for almost a year now, but everyone seems to be at the consensus that he's probably not playable.

there's two dozen different weapons from KI:U that neither Pit or Palutena are using in their movesets from what we've seen, no sense letting them go to waste.

You're right.
There is literally NO aspect from ANY game that can go unwasted.
Like there are so many pokemon not involved, we need a dozen more playable.
And not every Kong is represented properly, throw them all in.

Why would you suggest removing a character with the justification of there's aspects from a game that are going to waste?

I don't care if he's a palette swap, if Sakurai's going to bloat the roster w/ clones again, the least he can do is put that one in.

You can tell he's bloating the roster with clones by that
one clone that's been confirmed.

That and it gets worse and worse gameplay-wise as the franchise goes on. What's the point if you're not going to buff a character?

Because if you didn't buff a character the last two games, you've lost all ability to and that character is subjected to the pits?
Like, ignoring the fact that you're basically saying every character that returns needs to be buffed (which I would assume includes the likes of Meta-Knight), why would Jigglypuff just NOW be exempt from any buffs, if she is as bad as you say she is.

Hahahahaha.....yes. Fuck Jigglypuff. It wasn't that important a Pokemon when 64 came out and time has only made it less important. That and it gets worse and worse gameplay-wise as the franchise goes on. What's the point if you're not going to buff a character?
I personally think that with the physics in this game, Jiggs wil feel awesome to play. Brawl was far too floaty for him to be very threatening and Melee's physics made him terrifying. These physics will likely make for an interesting balance. Have faith man.

I personally think that with the physics in this game, Jiggs wil feel awesome to play. Brawl was far too floaty for him to be very threatening and Melee's physics made him terrifying. These physics will likely make for an interesting balance. Have faith man.
Isn't Jigglypuff implied to be a female?

Jigglypuff doesn't have a defined gender, neither do any of the pokemon except Pikachu.
So its gender can be whatever you want it to be.

I always considered all of the playable Pokes in Smash to be gender neutral besides Jigglypuff. She'll always be a girl to me.

Reactions: Covenant
I always considered all of the playable Pokes in Smash to be gender neutral besides Jigglypuff. She'll always be a girl to me.

Well, female Pikachu's have notches in their tails.
So the playable one in Smash is canonically male.
Jigglypuffs don't have gender dimorphism.
So it can't really be said.

OFFICIAL ANSWER

So Jiggs is genderfluid, right?

Don't you have to be sentient to apply a gender to yourself?
Are pokemon sentient, or are they animals.
I'm confused.

Are pokemon sentient, or are they animals.
I'm confused.

If psychic types can talk in English and think like a human does, they're sentient.
Also that means I can marry a Gardevoir and no one can call me out
b-b-because she's m-m-muh w-waifu