• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

it'll be a stage from the upcoming detective Pikachu, obviously

complete with uncanny humanface pikachu talking at you in his hardboiled detective voice (provided by Steve Blum)

Nope. Creepy Pikachu Detective game is a 3DS game

run
run
he hungers
original.gif

Reactions: Kristoph
I loved Spear Pillar, yeah, but none of my friends wanted to play it because the whole flipping the stage upside down thing didn't affect me much and they just kept killing themselves because they couldn't grasp left=right.

But Fox technically is a robot animal person.

Actually he's a cyborg animal person since it's only his legs that are mechanical.

And even then, that hinges on whether Nintendo want to keep running with that idea or not.

either way Fox is pretty good for punching.
don't let me down sakurai
let me punch things

Some insane person thinks Espurr should be playable in Smash Bros 4.
I would be oddly fine with that.
Or a Pokeball, at least.
Definitely a pokeball. That would be cool. Perhaps there could be a Sylveon pokeball that occasionally lets you lands crits or have moves miraculously pass right through you as hearts come out of Sylveon. /trollface

Reactions: Jutsei
6b1cQb2.jpg

I'm digging the laser blaster redesign. This will make it much easier to tell from the Super Scope at a distance. That always bugged me as a kid.

Music of the Day:

The new laser pistol looks like a Ratchet and Clank weapon...
I like it.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Music of the Day:

I have the special Skyward Sword CD, and I still prefer the original Gerudo Valley. The orchestrated version isn't bad, but it feels completely different. If I didn't know any better I'd have trouble recognizing it as Gerudo Valley.

Hey, any picture of New!Bowser is an awesome one.

Sonic too but that's just cause of my fetish for him
People on Reddit think that if you step on Bowser's shell when he's crouched like that, you'll take damage.
Which I am 100% not against.
I mean it's a fucking spiked ass metal shell
You can't just jump on that and expect not to get hurt

If they gave his shell that ability while he's crouching, then there is literally no reason to do anything but crouch and dtilt with Bowser... quite literally that would be gamebreaking lol. A lot of approaches are by air and those that aren't are going to be hit by dtilt (assuming it's still the two hit smack)

But yeah, it's likely just his upsmash :P

Yeah, it's been his Up Smash.
So it's probably just that.

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving, and some people think we'll get something special then.
I don't think Thanksgiving is celebrated that much in Japan so don't hold your breath.

Yeah, it's been his Up Smash.
So it's probably just that.

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving, and some people think we'll get something special then.
I don't think Thanksgiving is celebrated that much in Japan so don't hold your breath.
The world doesn't stop for American holidays. Same as we don't stop for Eastern holidays.

Did you know that like 5% of the Japanese population is christian? Meaning there's a christmas :P A literal christmas in Japan.

That's disgusting... Sakurai, please don't tell me you take part in this...

Well he is pretty crazy and unpredictable...

I wouldn't say it's disgusting so much as weird and quirky

Mind you KFC is much better cold than it is fresh.

Put some refridgerated KFC chicken breast meat in a sandwich with some salt and pepper and mmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM you got a damn good sandwich.

I swear though, if they reveal Miis as playable in Smash, and you can use your own Mii(s), I hope they reveal it with Sakurai's Mii.
That'd be incredible

How do you even code a character like that? Srsly? Wtf kind of moveset could you possibly make from a mii... And if you say you could make your own moveset, you're dum. The coding for that is far more intricate than just copying and pasting your own stuff in. Why do people feed this idea?

Well some people are behind the idea of it being more of a Wii Sports/Sports REsort/Music based moveset, with the option of using your Mii in Smash.
But I dunno, I'm fine with them not being in, or being in.
I'm completely neutral about the idea

I'm rather against Mii as it has no personality. Like, even less than Villager and WFT.

I'd rather a real Nintendo Allstar, or a piece of Nintendo's history, have a spot.