• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Villager has some Wii Boxing gloves in one of his attacks so I doubt that

i just want Little Mac
i just want to punch people

I need to see it to believe it
Sakurai has stomped on my dreams before but he cannot deny me Little Mac
he can't
I won't allow it

I need to see it to believe it
Sakurai has stomped on my dreams before but he cannot deny me Little Mac
he can't
I won't allow it
You're setting yourself up for disappointment man. Setting, up.

WON'T. ALLOW. IT.

of course i'd be willing to accept a few other things if Mac isn't in.
Like if Mewtwo returns
or if Falco didn't

I think Mewtow is all btu assured at this point
You think everything is assured to be in lol.

But I can see them possibly taking out a space animal, but it wouldn't be well received by a lot of people if they took out Falco. He's Fox's right hand bird, man. Keeping him in for two games then axing him seems illogical on Sakurai's part especially given Falco's rep in the competitive scene.

I'd say 80% is the chance that all three current space animals return, no additions.
10% says Wolf is cut
5% says Falco is cut
and the last 20% (overlapping the previous two percentages with the extra 5% saying they keep them all AND add another) is another space animal introduced, the most likely member being Krystal (Who I strongly protest against) or Slippy (Who would be hella funny)

Yes Mewtwo is indeed likely, but Lucario's not going down without a fight... One of the two is probably making it in and I don't see both of them making it simultaneously...

Team Mewtwo unite!

Reactions: Lunerstep
Yes Mewtwo is indeed likely, but Lucario's not going down without a fight... One of the two is probably making it in and I don't see both of them making it simultaneously...

Team Mewtwo unite!

Don't deny me my dream match:
78kh.jpg

You think you'll be getting toad
but instead it is HE, DIO!

But he, DIO, cannot have a chance of getting in due to rules set in place back in the Brawlian Era.

I wonder if they'll have Alt. Costumes... Because I'm nearly tired of waiting for Fusion Suit Samus to be consistently ignored. It's not a bad suit.

There probably will be, if Male Wii Fit Trainer is any indication.

Reactions: Rellek
The only thing I'm wondering about the alt. costumes is the possibility of a stat change to go with them. I mean I know they didn't do that with Wario in Brawl, but I think that creating a semi-different experience without needing to create another slot for a character would be a good route to go. So we could get Dr. Mario again and heck maybe even Pichu if the model matches closely enough to the real Pikachu, but don't expect Lucario/Mewtwos please. It's also kinda makes me think that part of the reason Toon Link has come back is that, while a clone by definition, his body differs too greatly from normal Link, unlike all the other "clones". And Sakurai probably doesn't like being one-upped, so I was thinking this time around he would maybe do something like this with Project M releasing all those costumes.

I really think Lucario AND Mewtwo have equal chances.
Both are relevant again due to Pokemon X & Y, and the fact both of them have Mega Evolutions.
Hell, Lucario's even story relevant (For atime) in X & Y, and is VERY relevant because he's documented as the very first Mega Evolution discovered, and the very first Mega Evolution you see/use in the game

I really think Lucario AND Mewtwo have equal chances.
No, no, as in SHARING the same movesets and then being swaps of costumes of each other is what I meant.

The only thing I'm wondering about the alt. costumes is the possibility of a stat change to go with them. I mean I know they didn't do that with Wario in Brawl, but I think that creating a semi-different experience without needing to create another slot for a character would be a good route to go. So we could get Dr. Mario again and heck maybe even Pichu if the model matches closely enough to the real Pikachu, but don't expect Lucario/Mewtwos please. It's also kinda makes me think that part of the reason Toon Link has come back is that, while a clone by definition, his body differs too greatly from normal Link, unlike all the other "clones". And Sakurai probably doesn't like being one-upped, so I was thinking this time around he would maybe do something like this with Project M releasing all those costumes.

But the coding doesn't work like that D: The stats are ingrained into the character itself, the costumes simply alter the appearance of the textures and bones that fundamentally create a character. In order to "alter" the stats slightly, it would have to read off a whole new file, it wouldn't just modify the file that's being used. So essentially, it would be two completely different characters who are, for some strange reason, sharing the same character spot.

Also, Toon Link is far from being a Link clone :P Yes, they are the same character so to speak, they use master swords and throw boomerangs, but they all have different properties that form to create very different advantages to situations. So no, they are not "clones by definition"

Today's Smash Bros image was of Spirit Tracks.
We got a better look at some of the exterior of the train, as well as a reveal of a stage hazard there.
The evil possessed trains!

but don't expect Lucario/Mewtwos please.
No no, I'd rather they be separate.
It'd be super weird to have a Fighting Type and a Psychic Type be clones of each other, yes?
I...gah, making it simple, making it simple...*sigh* okay. I don't want Lucario and Mewtwo to share the same slot, I was saying that people may find them similar enough for it to happen. I personally don't agree with that, so I said it in an unnecesarilly-advanced fashion.
But the coding doesn't work like that D: The stats are ingrained into the character itself, the costumes simply alter the appearance of the textures and bones that fundamentally create a character. In order to "alter" the stats slightly, it would have to read off a whole new file, it wouldn't just modify the file that's being used. So essentially, it would be two completely different characters who are, for some strange reason, sharing the same character spot.
That's....That's... That's the point. The entire point was so that "clone" characters can be brought in in an interesting matter without people complaining about them taking up other character's spot. I don't get what you're saying, is it bad if that happens? Two characters can't share the same slot? There's Zelda and Sheik, Samus and Zero suit Samus, and they crammed all three of the starter Pokemon into one slot, why is this an issue? It would be just that except, well, not a totally different character. Are you saying that the game can't hold that many characters or something? With a lack of story mode this time around, I'm betting on a significant uprise in storage space with the absence of that + it's a new freaking system. And are you on the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS team right now because how do you know it can't change? They can't, like, introduce something to get the job done? I know it's hard to develop whole new series of coding but sheesh, you think this would be in "okay" territory.
Also, Toon Link is far from being a Link clone :P Yes, they are the same character so to speak, they use master swords and throw boomerangs, but they all have different properties that form to create very different advantages to situations. So no, they are not "clones by definition"
I-just, oh my god. Yes, that is the point. When I put "clone by definition", did it not seem like I was saying he isn't really a clone? Them using basically the exact same kind of attacks with the exact same final smashes, while with different properties, are still close enough to be labeled as so. There are two ways a clone differentiates in my opinion, by change in moveset or change in properties. Toon Link is at the top of properties, because his attacks, while taken from Link, have all different speeds and properties and his body is the only one that is drastically different from Link. The moves one would be Luigi, though he seems to be the only one.

hey guys what about Ray-01 he has a chance right right
Eh, possibly, it's not out of the question. Maybe not "01" seeing as how the Ray that was in Brawl was MK III. Though one model of it seems like a more likely chance than most of the other characters that were assist trophies in that game.

Oh, sorry were you wanting to be shunned? Oops, um, *cough* ah gee, costumes n shit amiright!

Samus confirmed.

Wait a minute.