• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

And here I was wondering why we haven't seen any new 3DS version stages recently. A Find Mii 2 stage? Personally I would've picked Gold Bone's Mothership from Mii Force but this works too.

I just hope this isn't hinting at playable Miis though.

People don't want miis because they think they will be customizable, if they are based off of the games like Wii sports it Wii party and that stuff will be good,

Also how is anyone able to get into smashboards the site always crashes on me

Someone on Smash Boards said that there's an oncoming storm of Butthurt should Miis be playable.
Winter is coming.
Knowing my luck, Miis will be playable and completely customizable and will be an absolutely horrendous character overall.

That's just because I'm hoping none of those are true.

You mean Mario & Luigi as a team?
I'd be down with that

I just got Dream Team and loving it and so I'm totally on board with the idea. So on board that I'd consider replacing the Ice Climbers with them.

didnt they do that at E3?

That's why I said it.
It could happen again.
We have no idea.

But one thing to keep in mind. Sakurai said he'd love to do introductory videos for each new comer, like he did with Wii Fit Trainer, resources permitting.
It's a lot of work to make one, ya? I was just throwing out that suggestion as a thing, might not happen.

HE has said he's a fan of "Chracter spotlights",so...

What if reggie walks on stage, and throws a paper airplane, then walks off without saying anything while the person that caught the paper airplane finds out that it's the entire ssb4 roster with a hyper realistic drawing of sakurai laughing.

"guys now that we have sonic we need tails knockles amee big braze shado silver super shado super silver brning blaze eggman chaos chao negasonic (that's scourge lol)"

I legit got this comment on a video of the Sonic reveal my web group put up.

I just

I wish people weren't dumb.

That said I just got my WiiU today so I'm ready to fight all y'all bitches

we should just take all the lame mario people out and put in more sanic characters

why are there even nintendo characters in this game

where's master chief

Pffft, you are all a bunch of scrubs.

Sora for SSB4

Anyway, three more days of pics.
Like last week, this week's set of pictures is pretty awesome.
I mean, that Find Mii Stage reveal alone shows that they're gonna be varied for all levels.
Like usual, at least.
I mean shit, I didn't expect a "Find Mii" stage to represent 3DS in general.
But hey, that's pretty good.
It's preloaded on literally every 3DS.

Anyway, three more days of pics.
Like last week, this week's set of pictures is pretty awesome.
I mean, that Find Mii Stage reveal alone shows that they're gonna be varied for all levels.
Like usual, at least.
I mean shit, I didn't expect a "Find Mii" stage to represent 3DS in general.
But hey, that's pretty good.
It's preloaded on literally every 3DS.
Sounds like a cool stage to be honest.

But now let's look at what we have now. We can see a trend with bosses popping up on stages...

We got the Megaman stage with the yellow boss guy (please forgive my mega-ignorance. Never played rockman)
Sakurai hinting that Ridley will come out on the Metroid stage
Now the FINAL boss from Find Mii 2 on the newly released Find Mii stage...

Are they setting up to have bosses come in and wreak havoc during matches? Allowing the players to team up against the annoying boss hazard or turning it into an advantage by throwing opponents into it?

This was already mentioned before by someone, but it's starting to become more realistic.

I'd be totally fine with invulnerable bosses fucking your shit in stages.
Feels more dynamic.
I mean, that's kinda why I loved New Pork City, because of the Ultimate Chimera.

I'd be totally fine with invulnerable bosses fucking your shit in stages.
Feels more dynamic.
I mean, that's kinda why I loved New Pork City, because of the Ultimate Chimera.
Well I kind of think that if they were to have those bosses come in and do damage, they should make them take damage and be killed off. Having a huge boss who's invulnerable to everything sitting on stage for anything longer than 10 seconds would definitely become a little more than annoying. So give it a health bar and fight it in a similar manner as the bosses in Subspace!

And on the main menu have an option to turn them off if you felt like it. Boom! A unique and fun twist to add in. I'd be totally fine with that.

Reactions: Jutsei
If you could work together to kill bosses, that'd be cool.
If items are on or whatever maybe they could drop a Smash Ball or something.

Also, just had a thought. I really want Ultra Sword Kirby as a final smash for the Pink Puff. It's at least avoidable, unlike Chef Kirby, and would look HELLA BADASS completely slashing up the stage.

I also think changing Kirby's Final Smash would make more sense.
Because just broadening Kirby's screen clearing abilities to Cook is kinda silly.
If it were up to me, Kirby's Final Smash would change with every game.

If you could work together to kill bosses, that'd be cool.
If items are on or whatever maybe they could drop a Smash Ball or something.

Also, just had a thought. I really want Ultra Sword Kirby as a final smash for the Pink Puff. It's at least avoidable, unlike Chef Kirby, and would look HELLA BADASS completely slashing up the stage.
Sounds good! Dropping items sounds great!

And that FS would be too cool. Only way to avoid it would be to time your dodge great or get outta the goddamn way. (Btw, you can avoid Chef Kirby with a well timed dodge or getting outta the goddamn way)

Yeah I agree.

And there's only one other FS I want changed.
King Dedede's FS should change to becoming Masked Dedede.
And when he becomes him, the BGM changes to Masked Dedede.