• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

<sigh> Still better than what I expected, but I really do wish that they had either made him Sword Ganon or reverted him back to his Melee build. Even without Melee's physics, which did help that version of him quite a lot, the overall speed, range, and recovery time on his moves was just better.

really though check out his custom Bs

they're super legit if you wanna play him

I really hope those custom moves are tourney viable.

Equipment, that's broken as shit and I can totally understand not.

But custom moves are AWESOME.

And if every tournament organizer just makes a bunch of "sets" with the most common combos with names like 1112, 1232, 2321 for each custom move number, it'd be super awesome.

i've seen some people discussing it now and again
there's obviously no general consensus, but I've seen people leaning towards non-custom tourneys and custom tourneys, just for the sake of keeping things separate

I kept trying to play Robin like Ness. PK- ARC FIRE.

Well they're very similar anyway, maybe that's why I find them both incredibly fun.

Played my first online match, and won. Robin mirror match hype. The other guy was kinda goofy, kept doing Elwinds on the stage. The connection was also a little chunky but it felt decent.

The only thing I saw getting in the way of custom tournaments was how frustratingly difficult it is to unlock them at all, what with the randomization and how it's possible to get repeats of custom moves. Then people busted that wide open and I think we'll be okay now.

Reactions: 8-Bit Templar
The only thing I saw getting in the way of custom tournaments was how frustratingly difficult it is to unlock them at all, what with the randomization and how it's possible to get repeats of custom moves. Then people busted that wide open and I think we'll be okay now.
Those also apply to equipment and mii costumes, so it still will take a while to get custom moves for everyone.

Although if the Wii U version can get custom moves transferred this won't really matter in the long run. Could probably send the custom moves back to other 3DS systems for all we know.

<sigh> Still better than what I expected, but I really do wish that they had either made him Sword Ganon or reverted him back to his Melee build. Even without Melee's physics, which did help that version of him quite a lot, the overall speed, range, and recovery time on his moves was just better.
Another major thing about him in this game is that nearly every attack of his will cancel an opponents projectile.
If his Choke wasn't techable, then he would be really insane. Like, he can combo f-tilt out of choke on a large portion of the cast and choke > d-tilt works on EVERYONE if they don't tech

And don't let the tech scare you, its such a fast drop, its very hard for them to tech.

ALSO also, Chain Choking is still really good a building damage (and infuriating your opponent).

Honestly, I've been doing this and I still think its gonna take a loooooong time to do this unless only one person needs to do it then you can transfer it to all consoles... I mean like dozens of hours per console. It's not as fast as you might like.

I haven't been able to play stocks online yet. I really do though, times starting to get boring.
And I haven't touched Custom moves yet so.

Maybe we can get a group thing going soon

So I got a lot of playtime with the game yesterday (thanks to generous friends), and I got to play just about every newcomer. I'll cut to the point though, LITTLE MAC IS THE HYPEST SHIT EVER. I don't think I'll main him, because I need my air characters (<3 Toon Link/Jigglypuff), but he'll definitely be a secondary. Favorite character in the game hands down. Just try playing 4 way Little Mac only battles, and you too can experience the pure hype that is Little Mac. The best thing is when you get 2 Macs KO punching someone in between them at the same time.

Oh, and Robin and Shulk are cool too. Definite main candidates. Pac-Man is the shit. That Fire Hydrant, that side+b, that KEY. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt are okay. Need more time with them to decide if I'll use them. Lucina and Dark Pit are better than their origins, RIP Pit and Marth. Dr. Mario is better than Mario IMO, but not Melee level, so I don't think he'll see much use from me. Rosalina is too floaty, and Wii Fit Trainer is just weird to play. Miis don't exist.

I agree, not too big on the custom moves deal. I've only really touched up on the Miis'.

Also the way the announcer says ROB's name is so hype. It's like he's so happy that he's in the game.

I made Rochelle OP as fudge.
Am I cool yet?
Is Rochelle cool yet?

Goofiest, huh.
Well, there's that Kirby Mii...

So I was watching this video and I realized Ness had his own victory theme in Melee. So then now with Lucas out why did they keep the Mother 3 victory theme for him? Also noticed Kirby's melee victory theme>his current victory theme, and Mr. G&W's victory theme in Melee was awful.

And they need to bring back Luigi's dancing victory pose from Smash 64, they can replace his dumb planking victory pose with it.

But the planking is what makes Luigi cool and obscure.

Oh.
For some reason I thought that would be the Smash 4 theme done with the Smash 64's instruments.
I'm a little disappointed now, actually.

Reactions: Lavama
zlCfzSg_7pMGuB5KP2

Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

I don't give a shit, show me Ness.

"Collect 3 unique outfits"

How do I get this challenge? Its the last one on the first page of challenges I need to get? Someone help? I just don't even know what I am looking for tbh and I really just want to be able to have random select stage toggle haha.

Games pretty fun, just like any smash though a lot of characters suck but its fun <3

its the rainbow ? bags you can pick up in smash run

Aren't the outfits found in the wrench bags, I thought rainbow bags were used for smash run power ups?

It's both apparently. My challenges thing shows that rainbow bag as the icon for the challenge kenin wants to do

So smash run? Thats what I needa to do to get the challenge?

I just wanna make sure because this game just has hella modes haha

So smash run? Thats what I needa to do to get the challenge?

I just wanna make sure because this game just has hella modes haha

If you care about getting customs or clearing later board challenges then you might as well get used to Smash Run now.