• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

What do you guys think about the intensity in Classic Mode?

This is something of a misnomer that is gathering an unhealthy amount of traction. Lucina is NOT faster than Marth. Many of her moves actually have MORE start and end lag than Marth's. In fact, I think it would be easier to make the opposite claim; Lucina is power and Marth is speed, though I don't believe either comparison is very apt. I think that their main difference comes, not from their speed and strength, but from a deceivingly simple change in hit-boxes.
Interesting! I'm learning!
I guess they'd still work well as double main characters, right?

Personally I think Bowser's going to drop. At most, below Falcon. At the least, half-way through B.

and some day samus is going to be good again... until then gotta work double hard...

This is something of a misnomer that is gathering an unhealthy amount of traction. Lucina is NOT faster than Marth. Many of her moves actually have MORE start and end lag than Marth's. In fact, I think it would be easier to make the opposite claim; Lucina is power and Marth is speed, though I don't believe either comparison is very apt. I think that their main difference comes, not from their speed and strength, but from a deceivingly simple change in hit-boxes.
so what you're saying is that Lucina has even LESS of a reason to be her own character

Personally I think Bowser's going to drop. At most, below Falcon. At the least, half-way through B.

and some day samus is going to be good again... until then gotta work double hard...
Forget him! His son is where it's at! Look at those drill arms!

I'm a Palutena main, so supposedly I'm going to suck hardcore despite the fact that most of my wins come from Miis Palutena.
Unless I'm over thinking this.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
I'm thinking of maining Palutena competitively... What's the tier list looking like right now?
(Or Bowser Jr. Picture it: Most hated/loved fighter using the most hated/loved character!)

Tier lists are pretty worthless until we have some substantial tourney data. I wouldn't expect any useful sort of tier list to pop up until near Evo 2015 tbh.

There is, from Japan.

Jigglypuff, ROB, Lucina, and Shulk are too low. Wii Fit Trainer will probably jump up too once people learn how to use her. Fox is too high.

And if (when? lol) the game becomes really defensive Palutena will probably rise by a lot.

I wanna live in a world where the Ice Climbers made it.
And a world where Dark Pit and Bowser Jr never made the cut, a world where Lucas and Wolf were never removed.

I'd rather lose Rosalina instead of Bowser Jr, he's more deserving of being in then her IMO.

I'd rather Bowser Jr. not be the face of a collective and just have the character be "The Koopalings"

i'd also rather have Waluigi and Takamaru but hey pipe dreams gonna pipe

Reactions: Φ
I'd rather Bowser Jr. not be the face of a collective and just have the character be "The Koopalings"

Waluigi will never be in Smash unless he gets his own game.

Takamaru has a chance as a retro rep, but aside from that the only other way he'll be in is if he gets a series revival akin to Kid Icarus Uprising.

I like to play with Rosalina since I want to give her try to get used to Luma's abilities and score some additional damage. Also, I enjoyed using the Mii Brawler so far.

Waluigi is the spinoff guy
he'll have his day
one day
WAHn day

Waluigi is the spinoff guy
he'll have his day
one day
WAHn day
Step in line. Daisy has had a ticket for ages.

so what you're saying is that Lucina has even LESS of a reason to be her own character

Deceivingly simple. While the speed and strength will affect them, the lack of tipper is HUGE. The loss of Marth percent alone is already big enough, as it gives her more options on a mid percent opponent, but that versatility translates over to basically every aspect of her character. Just by virtue of that one change, her play style completely shifts from Marth's glass cannon approach to one based more off of punishes.

Interesting! I'm learning!
I guess they'd still work well as double main characters, right?

Well, let no one on Earth tell you who to play, just do whatever you want. But if you're asking for my opinion about it, if you're going SUPER competitive, it may not be the best choice, as I envision them having many of the same match-ups, but seriously, play who you want to play, and just try to make it work.

Daisy merely adopted the spinoffs

Waluigi was born in spinoffs
MOLDED by spinoffs
he's yet to see a main game, but when he does the hype will be B L I N D I N G
And then Daisy will also appear and B L O O M into the spotlight she ever so deserves.

That salt is what proves it: I NEED to master BJ!

And then Daisy will also appear and B L O O M into the spotlight she ever so deserves.
When's Waluigi and Daisy's Moderately-Sized and Mediocre Adventure, ninty

Reactions: Φ
When's Waluigi and Daisy's Moderately-Sized and Mediocre Adventure, ninty
After Rosalina and Bowser Jr (etc) get their full length film, television show and video game.

well i mean we're already getting Captain Toad
not sure why he isn't just the go-to Toad tbh
the generic ones aren't as brave or material-motivated

But That's After Toads Totally Terrible Transaction Towards Two Terrorist Teritories

boxart-preorder.png

well i mean we're already getting Captain Toad
not sure why he isn't just the go-to Toad tbh
the generic ones aren't as brave or material-motivated
the Toad Brigade theme's catchy, so it'll be great!

Clearly Nintendo's going to do a Rosalina spinoff before any of these and you will all eventually love it.

Everyone loves Super Toad 67.

Reactions: Agent York
i'm sure most of the waifutrash are waiting for super rosalina 69 though :V

Well to be fair

roy wasn't established before melee came out so uh

kinda true??????? maybe?

it took until Awakening for FE to become established at all any place but japan

When is Wolf's route coming back?

it took until Awakening for FE to become established at all any place but japan

To be fair, FE7 did alright riding off Smash's coat tails, and most people who played Sacred Stones liked Sacred Stone. Ike's games did pretty good over here as well. But, in terms of being anything but a cult classic, yeah, it toke till Awakening.
(Which is kinda disappointing to me, but that's another topic entirely)

to be a little more on topic about smash 4 gameplay,
someone earlyer mentioned how dark pit's side-b beats everything. However I found out that it trades with peach's side-b.

A, B, C and D are "tourney viable" while E is "so terrible can't ever win"/

Which is BS IMO cause Kirby, Ike, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer and Samus all ROCK.
I laughed.
You guys have to realize this will be shuffled like a deck of playing cards next month, and then the month after that they'll shuffle it again.
Whenever you see a tier list for smash 4 in like the next 6 months remember that in 2008 mew2king said that Mr.Game and Watch is the best character in brawl.