• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Not to mention how great Rosalina looks with it.

I can only wonder how good Ridley will look with this style.
playable or not

I'd say closer to this
SamusvsRidley.jpg

Than this
boss_ridley1.jpg

Bright Purple Ridley?
I can dig it.
Also, look in the Melee Cinematic.
Ridley appears to be Samus' size.
And he doesn't look half bad.
Is still scary and intimidating, and still looks cool

I can't imagine him being totally left out. At the very, VERY least he'll be a stage hazard.

Cause I mean

but good GOD that's an ugly design for him.

The people on Smash Boards aren't that much a fan of it either.
Someone said all the spikes made him look like a Power Rangers villain.
I'm fine with any design they use for him, really.
The SSBB design was pretty good

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

So there's that.

And to wash away the American concept art, here's the Japanese promo art
Ridleychibi.png

Reactions: Jutsei
Put his best effort into it, of course.
This time he seems to be trying out things and making them more faithful, making Bowser more upright, and the possibility of a new Zelda moveset, it's definitely possible.

Honestly, the team at Sora could easily make a moveset for ANY character. I just think the big thing is time and resources. If they had unlimited of both, the game could be HUGE, but the level of detail in each character is just so staggering that putting in everyone is impossible.

No matter who does or doesn't get in, I'm excited to play the game.

Yeah, that's the thing.
The moment they reveal Ganondorf using his sword I'm going to be so hype

I'd much rather they give him his spear back. He hasn't used that since LttP and the only time you ever seem to see him wield it is when he's Ganon.

I'd much rather they give him his spear back. He hasn't used that since LttP and the only time you ever seem to see him wield it is when he's Ganon.
Again that's also possible.
...Well.
It's not as possible.
Due to LBW stuff.
Mostly the fact "Ganon" is only himself for all of ten seconds, and the rest of the game he's Yuga Ganon

I can't imagine him being totally left out. At the very, VERY least he'll be a stage hazard.

Cause I mean

but good GOD that's an ugly design for him.
I love that game so much. I still play it.

So, I was thinking a bit about the idea of "home stages" for each character. It's interesting to think about how every character will have two it seems, one on each console. This is my thoughts so far on them...

Confirmed Stages
  • Battlefield: N/A
  • Animal Island: Villager's 3DS stage
  • Arena Fernox: Marth's 3DS Stage
  • Boxing Arena: ???
  • Unnamed DKCR3D Stage: Donkey Kong's 3DS Stage
  • Find Mii: ???
  • Galaxy: Rosalina's Console Stage
  • Garden of Hope: Olimar's Console Stage
  • Gerudo Valley: Link and Zelda's 3DS Stage
  • New Mushroom Kingdom: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser's 3DS Stage
  • Nintendogs: N/A
  • Pilotwings: N/A
  • Pyrosphere: Samus's Console Stage
  • Rainbow Road: Rosalina's 3DS Stage
  • Reset Bomb Battlefield: Pit's 3DS Stage
  • Skyloft: Link and Zelda's Console Stage
  • SmashVille: Villager's Console Stage
  • Spirit Tracks: Toon Link's 3DS Stage
  • Wii Fit Room: WFT's Console Stage
  • Wily Fortress: Mega Man's Console Stage
  • Windy Hill Zone: Sonic's Console Stage

The ones that remain and my predictions:
  • Pit's Console Stage (based on original Kid Icarus)
  • Pikachu's Console and 3DS Stage (Console will be generic Pokemon Stadium, 3DS will be handheld game story related like N's castle or Mt. Silver)
  • Fox's Console and 3DS Stage (Based on Assault and 64 3D, respectively)
  • Kirby's Console and 3DS Stage (Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe, although an Epic Yarn stage would be lovely)
  • Samus's 3DS Stage (Fusion or Prime Hunters)
  • Mega Man's 3DS Stage (No idea, but it would be nice if it was based on a Robot Master's Stage. I'd go for Guts Man's, personally, due to the lifts and stuff)
  • Donkey Kong's Console Stage (Wouldn't be surprised if it was Tropical Freeze related, though a simple DKCR stage would work too)
  • Olimar's 3DS Stage (Maybe based on Pikmin 1 or 2? This one is tricky because he's never been on a handheld before)
  • Toon Link's Console Stage (Revamped Wind Waker Stage, cause of Wind Waker HD)
  • Sonic's 3DS Stage (Maybe they could reverse Mega Man him, have him go to an Eggman Base for 3DS and an early level for console)
  • Marth's Console Stage (Will most likely be generic like Brawl's)
  • Wii Fit Trainer's 3DS Stage (Wuhu Island?)

Reactions: Jutsei
  • Mega Man's 3DS Stage (No idea, but it would be nice if it was based on a Robot Master's Stage. I'd go for Guts Man's, personally, due to the lifts and stuff

There's only one other MM2 stage scarred into my heart and mind for all eternity.

images

The mother of all stage hazards?

Reactions: Goodbye18000
I think the Megaman Stage is the same across both versions.
If memory serves right, Megaman's stage is in some of the 3DS Screen Shots and it's still Wily's castle.

Nope. I have been saving every screenshot for Smash 4 and there is no 3DS Wily stage.

Smash update today shows Battlefield...
And a note that Sakurai's taking the week off next week.
We'll be back with Smash Updates on Jan 6th!

About time. Man never takes a break, at least he's taking off for New Year's.

No, he's still working. There'll be a fireworks show when he gets back.

No, he's still working. There'll be a fireworks show when he gets back.

Very much doubt that. New Year's is the biggest holiday in Japan; it'd be insane for him not to take off. In fact he's probably super busy with family stuff for the next week.

He's probably still doing something on it :P

L cancel possibility could be a 50% cause sakurai said he wants to balance the game so we don't know what will happen to l cancel

Yeah you wanna talk too big there you go.

Also, someone on a Smash Tumblr pointed out that Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out on Jan 11 in Japan.
So that's either
A. Meta Knight
B. King Dedede
C. Bandanna Dee (Newcomer)

The mother of all stage hazards?[/spoiler][/quote]
L cancel possibility could be a 50% cause sakurai said he wants to balance the game so we don't know what will happen to l cancel
I don't think L cancel will return because of the different air dodges

I
he's discreetly adding tripping back in
"silly gaijins won't know what hit them heheheheheh"
i guess. He'll put tripping like for the banana items cause it makes more sense

It's gonna be Dedede, I'm almost certain

Meta Knight hasn't even appeared in any Triple Deluxe adverts or trailers, whereas Dedede has his own mode, minigame, and is the driving point of the plot (kirby needs to rescue his pal)

triple deluxe. . .deluxe starts with a D. . .DDD
King Dedede confirmed