• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Oh dang, sorry for double post, but we got more that will apparently be revealed much later from the same guy.

Pokemon X Tekken. Roster of fighting types and humanoid Pokemon. Hawlucha/Lucario/Blaziken are the poster boys. Will be ready for Fall, unless delayed, but scuttlebutt is that it may be held off to give distance from Smash. Will use NFC.
)Pokemon X Animal Crossing is being announced for hype, but the intention is to release 2015. 3DS. You are a human who is transformed into Pikachu/Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie. Villagers are baby/basic Pokemon and other cute ones. Diggersby takes on Tom Nook role.
)Seaman: Mysterious Pet With The Human Face for 3DS. 2014. Sequel to Seaman.
)Glory of Heracles 3DS. 2014.
)Metroid Fracture 3DS Fall/Winter 2014. Intends to hit after Smash to one-two the hardcore audience on 3DS. 2.5D, Super Metroid art-style.
)Custom Robo and Starfy sequels coming to eShop. Franchises/developers deemed too small for retail. Custom Robo August, Starfy April.
)TGC Battle Simulator coming to Wii U. New cards will be readable via NFC for in-game play. Spiritual sequel to TGC GB games.
)Rhythm Heaven: 3Dance to be big casual title 2014.
)’X’ is Xenodoll in Japan. Treehouse rocked with laughter, apparently waiting on legal for final Western name.
)Steeldivers Subwars launching post-Direct. Strategic announcement to appease ‘IOS’ investors. F2P is great for players, lucky to make any money off it. Bosses apparently very worried about ripping people off. Too worried.
)Mii for Smash 4 announcement. JP will feature Iwata Mii footage, US Reggie, EU Shibata. Trailer will start with a Wii Sports Club Baseball fake-out.
)IntSys has Hikuoku for eShop, sequel to Crashmo for Wii U. Heard US name was Puzzmo. Still sounds dumb, but better then Puzzblox, poor EU. Players pull blocks from gamepad to fit inside a structure to reach goal.
)Dillion is coming to U eShop. Had bigger plans for franchise, but poor sales of sequel got them downgraded. Vanpool is on shaky ground after PMSS was poorly received in West.
)MK8 is launching April 3rd in JP. Shipments will be counted as Q4FY2014 – basically a business move.
)MK8 is eating resources at EAD. Over 140 people on staff, mostly old Pikmin/Nintendo Land people. E3 2013 build had ~13 months of dev time. Once done, bulk of staff moves to ACU and Zelda U. Bosses want one out for Christmas this year. Lots of sleepless nights.
)Zelda U is a bit of a mess due to Aonuma focusing on WWHD and ALBW. Miyamoto had to step in. No tea table flipping, just a casual reminder to the team what Zelda was about. Graphically it looks ok, but artists can’t keep up with production + constant dungeon layout changes. Gameplay uses 2-screen secret discovery gimmick that was for a scrapped new franchise. ALBW being received well has encouraged the team.
)SNES Remix is a possibility. NES Remix apparently already broke short term expectations. That’s Tokyo though, so may be more wishful thinking than knowledge.
)Old guard struggling with HD. What they think is fine, new grads and young staff say needs more time. This is what is delaying projects. G&W was supposed to be out 3 weeks after launch but graphically wasn’t ready. Bosses getting impatient, need software done yesterday.

Some are believable, some are not.

Do not play with my feelings, because so help me with god as my witness if there is not a custom robo game out at anytime in August, I will shoot the messenger.

Reactions: Covenant
Most of those seem like guesses anyone could have made based on previous news/precedents.
The only thing that stands out is a Custom Robo game. If any of this comes true it really means nothing.

Do not play with my feelings, because so help me with god as my witness if there is not a custom robo game out at anytime in August, I will shoot the messenger.
My Thoughts exactly. I still pull it out and play with it. I love shooting my gun everywhere........wait.

Reactions: Rellek
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than landing multiple hits with this bad boy
185px-ME0000415416_2.jpg

Metroid Fracture 3DS Fall/Winter 2014. Intends to hit after Smash to one-two the hardcore audience on 3DS. 2.5D, Super Metroid art-style.

3523802-8511816800-3879%25.gif

That one does hold some water, as Nintendo said that since Link Between Worlds was successful, they might adopt the same strategy with other game series.

Other than Star Fox, Metroid is the only other option for an SNES-Remix-Upgrade, if you will.

I know, and this gives me hope. I always wanted a new 2D-Metroid since... Fusion was the last I played, and that was on GBA. So it’s about damn time. But reading the rest of the spoiler... a Tekken crossover with...? That’s never going to happen. I love the pocket monsters, but it’s just so absurd. A fighting game with them alone however, that could work.

Just pointing out that the Mario Kart classes are for a character's SIZE, not weight. Waluigi and Rosalina get the biggest vehicles becaure they're tall, not because they are heavy or something. It also explains why King Boo gets the Large class even though he should literally be weightless save for his crown.

Anyway, as for the rumours, why would either Ness OR Lucas summon a Starman as a FS? I will say though, the alleged healing move for Chrom having limited uses per life actually sounds pretty interesting.

Reactions: Rellek
if I can play as hawlucha in a fighting game
then that is a good fighting game

still waiting on the Mobile Suit Golurk game though

I know, and this gives me hope. I always wanted a new 2D-Metroid since... Fusion was the last I played, and that was on GBA. So it’s about damn time. But reading the rest of the spoiler... a Tekken crossover with...? That’s never going to happen. I love the pocket monsters, but it’s just so absurd. A fighting game with them alone however, that could work.

Actually they've already shown footage of a Wii U render with 2 fighting type pokemon about to go at it (Blaziken and Lucario, follow Goodbye's link to see the picture). Pokemon x Tekken is not so much a crossover as it is a Tekken styled pokemon game. I really doubt it would be a true crossover with half pokemon and half tekken characters, and is more likely a fighting game with fighting type pokemon.

Of course this is all speculation based on that image and the trademark they registered: Pokken. All we know is that something Pokemon related for Wii U is coming eventually.

Not to mention, you would've got the same reaction a couple months ago if you said that there would be a Zelda/Dynasty Warriors game where you played as Link but with DW controls.
The exact same thing but with Pokemon and Tekken seems less out there, especially considering TTT2 had those Mario costumes, showing both companies are already collaborating.

I know of the screenshot and the trademark already, but I was referring to a true crossover, which would have Tekken characters in it as well. Like SFxT without SF but with Pokémon.

A Pokémon fighting game with Tekken mechanics is not really a crossover.

I come home from Work to a bevy of Rumors and shit (Ok joking, I read this saga at work)
Ok, so let me get this straight.
There's rumors of not only a Pokemon fighting game (Whic would be awesome), but a Pokemon Animal Crossing, and a fucking new Metroid that's Super Metroid styled? This literally sounds too good to be true.

And on top of that, some Smash rumors?
Unless there's a Nintendo Direct announced today, tomorrow, or thursday, that rumor's fake.

Also why the fuck would Lucas, Let alone Ness summon a Starman?
They're actively his enemy and servants of Giygas.
There's literally no reason for him to summon one.

Between Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensai, Zelda X Dynasty Warriors, Sonic X Yoshi and Zelda, there's been weirder things than Pokemon with the Tekken engine.

also can 2014 be the year of crossovers please

A fighting game with them alone however, that could work.
And it already has worked.
Honestly if they literally make pokemon: type wild with a fresh coat of paint, more content, better netcode, and a pinch of polish/balancing as an official game for the wii u it would be pretty much the best thing ever.

Hey, we haven't seen Peach's turnips yet. Is there a possibility that it was replaced by something?
EDIT because computer is slow: Hot damn, PokeTekken would be awesome. Can't see Pokemon Crossing being that played though.

I can't imagine it being gone. It's a huge part of her moveset (at least competitively, I assume) and is an actual reference to the games unlike how many moves are just random things.

There is nothing more beautiful in this world than landing multiple hits with this bad boy
185px-ME0000415416_2.jpg
Personally, I like the little speedy guys and give them the magnum or the knuckle gun. As soon as they make a mistake...
PAWNCH!

Reactions: Goodbye18000
I'm sure some of you would be interested: New Club Nintendo Rewards. F-Zero for Wii U, 1080 Snowboarding for Wii/WiiU, Game&Watch Cement Factory on 3DS and some kiddy indie shit for 3DS.

Oh great, now they have the Nintendo 3DS Card Case, about half a year after I needed it. I caved in and bought the Animal Crossing themed case months ago. Only problem is that holds 9 cards and these new ones hold 18.

Can't see Pokemon Crossing being that played though.

You can't see a crossover of the 2 most popular 3DS games on the market being that played? Get your eyes checked.

idk if it was mentioned but Pokemon X tekken was already leaked, called Pokken

That was fast.

Also bah. I think I'll just alternate between staying up late and catching Smash Updates and seeing them in the morning.
I mean it's not like we'll get a stealth update for a brand new character.
Unless Sakurai throws a curve ball or something.

His time period for updates does fluctuate. For my time zone, some nights he does it at around 11:45, some 12:15. The earliest was Dedede's reveal, which was close to 11:25 if I recall.

They're monthly, dog.
YOU WARNED ME ABOUT THE DIRECTS MAN
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

His time period for updates does fluctuate. For my time zone, some nights he does it at around 11:45, some 12:15. The earliest was Dedede's reveal, which was close to 11:25 if I recall.

Yes, but the time he's "supposed" to update at is 2 AM EST.

I did some minor number crunching, and a large portion of the time Nintendo Directs are either around 7-9th of the month, or any time in the 10-19 areas.
So basically if we don't get a Nintendo Direct this week we're probably not getting one until the end of the month