• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

No, I meant that he would be attacking EVERYONE, but lucas/ness just "happen" to not get hurt via blocking/dodging/psi-powers/etc
That's what I was thinking could happen, but let's be real here. That guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about. If you're going to "leak" information, at least PRETEND as if you've played the games rather than outright saying "I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby, but I know shit you don't because I said so"

Dumb.

Reactions: Jutsei
I still don't think that's his Final Smash
I'm not saying it is, I'm just giving an example of how it could work and still remain true to the game
Speaking of Andross, am I the only one who's tired of Master Hand and Crazy Hand?
I'm still waiting for Lady Hand and Opera Hand.
I still think it'll be Autumn/Fall.
Sakurai doesn't appear to be rushing this at all.
I honestly don't think Nintendo would rush this just to boost Wii U sales.
I mean, they could've rushed Pikmin 3, but did they? No. They actually delayed it by like a year.

I think it's just we were used to waiting so long for Super Smash Bros Brawl that we thought it'd take longer.
Don't forget, It bears repeating.
No SSE.
The man can get a whole lot more work done without having to worry about that parasite.
I dont think he'll be rushing either, but iirc melee also had a pretty short development time.

That's what I was thinking could happen, but let's be real here. That guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about. If you're going to "leak" information, at least PRETEND as if you've played the games rather than outright saying "I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby, but I know shit you don't because I said so"

Dumb.

Honestly a statement like that is pretty smart, it kinda shows that they actually heard this from someone as opposed to making an informed guess.

Honestly a statement like that is pretty smart, it kinda shows that they actually heard this from someone as opposed to making an informed guess.
It's not very smart when paired with information that obviously doesn't make sense. Like Lucas's FS using enemies that weren't even in his game.

replace master hand with Boss Foot
Game design choice of the year. Someone give this man an award.

Reactions: Lavama
Though we could talk all day about when Smash should come out.
I don't think we're getting any word on a release date until E3.

Though, when did we get a release date for Brawl before the delay?

People are complaining about the lack of her red eyes.

Fuckin'

the model is amazing and you're complaining about eye color.

I disagree. The model is creepy. I'm really glad she's just an assist trophy and not playable.

STOP STARING INTO MY SOUL YOU CREEPY WITCH!

People are complaining about the lack of her red eyes.

Fuckin'

the model is amazing and you're complaining about eye color.

It's like Sonic all over again. "OHHHH GREEN EYES THIS GAME GONNA SUCK"
So true. There were so many OTHER things to hate about Sonic than his eye color! :P

OT: If they bring back Ashley's Song, I really hope it's the original. I really didn't like the Brawl version: it was too pop-music-ish, and didn't have that sorta happy yet creepy sound of the original song.

I disagree. The model is creepy. I'm really glad she's just an assist trophy and not playable.

STOP STARING INTO MY SOUL YOU CREEPY WITCH!
that's the point
she's a creepy apparently teenager
I was gonna say child but I Checked Myself before I Wrecked Myself

Is there any particular need for an age change? Isn't the whole point that she is an evil witch that happens to be a kid?
They probably thought (incorrectly) that western audiences would be offended by a violent 6 year old girl.
For future reference, Japan thinks that western audiences are offended by literally everything.

Is there any particular need for an age change? Isn't the whole point that she is an evil witch that happens to be a kid?
Well she lives by herself in a mansion with demonic forces
it's easier for westerners to accept that kind of thing from a teenager i guess

And we all know how fucking awesome Melee was.
Clones aside.
Meh. Doing stupid motions(that didnt make sense unless you analyze the physics in melee) and wearing down my controller to do every advanced technique was a turnoff. Technical and advanced need not be synonymous. Look at wave dashing in SG or Absolute guard: advanced techniques that are simple to do-press two buttons(the default input for dashing and pushblocking) then change stick direction. Jumping and then airdodging at a downward angle (with strict timing) several times in a row just to move forward faster made no sense.

But my off-topic gripes aside: I hope Links' and Toon Links' moves are differentiated even more. Even thought their move properties were different their moves just resembled each other too much. I hope Toon link gets moves that reflect his game more.

Anyway, back on topic.

Guys since the mood for SSB 4 seems to be a lot funner/cuter than Smash Bros Brawl, do you think certain other characters have a higher chance of getting in this time?

Can't wait to see what G&W looks like in the new style, I'll bet we'll hardly recognize him.

Reactions: AceZTeller
Well it's more the brighter colors.
Which is awesome.

Though the fact Dedede is so expressive gives me hope for other characters, they're really making each character look and feel spot-on

Can't wait to see what G&W looks like in the new style, I'll bet we'll hardly recognize him.
He looked so muted in Brawl :c
I think the new style will make him look 10 times as vibrant

He looked so muted in Brawl :c
I think the new style will make him look 10 times as vibrant

And with all the new expressions the characters are getting, man, I can't wait to see how emotional his face will be.
That's it, I'm hype, day one purchase, I'm gonna go to Gamestop and get in line right now.

Speaking of that.
Anyone gonna pre-order both games the moment we get a Release Date?
No, because I don't own a wii u and I don't know if it's worth buying one for ssb when I already own a 3ds.

Ok ok let's change that.
Will you preorder it for whatever console you own when the release date is announced?
Definitely.
And I might cave in if there's a wii u bundle. Particularly if it comes with a cool special edition wii u.

I have both consoles, and even though pre-orders are already open for my local Best Buy (they had Hyrule Warriors up literally the day it was announced) I'll wait for the date, yeah. Also, if there's any GameStop PowerToTHePlayers Preorder bonuses, I'll order from there instead.

Yeah, I know it won't be like, Exclusive Female Character Skin Pack, but even if it's just like a lanyard or something, that's still enough to convince me.

Nintendo usually doesn't do Pre-Orders for that.
And if they do they're incredible minor

Nintendo gives pre-order bonuses more often than you think. Most recently ALBW had one of the GB Zelda games packed with pre-orders at gamestop.

Nintendo gives pre-order bonuses more often than you think. Most recently ALBW had one of the GB Zelda games packed with pre-orders at gamestop.
I know about that, that's why I said Minor.
Usually though, they give physical goodies.
I think if you Preordered Pokemon Black and White you got a Giratina Statue.

That was Platinum.

It was one of those and it was years ago, you can't blame me.
Though I don't think we'll get some stuff for Super Smash Bros Pre-orders.
I mean what could they even give you?
Maybe a poster.