• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I come home from Work to a bevy of Rumors and shit (Ok joking, I read this saga at work)
Ok, so let me get this straight.
There's rumors of not only a Pokemon fighting game (Whic would be awesome), but a Pokemon Animal Crossing, and a fucking new Metroid that's Super Metroid styled? This literally sounds too good to be true.

And on top of that, some Smash rumors?
Unless there's a Nintendo Direct announced today, tomorrow, or thursday, that rumor's fake.

Also why the fuck would Lucas, Let alone Ness summon a Starman?
They're actively his enemy and servants of Giygas.
There's literally no reason for him to summon one.
Maybe the starman would attack everyone on the field and Lucas would just be making a psi powered shield for himself.....or maybe a cinimatic where he attacks everyone but lucas is the only one dodging things?

Maybe the starman would attack everyone on the field and Lucas would just be making a psi powered shield for himself.....or maybe a cinimatic where he attacks everyone but lucas is the only one dodging things?
It's more than likely bullshit.
Even if the rumor-ist confused Lucas for Ness, it still doesn't make sense.

Starmen are, again, the main minions of Giygas, they're on the cover of Earthbound, yes, but they're by no means your friends.

it can only mean one thing. . . Giygas confirmed

if giygas is playable I want him to be the fucking background

it's like how PS All-Stars should have had a playable colossus stage

Giygas and the Devil Machine would make a trippy-ass, scary-as-hell stage.

Throw Porky in his spider mech as a stage hazard, bam boom bibbity bop JELLO PUDDIN' POP you got an awesome stage.

Reactions: Smilax
Speaking of Andross, am I the only one who's tired of Master Hand and Crazy Hand?

Like, what if they used the same method of final boss selection that Capcom uses for their crossover games? Take all the villains from each franchise, pin them on the wall, throw a dart, and whoever it lands on is the final boss. I think it would be cool to end up fighting Andross or Hades or what have you at the end of one of the game's single-player modes.

XwCQN8l.jpg

Ashley confirmed assist trophy! With this and Skull Kid, Smash 4 is looking to have some really cool AT's.

Last edited:
Reactions: juju_for_president
Aw man, I was hoping Ashley would be playable...
That model though, Jesus Christ.
Once more proving that Wario Ware character designs can easily make the jump to 3D And still retain their charm.

But you guys know what this means right?
WARIO COMING SOON!
Also that Smash Circuit Stage is being shown again, it's a long shot, but if we have a Nintendo Direct this month I will not hesitate to use that as maybe evidence of a Little Mac reveal

Watch it be a rather useless assist trophy along the lines of Tingle. Cast a spell of some kind and people get all wonky. Who knows, I'm not going to care much either way because she's pretty cool and totally in the game. I like cool stuff in cool games. Yay.

Was anyone ever really doubting Wario returning? Show of hands. No one? Ok then.

I dunno about you, but I feel like we're getting too many reveals too fast. I'd like to slow it down a bit. Like, three characters within a few weeks of each other? And then to suggest another will happen? Too fast.

I dunno about you, but I feel like we're getting too many reveals too fast. I'd like to slow it down a bit. Like, three characters within a few weeks of each other? And then to suggest another will happen? Too fast.

Well, it is the year we're getting the release.

Also a neat little tidbit that Miiverse pointed out (I KNOW I KNOW)
But before Brawl released and they started dropping unlockable characters left and right, the roster amount was 23 (including Zero Suit Samus), right now, we're up to 21.
I got a good feeling.

I'm happy to see that she at least made it this far. But what does she do?

Things we canonically know she can do:
-Turn you into a spoon
-Use you as ingredients in a potion
-Make your pants giant
-Send her demon pet after you
-Send you to hell
-
Mess up attempting to do any of the former resulting in something completely unexpected

Reactions: Jutsei
Well, it is the year we're getting the release.

Also a neat little tidbit that Miiverse pointed out (I KNOW I KNOW)
But before Brawl released and they started dropping unlockable characters left and right, the roster amount was 23 (including Zero Suit Samus), right now, we're up to 21.
I got a good feeling.

If they manage to release the game before summer, I'll be disappointed. I'm expecting a late summer - fall release. No way in hell they have release plans anytime in the next few months. Too fast.

I still think it'll be Autumn/Fall.
Sakurai doesn't appear to be rushing this at all.
I honestly don't think Nintendo would rush this just to boost Wii U sales.
I mean, they could've rushed Pikmin 3, but did they? No. They actually delayed it by like a year.

I think it's just we were used to waiting so long for Super Smash Bros Brawl that we thought it'd take longer.
Don't forget, It bears repeating.
No SSE.
The man can get a whole lot more work done without having to worry about that parasite.

I expect an initial Summer release date and then a delay into Fall. I'd be amazed if there was no last minute delay.

Reactions: Rellek
I expect an initial Summer release date and then a delay into Fall. I'd be amazed if there was no last minute delay.
You also have to keep in mind Brawl was delayed to add Sonic.
We're not getting a major pushback like that again.

Wow. Such Wind Waker flashbacks.

I wonder if Ashley's Theme will show up again because of this?

People are complaining about the lack of her red eyes.

Fuckin'

the model is amazing and you're complaining about eye color.

It's like Sonic all over again. "OHHHH GREEN EYES THIS GAME GONNA SUCK"

It's just a marketing thing. You want to bust out a couple characters really fast at first to get some hype going (megaman/villager/wii fit trainer) then take a super slow pace that you eventually ramp up until it's actual news on the game about once a month. Then towards the end of development you blow through a bunch of info super fast to maximize hype.

People are complaining about the lack of her red eyes.

Fuckin'

the model is amazing and you're complaining about eye color.

It's like Sonic all over again. "OHHHH GREEN EYES THIS GAME GONNA SUCK"
To be fair that's a much bigger part of her character design than sonic's eye color. When I looked at that image I said "something's off" without even looking at the eye color. It kind of screws up the color scheme since there's no red in the upper half of her design.
Also, speaking of great graphics... What the fuck is going on with your shadow, Ashley? Not only are her arms not even rendered in it (so the shadow of her staff is just kind of floating there) but that resolution... those aren't the shadows that are going to appear in the game, are they?

What I'm wondering more is if Ashley is replacing Kat & Anna, or if they're just adding new assist trophies to give more than one rep per series.

Some I can see being removed (Barbara, Dr. Wright cause copyright, Herililin, Little Mac if playable) but we know at least some are returning.

What I'm wondering more is if Ashley is replacing Kat & Anna, or if they're just adding new assist trophies to give more than one rep per series.
What if Kat & Anna replace Ice Climbers?

(Although now that I think about it, I would have liked ashley and red better than rosalina and luma as a puppet character. Especially because summoning red beats summoning luma by a mile.)

I do think we're gonna be missing a lot of old assist trophies this time, either replaced or given new ones.
Though some are returning, no doubt. Remember Nintendog?
Well, returning in a different way, at least!

I'm kinda curious though, Sakurai did say he loved Warioware somewhere, right?

Eh, Rhythm Heaven isn't big enough, IMO, for a character. At most, Assist Trophy, but maybe a stage shared with WarioWare could be cool. Make some of the Microgames be RH games.

As for the EBA, they should be an assist, yes, but it should include all the EBA and both Ouendan teams just having a massive dance battle.

I'd be down.
It would murder a lot of people's enjoyment of the game, however.
M-MUH DESYNCS
You would still be able to do desync shit though? You could probably even chain grab still. In the end, the differences would probably make Kat and Ana even more technical than ice climbers. Like controlling two miniature sheiks.

But, speaking of playable warioware characters... since ashley is apparently out, you know what we need? Fuckin Jimmy T that's who we need.

I'm also curious how Sakurai will handle Rhythm Heaven representation.
Playable, stage, assist trophy?
Stage. Stage would be best.
Who would even be playable from rhythm heaven? That one samurai that no one cares about? The sweaty wrestler guys? There are some characters that could make decent assist trophies, but none that really deserve to be playable. It's not really a game about its characters.

What about The Elite Beat Agents?
Why aren't they an assist?
I would be very fine with the Elite Beat Agents/Oendan being playable. In fact I welcome it.
The problem is that they haven't had a game in years, and EBA sold pretty poorly, so... yeah, unlikely. The way I see it they would be really lucky to be an assist trophy.
...but that's how nintendo sees it. The way I see it, there should really always be a slot or two in the ssb roster for games that NEED the press and the fanbase to keep going. SSB games are going to sell through the roof regardless of what they throw in the roster, why not use it to give a dying game a boost?

Reactions: Jutsei
Pretty much Horseman. I think EBA Should be playable characters.
The way I'd see it is that the main playable one would be in the forefront, and it'd be Agent J or the Normal Mode Ouendan character, and in the background would be his two back-up dancers who would occasionally come help.

Also I'm all for more Warioware characters.
Really, any of them is fine with me because they all have their own unique charm to them

It's more than likely bullshit.
Even if the rumor-ist confused Lucas for Ness, it still doesn't make sense.

Starmen are, again, the main minions of Giygas, they're on the cover of Earthbound, yes, but they're by no means your friends.
No, I meant that he would be attacking EVERYONE, but lucas/ness just "happen" to not get hurt via blocking/dodging/psi-powers/etc