• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Yeah, that's all my problems with SSE.

Like, the only real locations from other games was the Halbred, Skyworld (which was generic as hell), the Jungle and the Ruined Zoo.

And while Mario enemies littered the levels, why wasn't there any others from other franchises? I mean, there's a lot of look-a-likes (the puppits were the Skullkids from Twilight Princess, for instance) but how hard would it have been to even use pre-existing models and animations?

Also the fact SSE was ridiculously Kirby character-centric.

Reactions: juju_for_president
My ideal Adventure mode would be a story for each character that bases its gameplay on the character in question.

Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mega Man would have platforming stages in the styles of their games, Zelda characters would have puzzle-based levels, Metroid would have a Metroidvania level, and maybe try to put in some kind of turn-based mode for Fire Emblem and Pokemon levels or something.

Reactions: Jutsei
My ideal Adventure mode would be a story for each character that bases its gameplay on the character in question.

Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Mega Man would have platforming stages in the styles of their games, Zelda characters would have puzzle-based levels, Metroid would have a Metroidvania level, and maybe try to put in some kind of turn-based mode for Fire Emblem and Pokemon levels or something.
This sounds fucking awesome.
I really hope that's the case. We'll only know when Master Sakurai Hand tells us.

By the way one of my favorite Final Smashs in Brawl was Marth's, just for the rapidly depleting health gauge

This sounds fucking awesome.
I really hope that's the case. We'll only know when Master Sakurai Hand tells us.

By the way one of my favorite Final Smashs in Brawl was Marth's, just for the rapidly depleting health gauge
My favourite was Mario's because I like fire. Also because Mario's the best character ever.

If only Mario Finale had ANY knockback. At all.

(Buff Mario Finale, heck buff Mario in general he needs it)

If only Mario Finale had ANY knockback. At all.

(Buff Mario Finale, heck buff Mario in general he needs it)
That's why it was so good (for me at least). Catch them with the very bottom of it and it drags them off the side :P Worked plenty of times.

Also, Mario doesn't need any buffs. He's the epitome of balance.

Every Mario character needs their Final Smash changed because absolutely none of them have anything to do with their respective characters or the franchise's history or anything.
The closest was Bowser but it's still a move based on Smash and not Mario and every so often this topic gets brought up and I get SO AGGRAVATED.

Anyways, my favorite FS is Olimar's because you can trap them in the ground and laugh maniacally as the spaceship crashes and they eventually meet their doom.

Buff Zelda
i don't mean that in the sense of make zelda better

i mean make zelda buff
where my muscle ladies at

I am in no way disregarding or disapproving the idea of a buff Zelda,
but wouldn't Samus make more sense as the buff lady representation?

Like seriously, why wasn't ZSS more muscular?

negative zone fits luigi though :/

Negative Zone is perfect in every way
Negative Zone needs to stay or at the very least be replaced by the Luiginary Works from Dream Team
the poltergust can go eat a dick

negative zone fits luigi though :/

No…
Not really.
The main staples of Luigi's character have pretty much always been his timidness, clumsiness, and general good bond with his brother. Or they have been for as long as he's had a character.
Giving him some occult voodoo magic because he's secretly super jealous of Mario doesn't line up that well with his character, at most the dance part does, but there's no need to go for some dark magic angle if the idea is, Luigi's goofy, he can dance.

Anyways, my favorite FS is Olimar's because you can trap them in the ground and laugh maniacally as the spaceship crashes and they eventually meet their doom.
It was not hard in the slightest to avoid Olimar's FS...

well he can dance if he wants to
he can leave his friends behind
cuz his friend don't dance
and if they don't dance
then they're no friend of mine

S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A-F-F-F-F-E-E-E-E-T-T-T-T-Y-Y-Y-Y DANCE

It was not hard in the slightest to avoid Olimar's FS...

Yeah, the actually trapping part was hard,
but if you did get them,
then they were trapped.

AndalsoitwasagoofyFSthatdidn'tmakeupbullshitexplanationstodosomestupidmagicmovethathadnothingtodowiththecharacter'shistoryorpersonality.

Like seriously, why wasn't ZSS more muscular?

She was muscular. It just so happens that all her muscle is focused around her upper chest area.

No…
Not really.
The main staples of Luigi's character have pretty much always been his timidness, clumsiness, and general good bond with his brother. Or they have been for as long as he's had a character.
Giving him some occult voodoo magic because he's secretly super jealous of Mario doesn't line up that well with his character, at most the dance part does, but there's no need to go for some dark magic angle if the idea is, Luigi's goofy, he can dance.
actually it is canon that he secretly harbors a great jealousy towards his brother
also watch this 8:30 and onwards

Yeah, the actually trapping part was hard,
but if you did get them,
then they were trapped.

AndalsoitwasagoofyFSthatdidn'tmakeupbullshitexplanationstodosomestupidmagicmovethathadnothingtodowiththecharacter'shistoryorpersonality.

Mario's was pure marketing. The complete essence of capitalism minus the bags of coins he could be summoning from it. Peach's was a left field thing and Luigi's just wasn't on this planet (Also likely a marketing venture). It'll be better, don't worry.

If any of you are interested, the newest version of Super Smash Flash 2 is going to be up for download soon. I'm excited for it, personally. I think it's really well polished and is my prefered portable Smash Bros until the 3DS version comes out.

actually it is canon that he secretly harbors a great jealousy towards his brother
also watch this 8:30 and onwards

[Citation needed]
Like, the video is a half-joke (or at least I hope it is) that takes other jokes to comedically serious levels in order to kind of make a point based on inferences and obscure data while ignoring the overwhelming other data that kind of points to the opposite.
Like oh, there was a joke about Mario being upset over not winning a tennis tournament, I guess we're going to ignore the entire Mario&Luigi RPG series.

Super Smash Flash 2? Still too much anime and fancharacters

Reactions: Rellek and Jutsei
but but but but but you can play as Nardo and Roido-koon
they're basically nintendo characters, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight??????????????????

Super Smash Flash 2? Still too much anime and fancharacters
They got rid of all the fan characters. Yeah, there's a lot of anime characters, but they all fit really well. Naruto's moveset is really cool. You basically throw Shadow Clones around.

I do hope we get to see some more FS's soon.
It's seriously only been the one from Wii Fit Trainer
And Samus's

NO
WE NEED TO THE ONES THAT I WANT CHANGED
SO I CAN BE MAD ABOUT IT WHEN THEY AREN'T

It's the song I'm more happy about. The DS soundchip is terrible. The only team that knew how to make stuff sound good out of it was GameFreak. We finally have a good quality version of it
:PUN:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
MASKED DEDEDE.
MUSIC, FINAL SMASH, I DON'T FUCKING CARE.
PUT THIS MUSIC IN THE GAME.
How about the boxing stage? :PUN:

If none of King Dedede's themes get on that stage I swear I will...

REFRAIN FROM PLAYING FOR FIVE MINUTES AFTER I GET THE GAME

nopeican'tdothatnowillpowershit

I still think the fact the Boxing Stage doesn't have any music in the Developer Direct is a big clue.
I can see it now...
  • Welcome to our latest nintendo direct and yada yada yada, Directly to you
  • Yada Yada Zelda, Yada yada games
  • Finally, we have a big announcement from Mashairo Sakurai.
  • Boxing Stage
  • Shadow appears
  • *Finally! Little Mac*
  • Introducing, Masked Dedede! The newest alternate costume for our latest smash brothers installment.
  • *Little Mac fans (Read: Ruin) in outrage*
  • *Sakurai trolls again. Goes back under his bridge he calls his game development studio*

Reactions: Lavama and Rellek
the Masked Dedede fight was a cage match though
unless the electro cage drops at some point there's nothing suggesting it's a kirby stage at all