• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

No. Master Chief. He doesn't afraid of anything.

Dillon.

nnnnooooooooooo -proceeds to whine on the floor-

but patriciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
patricia_wagon_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d6bhc4g.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Dillon isn't as Third Party, I think.
Published by nintendo.
Here are the eshop reps that were published by nintendo:
Dillon (Could be a playable character- considering Rosalina's playstyle it's not too far-fetched that his down B could be building a small tower as a stand, which would officially make him the coolest character ever. Although if they don't play with his gun towers, he would end up way too similar to sonic. I think it's kind of far fetched for him to get in, though.)
Pushmo guy (I think this has been brought up before, but he would be THE BEST as an assist trophy or a stage. Can't see him playable.)
Sakura Samurai (Would be a pretty boring playable character, but perfectly fine for an assist and I think I brought up before that this game is WAY too beautiful not to get a stage.)
Harmoknight (Could see him being playable, there's certainly room for a move set, particularly if they're willing to let him summon his friends. Could also make a good stage/assist trophy.)
Ketzal's Corridors (Maybe an assist trophy, kind of maybe a stage? This one's hard to work with. A shame, since the game is really good.)

Although, for the record, I don't think it's out of the question for a 3rd party eshop rep to get in, especially one that's nintendo exclusive like mighty switch force. If you're a small developer and you get a call from nintendo asking if you want your ip in Smash Bros, you would be fucking insane not to say yes immediately. I mean, talk about free advertising...

Reactions: Jutsei
I think Mallo (Pushmo) would work. just implement other sumo wrestlers from fighting games into his playstyle and add a stage manipulation aspect to him. plus his final smash could be turning the 3D plane of the stage into a 2D one and be an instakill a la captain falcon

I think Mallo (Pushmo) would work. just implement other sumo wrestlers from fighting games into his playstyle and add a stage manipulation aspect to him. plus his final smash could be turning the 3D plane of the stage into a 2D one and be an instakill a la captain falcon
E Honda's 100-Hand Slap?
I can dig it

I mean it wouldnt be the first time.

-cough-MARYU-cough-

Online mode confirmed for Super Smash Flash 2's new version coming out soon.
Preregister at http://tinyurl.com/ssf2online

I hope to see some of you online. I play Black Mage.
This makes me happy. It also makes me wonder if this is still using flash. It also also makes me wonder why they don't pull a super mario bros crossover and remove all the licensed IP's so they can sell it. IDK, I just really hate when I'm playing a game I got free and I can tell they put a ton of effort into it (Probably part of the reason I own so many different versions of cave story...) Especially since this game has been in development for like a decade at this point. I played the first ssf when I was like 9-10

The creator is working on his own game in the spare time, and I think is going to be selling the original music tracks for the game, like the main theme, which is really good.

Smash Bros pic of the day appears to be Adventure Mode.
It's a forest of some kind with life going through the roots.
Seems like it could be an original adventure, but with less story.
Sakurai's very unclear about it. He said
"Where Am I.....?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. Games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary"

You know... now that I think about it, is there going to be different adventure modes for each version? It didn't really occur to me until I saw the 3DS picture just now.

That's a possibility.
3DS may have original stages for the Adventure, while Wii U gets classic?
Who knows, this stage looks original, can't say I've seen a Nintendo game with life flowing through the roots of a tree like that that

I can't imagine the 3DS not having a Classic mode, but yeah, this looks like some form of Adventure mode.

I have no idea what it is, and I'm a huge Ninten-Nut.

Looked kinda Bionis Interior to me but lol 3DS stage

we'll see though, I guess

I hear people saying it's a Brain Age stage.

Like, I can sorta see where they're coming from (it kinda could be synapses?) but I don't think so.

I really hope it's not just something original. I like my Smash Bros sans too much original content.

A lot of people are thinking Sakurai deconfirmed any Adventure Mode though, going by his comment. I see nowhere does it say that, but okay guys, read into it as deep as you want.

We're stuck in the Smash zone. The zone where people misinterpret ambiguous statements and argue what characters deserve and don't deserve to be in the game.

I'm 85% certain that isn't the Reset Bomb Factory. It's not nature enough for Viridi, and we've seen what the stage looks like when nature'd up. The platforms are different too.

1fLEqMh.jpg

QoMAMKj.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about Xerneas, but the color scheme is wrong. Maybe it involves Zygarde? It could be the cave you find him in in X and Y.

Zygarde_by_theangryaron-d6pgnq4-1-.png

And of course, it could be original. Wouldn't put it past Sakurai.

As long as it's just original and doesn't have a long winding Rabbit Hole of a Story I'm fine with it.
I'm fine with an original story, just if it was fast paced like Adventure Mode

I really hope it's not just something original. I like my Smash Bros sans too much original content.
So you wouldn't like a smash only character ala Amingo/Ruby Heart from MvC2? I actually think that would be kind of nifty, giving smash a little more personality if done right.

So you wouldn't like a smash only character ala Amingo/Ruby Heart from MvC2? I actually think that would be kind of nifty, giving smash a little more personality if done right.

I'm pretty sure they just mean without the gigantic space/time/energy consuming behemoth of why is this in a Nintendo crossover game story of SSE.
Like, if they announced a Primid as a playable character but had an adventure mode actually about Nintendo games, I don't think people would be too upset.

Technically, Amingo, Sonson and Ruby Heart were not original characters for MvC2. Amingo was a future release that got canceled, Sonson was the daughter of the character from the old Capcom game, Sonson, and Ruby Heart was a rejected Darkstalkers 3 character design who was rumored to be appearing to Darkstalkers 4, which again, got canceled (or put on hold, hopefully)

Like, if they announced a Primid as a playable character but had an adventure mode actually about Nintendo games, I don't think people would be too upset.

You give the internet too much credit. If a Primid was confirmed, it wouldn't matter if they announced the game would be coming for free for everyone worldwide the next day, people would still complain.

Reactions: Rellek
Actually, there was some rumor floating around that a "Master Hanafuda" was going to be in the game. I'd take with a grain of salt, but I love reading rumors like its a guilty pleasure. So needless to say, I'm in heaven on the smash boards.

You give the internet too much credit. If a Primid was confirmed, it wouldn't matter if they announced the game would be coming for free for everyone worldwide the next day, people would still complain.

Primids are just an example, I mean a totally original smash character designed by Sakurai.
And yeah, people would complain, (people are always gonna complain) but the entire debacle would garner less net hate than SSE has as a whole.

Actually, there was some rumor floating around that a "Master Hanafuda" was going to be in the game. I'd take with a grain of salt, but I love reading rumors like its a guilty pleasure. So needless to say, I'm in heaven on the smash boards.

Oh, that would make the internet so salty. Although, it is a part of Nintendo's history. Even older than G&W.

All I want in the new Adventure Mode is more trophies to unlock.
And chances are there'll be that.
I loved how there were three trophies of the same character in Melee

And if there was a Mister Hanafuda in the game, I'd laugh

I agree, I would like more trophies of the characters themselves. I did like the whole
Classic = Not-Smash Model w/backstory
Adventure = Smash Model w/regular color
Allstar = Smash Model w/alt color

I would like that back, although you do need one for their Final Smash now.

Mr. Hanafuda would be amazing, ngl

but what about Mr. Love Hotel

we already have that
102qfeu.jpg

I still want to see new color palettes. I hope we get at least a similar amount for each character this time. No less for Sonic and the Pokemon.

Reactions: Smilax
A thought occurred to me, could that stage be a custom stage? It's detailed enough for a type of stage, but so far hasn't reflected any series we know of so far.

Reactions: Crayolan

What are you, crazy?

The love hotel should be a stage.
With no soundtrack either, just a quiet thumping in the background.