• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

A thought occurred to me, could that stage be a custom stage? It's detailed enough for a type of stage, but so far hasn't reflected any series we know of so far.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. We'll just have to wait and see.

One thought of mine was the All Star mode rest area. It reminds me of Brawl's a bit, and the platforms could be where the Heart Containers are.

I DEMAND RIDLEY AND DARK SAMUS AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS and also Little Mac, I think his inclusion is a good idea as well.

Reactions: Jutsei
But guys...
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: juju_for_president
I DEMAND RIDLEY AND DARK SAMUS AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS and also Little Mac, I think his inclusion is a good idea as well.

But guys... Rayman and Bomberman!

But guys...
maxresdefault.jpg

Next Reveal Trailer: all of these characters in portraits over a fireplace, them zooms out showing Wonder Red sipping tea.

Wonder Red Unites Up To The Fray!

Reactions: juju_for_president
I still hold hope for Little Mac and Daisy, I don't want Lucario back though. Never liked em.

Reactions: Rellek
tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of the series, apparently

whooooooooooooooo knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooows

I hope someone has kept a counter of the number of times this thread has devolved into "I WANT THIS CHARACTER/BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS CHARACTER?/WHEN'S THIS CHARACTER?"

15th anniversary of the japanese release is tomorrow yeah

so we might see something iconic to the series released to tomorrow
maybe showing off some Final Smashes or something?

I'd hope so.
We've been in the dark about Final Smashes for so long.
All we have is Samus' Zero laser and Wii Fit Trainer's Wii Fit.

And even then we don't know if the Zero Laser turns her into Zero Suit Samus still.
I hope not

Think Mewtwo might come back?

forget both of those
we need Pichu

Pichu can't even wrestle

Hawlucha is made out of wrestling

we need more wrestling

You guys keep forgetting Daisy, she could wrestle. In my dreams.

Guys don't forget DLC is possible.
I think if we don't get a Gen VI pokemon in the launch roster, we'll get one later as DLC.
Though i want Greninja
Yea, gimme some of dat Greninja.

Fools...Only I know the true Pokemon representative...
Halolz-dot-com-pokemon-heartgold-soulsilver-heyitsjoey-comic.jpg

Guys don't forget DLC is possible.
I think if we don't get a Gen VI pokemon in the launch roster, we'll get one later as DLC.
Though i want Greninja
DLC is theoretically possible, but it can't be paid DLC according to Sakurai. Which probably just means that it's not going to be anything as good as a new character. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It could definitely be as good as a new character.
He hasn't thought about it. He's not going to until the game is 100% complete.

Maybe he'll release Smash 5 as DLC. We're not going to know until the game is 100% complete.

I'm still optimistic for DLC.

Also, I'm fucking laughing.
People are legitimately salty that SSE is gone?
The game is going to be better without that hog.
Miiverse never fails to make me laugh sometimes.

I'm still optimistic for DLC.

Also, I'm fucking laughing.
People are legitimately salty that SSE is gone?
The game is going to be better without that hog.
Miiverse never fails to make me laugh sometimes.
Change anything: people will complain.

Change nothing: people will STILL complain.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Change anything: people will complain.

Change nothing: people will STILL complain.
I reiterate.
With no SSE, that's less time to worry about single player stuff people will only play once.
And more time to cocentrate on an Adventure Mode people will probably play with every character, lots of stages, making new characters and an amazing roster, balancing it out.
And as well as a fuck ton of other singleplayer goodies!

hector fans still crying in a corner

I mean I know this probably isn't saying much.
But I would much rather play Adventure Mode like 40 fucking times with each playable character rather than playing a really long story mode with numerous characters.
It helps me master the character for when I use them online or against the other people of Skullheart
ESpecially if I have to beat a singleplayer mode with them three times.
Like fuck yeah, that's the best kind of practice!

It could definitely be as good as a new character.
He hasn't thought about it. He's not going to until the game is 100% complete.
Well, yeah, it's just that there's incredibly negligible benefits to releasing free dlc for this game. You don't need press and fanbase loyalty when you're dealing with a series that has RIDICULOUS press and fanbase loyalty to begin with, and they have to spend a significant amount of money funding the character so they probably want to see it come back around eventually. I mean, I would love for there to be a shit ton of new characters as dlc too, but unless Sakurai does a 360 on his approach to DLC (or if Nintendo pulls a capcom and releases Ultimate Super Super Smash Bros 4 Mega Climax: The Arcade Edition: Encore) it's just not very feasible.

I mean I know this probably isn't saying much.
But I would much rather play Adventure Mode like 40 fucking times with each playable character rather than playing a really long story mode with numerous characters.
It helps me master the character for when I use them online or against the other people of Skullheart
ESpecially if I have to beat a singleplayer mode with them three times.
Like fuck yeah, that's the best kind of practice!
If SSE came back, I would sincerely hope they would fix such obvious design flaws as forcing you to use specific characters for specific stages.

his entire moveset is spamming Flying Press (to best replicate his playstyle in X and Y)
Oh you silly person. You're hilarious.
YOU'LL THANK ME FOR THIS ONE DAY.
Hawlucha @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Hi Jump Kick
- Baton Pass / Encore

Reactions: Rellek and Jutsei
Yeah, like I said I'd much rather play the same mode over and over rather than just languish and let the damn thing get played fucking once.
Because while getting trophies is a nice way to get you to come back to SSE, I just wanted to jump into the (ok) Online of Brawl after I unlocked everyone, rather than play that again