• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So, if Palutena turns out to be playable, then perhaps that also means that Pit will get a new final smash? If so, I hope it involves Cherubot.
Cherubot-Uprising.png

Actually, it might involve the three sacred treasures. That's probably more likely.

Reactions: Jutsei
I want Pit to get a new Final Smash in general.
He doesn't have the Sacred Shield, so...
Great Sacred Treasure, then?
Greatsacredtreasure.png

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Smash Update of the day.
Shows another screen shot from the Kid Icarus Uprising stage.
It's Rosalina and Zelda hanging out, with Viridi in the background in her giant ghostly form.
This has to be intentional.

Smash Update of the day.
Shows another screen shot from the Kid Icarus Uprising stage.
It's Rosalina and Zelda hanging out, with Viridi in the background in her giant ghostly form.
This has to be intentional.
Picpls

zlCfzRaU9wIFzH1x3W

I was wondering who the hell was in the background and why they were giant...
Oh wait, I still don't know that last part.

That's how she looks in the cutscene where she nukes the Hell out of both armies with a Reset Bomb.
So another nod to the level in KI:U

Oh so this is the infamous reset bomb level I've heard so much about. That should be an interesting stage hazard.

Still though, the fact he deconfirmed Viridi and the fact it's a KI:U stage with the Palutena "Leak" makes you wonder...

Obviously "girl's night out" refers to Palutena's absence from this picture, since it is night in the US. Obviously.
Also note that the first time we get a non-character shown in the 3DS version is the day after people were wondering if Palutena's black outline meant she had to playable...which we can see by Viridi, does.
Palutena leak confirmed real.

Not really, but this is pretty damning. And there's still nothing proving that leak is fake.

well, Palutena's role in her society is that of a ruler, so she can technically count as a princess. Let Palutena join the awesome princesses of Nintendo.
Being a ruler makes you a princess now? Princesses usually didn't even rule over land until they became queens, and even then she's the fucking goddess ruler of heaven and guardian of humanity, I think that's a tiny bit more important than the runner up for the leader of a single human nation...
But the way I see it is, the nintendo princesses are really only defined by two things:
1.) Actually being fucking royals.
2.) Playing a damsel role- they can play other roles, but that's not considered the norm for them.
Palutena follows neither of these rules. In fact, there's more: She actually seems to have some responsibility as a leader, leading the angels and guiding Pit; Pit and Palutena's relationship is more like a little brother/big sister thing with little-to-no suggestion of romance; Palutena is above Pit in the chain of command and actually acts like it... Yeah, she's not much of a princess.

zlCfzRaU9wIFzH1x3W

Pretty much every god in Kid Icarus Uprising has the power to project a giant hologram of themselves to the world, that's why. Even Palutena does that at one point.

I would've much prefered her be playable honestly.

Hynden Walch better be cast to reprise her in the game though or I'll really be pissed.

Pic of the day "as a result of SOME ONE leaking palutena, I'm disconfirming one of the other most wanted KI characters, I hope you are happy with your impatience"

maybe if Pit's on the stage
she'll taunt specifically him

If you honestly thought Viridi would be playable, you need a reality check. She was the only god in the game that didn't directly fight.

so basically.... no one here has any clue what Sakurai is actually gonna do.

SOMEONE PUT THIS IN THE OT!

Viridi's nice and all but I don't think she ever had a chance of playable.
She's cute as all fucking Hell though.
Good lord.
She's not Nephenee cute me thinks. At least judging from the picture.

Obviously "girl's night out" refers to Palutena's absence from this picture, since it is night in the US. Obviously.
Also note that the first time we get a non-character shown in the 3DS version is the day after people were wondering if Palutena's black outline meant she had to playable...which we can see by Viridi, does.
Palutena leak confirmed real.

Not really, but this is pretty damning. And there's still nothing proving that leak is fake.

It's not the first time.
There was also he Miiverse Dark Lord dude.

If you honestly thought Viridi would be playable, you need a reality check. She was the only god in the game that didn't directly fight.
YOU THOUGHT THAT VIRIDI WOULD BE PLAYABLE
BUT INSTEAD IT WAS ME
PALUDIO

GO PYROBLASTERS
BLAM BLAM-BLAM POW BLAM KABOOM
SHZAMITY BLAM
EAT PYRO-BLASTER SPACE WEIRDOS

edit: also music of the day is still going. I'm at 70 days strong.

Last edited:
@Jutsei: You may have got your hopes up for a direct tomorrow a little too high. It's going to be Renegade Kid only, and only on IGN. Source

Also, the big leak that had Ashley as an assist, Little Mac and Ridley playable had Palutena listed on it. Just saying that it bears a little more fruit, and that's the best leak IMO.
Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

We'll have to see with the Diddy reveal what happens.

Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
Liked everything up to here. If wii fit trainer has to have a butt attack (which sounds stupid as fuck tbh, Peach already does that and it makes absolutely no sense here) then male trainer better have it too.

Liked everything up to here. If wii fit trainer has to have a butt attack (which sounds stupid as fuck tbh, Peach already does that and it makes absolutely no sense here) then male trainer better have it too.
Yeah, that is the one thing on that list that I find unbelievable. Though, by butt attack it might mean something like, they yoga pose where you lie on your neck and put your butt in the air as high as you can. Frickin' hurts.

Though why wouldn't the Male Wii Fit Trainer have it? Guys can do it too. Maybe it was too phallic or something? I dunno.

I agree. If it's just an alt, then everything has to be the very same for programming reasons. If it wasn't then it might as well be another character.

That and the Ganondorf + sword thing really doesn't sound feasible to me. Not just that, but it seems far too logical... When have we ever got what we wanted? A whole new moveset on the same character by just using a down B? Doesn't fit right to me. Calling bogus.

EDIT: Oh! And Pacman. Never punctuate a potential leak with a newcomer as mixed-received as Pacman. That just puts everyone on edge. Calling bogus.

Last edited:
make his down b pulling the sword out of his butt then swinging it ineffectually
don't change anything else

then we can say "he's finally attacking with a sword" and be right

make his down b pulling the sword out of his butt then swinging it ineffectually
don't change anything else

then we can say "he's finally attacking with a sword" and be right
But it says he "equips" a sword. When do you equip something if not for a battle?

EDIT: Oh! And Pacman. Never punctuate a potential leak with a newcomer as mixed-received as Pacman. That just puts everyone on edge. Calling bogus.
The same leaker that called Megaman, Villager and fucking Wii Fit Trainer before E3 called Pac-Man. Unless he was really early in development and they scrapped him because nobody wants him, in my book he's pretty much guaranteed to be in.

But it says he "equips" a sword. When do you equip something if not for a battle?
I interpreted it as essentially an item he can summon. So it changes his normals, tilts and smashes but not his specials. Also that he can throw it. Would actually be pretty cool.

I interpreted it as essentially an item he can summon. So it changes his normals, tilts and smashes but not his specials. Also that he can throw it. Would actually be pretty cool.
Ohh, that sounds like an interesting special. Of course the sword would have to have it's own unique attributes, but they don't have to make new animations for all his moves! Saving time, work, and gameplay all at once.

@Jutsei: You may have got your hopes up for a direct tomorrow a little too high. It's going to be Renegade Kid only, and only on IGN. Source
Darn.
Oh well.
Maybe next week.

Also, that leak sounds way too good to be true.
But if it is true? Awesome, it has credibility and everything I'd ever want. Except Waluigi and Bandanna Dee.
But then again, no Leak is 100% accurate

The same leaker that called Megaman, Villager and fucking Wii Fit Trainer before E3 called Pac-Man. Unless he was really early in development and they scrapped him because nobody wants him, in my book he's pretty much guaranteed to be in.

Good god I hope Pacman isn't in this D: That would be terrifying...

As for Ganon's sword, I'm on the edge. I really don't care too much. Just being skeptical.