• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I actually read an interesting idea for the Kirby characters' Final Smashes.
While it doesn't make too much sense for King Dedede and Meta Knight to do this, it would be hella cool.

Basically, they all get a different super ability.
King Dedede would get Grand Hammer, and Meta Knight the Ultra Sword. Then Kirby could get one of the other ones, or even his Supernova inhale from Triple Deluxe.

Reactions: Jutsei
I actually read an interesting idea for the Kirby characters' Final Smashes.
While it doesn't make too much sense for King Dedede and Meta Knight to do this, it would be hella cool.

Basically, they all get a different super ability.
King Dedede would get Grand Hammer, and Meta Knight the Ultra Sword. Then Kirby could get one of the other ones, or even his Supernova inhale from Triple Deluxe.
I wouldn't mind that, it sounds cool.
But I still want Masked Dedede...

Yeah, I don't think he has an outline. It's just how he looks.
Considering Conductor Link didn't, why would he?

Sakurai obviously made his edges darker to make it seem like he has an outline with the sole intent of trolling us with this picture.

That was one complaint. The other was "Why does his NPC model look so bad compared to his player model? Nintendo are lazy because they recycled his DS model!"
uhh... He probably looks worse due to optimization, and ffs that is not the ds model.
You would be able to see the DS model from a mile away- It looks like it's from an n64 game.

Sakurai obviously made his edges darker to make it seem like he has an outline with the sole intent of trolling us with this picture.
That's way too subtle for Sakurai.

the model used in the image looks more like a scaled down version of the wind waker equivalent model

Yeah, Alfonzo's outline just looks like the usual outline that the Toon games gives everyone to begin with.

He does more than yank our chains; he straight up rips them away from us and jump ropes with them.

Pretty much, yeah.
Also, since Yoshi's New Island launches in March we'll probably get Yoshi then.
Poor dude, taking the longest of the veterans to get revealed.
Though Captain Falcon says hi

i imagine they'll time ridley's reveal with the release of the next metroid ga-oh

Also, since Yoshi's New Island launches in March we'll probably get Yoshi then.
Just like how we got Mewtwo with pokemon X and Y!

Reactions: Shooon and DDB
I think it's because Pokemon is a second party series, so he has less control on reveals and stuff. I think.

Also unrelated, I just binge-read the entire Mega Man comic series (as well as the first four issues of Worlds Collide, the Mega Man and Sonic crossover) and goddamn am I so excited for him to be in again. I really hope there's some event in the game referencing World Collide. Like maybe fighting a metal Sonic (not Metal Sonic, A Sonic with metal box activated) and purple tinted Mega Man to make him look like Mega Man? (not to be confused with Mega Man.) as a tag team. That would be perfect.

Here's Mega Man?
Mega_Man_12_3.jpg

what if we get
Metal Mega Man???????????
What if we got
Metal Man?????????????
metlaman.jpg

scuse you he is a life deer and also a tree

but yeah xerneas the best

I think it's because Pokemon is a second party series, so he has less control on reveals and stuff. I think.

I don't think you know what second party means. Pokemon is 1st party.

I don't think you know what second party means. Pokemon is 1st party.

"Originally independent, since the release of Pokémon Red and Green in 1996, Game Freak has been a second-party developer for Nintendo, developing games exclusively for their hardware while remaining a separate company. The company currently employs a staff of 71 as of April 2011"

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_Freak

Second party developer is a colloquial term used by gaming enthusiasts and media often used to describe two different types of game development studios:
  1. Independently-owned studios who take development contracts from the platform holders and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.
  2. Studios who are partially or wholly owned by the platform holder (also known as a subsidiary) and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.

GameFreak is the latter, minus the occasional iOS thing.

Edit: And to round it off, SEGA and Capcom are third party, though it's almost easier to show stuff for them because they gave all permissions to Sakurai already. With 2nd Party, it's an ongoing "Hey, can I do this?"

Last edited:
"Originally independent, since the release of Pokémon Red and Green in 1996, Game Freak has been a second-party developer for Nintendo, developing games exclusively for their hardware while remaining a separate company. The company currently employs a staff of 71 as of April 2011"

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_Freak

Second party developer is a colloquial term used by gaming enthusiasts and media often used to describe two different types of game development studios:
  1. Independently-owned studios who take development contracts from the platform holders and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.
  2. Studios who are partially or wholly owned by the platform holder (also known as a subsidiary) and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.

GameFreak is the latter, minus the occasional iOS thing.

Edit: And to round it off, SEGA and Capcom are third party, though it's almost easier to show stuff for them because they gave all permissions to Sakurai already. With 2nd Party, it's an ongoing "Hey, can I do this?"

I wasn't aware of the 2nd point. I thought that since Nintendo owned the IP, they can do with it as they please and games from that franchise are 1st party. Maybe I'm wrong.

I wasn't aware of the 2nd point. I thought that since Nintendo owned the IP, they can do with it as they please and games from that franchise are 1st party. Maybe I'm wrong.
You usually own your subsidiary's IP's though. If nintendo doesn't own the pokemon IP I would be very surprised.

You usually own your subsidiary's IP's though. If nintendo doesn't own the pokemon IP I would be very surprised.

Oh I'm 99% sure they do, I just thought that automatically made Pokemon games 1st party games.

It's like this.

Adding cameos of Mario, Zelda, Samus and Pikmin to games is super easy because it's owned by Nintendo proper. You don't need to write anything else in the credits or get extra permission.

Putting the Pokemon Pikachu as an item in Animal Crossing on the GameCube would have required permission from the creator and GameFreak themselves.

It's all corporate BS. It's like why they couldn't get Strider in the vanilla Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Yeah they own it, but they still have to ask them for permission.

New Pikachu final smash? lolz

-dear god why-
I think this is going to be my go to video for stuff like this

Edit: I found a better one:

Last edited:
Wait! On the picture of Mario and Palutena... Weren't there other pictures where Mario was in his idle stand, and his eyes were looking at the taller person's face? Instead of straight forward?!

They also did height comparisons, taking Mario's height compared to Palutena's and Rosalina's, and measured their leg lengths in accordance to their other models, and it came out to be perfect.

But yeah. New pic tonight, we'll see what happens then.