• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Raiden is in PS All stars he can't be in this one :/

I'm hoping that the brawl and melee fans will come together and not hate each other's existences, both were fun and enjoyable (except Meta Knight Mirror Matches)
I'm seriously hoping Project M won't sap some sales from SSB 4 on Wii U.
Because that baby needs the sales

what if they come together to hate Smash 4
and the smash 4 fans must band together to eradicate this new terrifying force

I can not speak for all fans of Project: M, but my enjoyment of the mod will not prevent me from purchasing, and quite possibly enjoying, the new official installment to the series. I would like to think that this is a mindset shared by quite a few of my fellow Project: M fans, and that there is no reason to fear their influence on the outcome/sales of SSB4.

Reactions: SkullMan and Jutsei
Think of Project M like, uh, Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2013 [And Brawl being the previous year's version]. That's how I view it.

Yeah. Here's to Kraid being an assist as 8-Bit!

How did this air on 4Kids lol.

I did research.
Kirby Wiki said:
  • Two scenes in Tiff's anime showing her running and sitting in roses was removed from the English dub due to exposure.
  • The otakings singing "Fumu-tan of the Stars" was removed from the English dub.
So it was still censored, but it's astonishing that they didn't just retcon the whole thing like with James' bikini body.
Although I highly doubt that she says "I feel like taking my clothes off" in the dub.

Reactions: juju_for_president
i doubt we won't get one
it's be weird to not have one to show their guns for the new year

I just want them to at least announce a PokeBank release date.
Not because I'm one of those fans who wants it now, no god no, but because every goddamn tweet and FaceBook update they put out, REGARDLESS OF IF IT'S POKEMON RELATED, is just spammed with

WHENS POKEBANK
WHENS POKEBANK

Like, Jesus Christ. Calm the F down.

i'm too old fashioned for pokebank
the old must be destroyed in order to create the new
i can't have the emotions of my past clouding my current nuzlocke
i must use the anger of previous losses as fuel for my crusade to reach the summit

also i'd only use it to keep a bunch of Golurks named after mecha anime and mecha and shounen things

Jojolurk's Bizarre Adventure and all that

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
still waiting on SMTxFE info

it's been a year now, come on Atlus/IS

I can not speak for all fans of Project: M, but my enjoyment of the mod will not prevent me from purchasing, and quite possibly enjoying, the new official installment to the series. I would like to think that this is a mindset shared by quite a few of my fellow Project: M fans, and that there is no reason to fear their influence on the outcome/sales of SSB4.

Agreed. It's basically just brawl how it should have been. Isn't gonna stop me from getting 4 though. It's not like Melee stopped me from getting Brawl.

Yeah, pretty much.
If we don't get news by Thursday, it's gonna be a February ND

But what if they announce an ND on Friday morning for Friday night? :o

It would still be a February Direct in Japan

Reactions: Lavama and Jutsei
But what if they announce an ND on Friday morning for Friday night? :o

It would still be a February Direct in Japan
Hah.
Apparently most NDs are on Wednesdays?
That might be what happens. Either way, keep your eyes peeled this week in particular.
Maybe we'll get that fabled Newcomer Trailer (again, though I doubt it)

Hah.
Apparently most NDs are on Wednesdays?
That might be what happens. Either way, keep your eyes peeled this week in particular.
Maybe we'll get that fabled Newcomer Trailer (again, though I doubt it)
I don't want Fable in SSB4, ew.

Let's get 8-Bit Ridley and his Alt-Costume Lil Mac first.

If ridley gets in
sakurai needs to prove his trolling chops
and make him Other M Ridley
just IMAGINE the salty tears that would be wept
it would be beautiful

Reactions: Lavama
If ridley gets in
it would be beautiful
I really wouldn't care about his Other M design being the one they use.
It's alright, not terrible, but not outstandingly good either.
Just has way too many spikes

If ridley gets in
it would be beautiful
C'mon, Fusion man. Let's make it Ridley's clone that has been Zombified!

Because Samus killed all the effing Metroids!

If Sakurai is going to troll with the Ridley reveal, he might as well go all the way.

Have the Ridley reveal simultaneously send every single currently announced female character of SSB4 into a state of shock.

Reactions: Jutsei
If Sakurai is going to troll with the Ridley reveal, he might as well go all the way.

Have the Ridley reveal simultaneously send every single currently announced female character of SSB4 into a state of shock.
I feel bad for laughing.
Though, if he has a cinematic it should be something awe-inspiring and cool.
Maybe with a hint of funny

Reactions: juju_for_president
I feel bad for laughing.
Though, if he has a cinematic it should be something awe-inspiring and cool.
Maybe with a hint of funny

Iwata: "Mr. Sakurai originally intended to share a Smash Brothers newcomer reveal in today's direct, but it was deemed too big.

Please Understand."

I actually kinda see something like that happening.
Or at least one thing referencing Other M in the introduction.
Guess we'll see?
I mean, I was taken completely off guard by all the red herrings in Rosalina's introduction.
I think no two Introductions will be alike.
But Ridley's being completely serious would be neat.

Reactions: Lavama
I can see it now. Sakurai presents a trailer during nintendo direct. Link, Samus, Kirby and Mario are fighting on battlefield until suddenly, the shadow of a massive wingspan. They slowly stop fighting as kirby looks up and points in terror, and all of a sudden- Ridley stomps onto the battlefield, knocking kirby off of the battlefield. Link tries to attack with the master sword, but with a tail sweep he's launched off of the stage. Mario shoots a fireball, but's met with a bigger blast from Ridley's mouth that overtakes his own and is defeated. Finally, Ridley grabs Samus as she charged her power beam and just as he's about to throw her off, a shot from behind! Ridley falls to the ground, and the words "Adam Malkovich Commands the battlefield!" flash across the screen.

Even with my optimism I'd be kinda pissed off by Adam.
If you're gonna have a supporting Metroid character in Smash Bros 4, use Anthony Higgs for fuck's sake.
I just.
Even when I was watching the movie I couldn't bring myself to like Adam.
His sacrifice was kinda out of nowhere.

Naw, you're all wrong. If we're getting another Metroid rep, there's only one choice.
29canWU.png

(I was bored in Photoshop)

Well the show IS called Kirby of the Stars.
So are the games. In Japan, at least.

I'd be fine with an Adam Trophy though.
Or an Assist Trophy.
Personally, I think that if Anthony Higgs was playable, his Final Smash would be getting a call from Adam.
Something like
"Anthony, Power Bombs are now Authorized!" And then he can use Power Bombs for as long as the FS is on.
Along those lines

how about Lynn? can we have Lynn? Little Mac? can we have those 2? please?

LYNN WOULD BE SO GOOD! ;A; give us characters that SHOULD be in smash. bayonaise and not-joe can wait! I just want Lynn and Little Mac!

"Anthony, Power Bombs are now Authorized!" And then he can use Power Bombs for as long as the FS is on.
Along those lines

And then Anthony curls up into a little ball and lays a plasma egg.

Cause that mental image was amazing.

Also, I need to stop making these and study.
A2TWalI.png

Though I'd rather have a different FE Rep aside from Chrom though.
Why not a magic user, a thief, a trickster?
Another sword using lord would be boooooooooooooooring.
how about tharja

"THARJA: watching you sleep"

LYNN WOULD BE SO GOOD! ;A; give us characters that SHOULD be in smash. bayonaise and not-joe can wait! I just want Lynn and Little Mac!
I think you mean "I want Simon Belmont and Simon Belmont!"

Though I'd rather have a different FE Rep aside from Chrom though.
Why not a magic user, a thief, a trickster?
Another sword using lord would be boooooooooooooooring.
Anna would still be the best FE rep. She could use a levin sword for her normals/a lightning special, one of her specials could be taking an item out of her merchant bag, another could be opening an outrealm gate as a portal... And her final smash would be to summon all of her sisters, of course.

Last edited:
zlCfzRbqj7w4NPmS5B

"Pic of the day. The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air."

I look forward to see character's freaking out animations as they are grabbed by Beetles.