• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Though I'd rather have a different FE Rep aside from Chrom though.
Why not a magic user, a thief, a trickster?
Another sword using lord would be boooooooooooooooring.

If it were up to me, I'd make the next Fire Emblem character the REAL star of Fire Emblem Awakening.

Henry_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

Screw you guys, I want axes. When's Hector.

Serious note: apparently Mew2King wants to use the clone engine in Project M to make Lyn a playable character. So you might get your wish in one way or another.

Screw you guys, I want axes. When's Hector.

Serious note: apparently Mew2King wants to use the clone engine in Project M to make Lyn a playable character. So you might get your wish in one way or another.

Last I checked M2K was not part of the PMBR, his want of Lyn holds just as much weight as my want of Pichu

Reactions: Crayolan
when are they gonna do the actual correct thing and make Samurai Goroh a playable character

Last I checked M2K was not part of the PMBR, his want of Lyn holds just as much weight as my want of Pichu
Wasn't he part of the dev team though? I could've sworn.

Wasn't he part of the dev team though? I could've sworn.
Friends with =/= part of the dev team

I have heard that Lyn and Knuckles are the first two clone engine original characters they want to do, but that's just a rumor.

Last I heard there was heated discussion on their smashboards forums regarding Pichu pretty sad for a pichu main

It's because there's not only a rift as to whether Pichu should be in at all, but also that if he DID get in, if he should be a total joke character or a lethal joke character. Some say that Pichu HAS to suck because it wouldn't be Pichu if he didn't, but others believe that making him suck goes against Project M's goals of trying to balance everyone.

It's a bit of a touchy subject.

the joke character has been dead for some time in the 2d fighting land
it all went downhill ever since they made Dan Hibiki viable

3d fighters still get it, though
they still understand that not everyone needs to be balanced or viable
some times you can get by on the force of personality

the joke character has been dead for some time in the 2d fighting land
it all went downhill ever since they made Dan Hibiki viable

3d fighters still get it, though
they still understand that not everyone needs to be balanced or viable
some times you can get by on the force of personality
Exactly right! Some characters are horrible in battle, but their personalities make it fun to lose have fun with them.

They could make him be like Eliza and Lucario and have damage help Pichu out

wouldn't that be kind of unbalanced since pichu actively damages himself
i mean unless you wanna make that the one thing he has going for him
in which case he's a one trick rodent

Well it would, for any other character. But for Pichu...

i mean unless you wanna make that the one thing he has going for him
in which case he's a one trick rodent
That's literally every electric-rodent ever.

It's like SubPunch Pikachu.

all this is doing is furthering my belief that we must destroy the rodents
with hawks
hawks that wrestle

I'm not sure Rawk Hawk is the best choice for Smash.

all this is doing is furthering my belief that we must destroy the rodents
with hawks
hawks that wrestle
As ridiculous as Hawlucha sounds as a playable character, I still think he's a better choice than a lot of fan requests :P

As ridiculous as Hawlucha sounds as a playable character, I still think he's a better choice than a lot of fan requests :P
coughwaluigicough
coughdaisycough

Potshots will get no one anywhere.

So, next Nintendo Direct when.

POTSHOTS WON US WORLD WAR 2 GOD DAMMIT

So, next Nintendo Direct when.
Asking the same questions doesn't get us anywhere.

It's better than a flame war.
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but it seems that the majority disagree.
Anyway...
ALL OF YOUR WAIFUS ARE BITCHY CUNTS THAT DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH BROS!!!

Reactions: Rellek
If we wanted to be kinda on topic we could discuss the price of the game. I think $49.99 for Wii U and $39.99 for the 3ds version but that's just me.

Nah, most Wii U games go for $59.99 now. Considering Smash's universal popularity that's probably going to be the price.

The winx club are the only characters that truly deserve entry into smash bros.
It's, frankly, an insult that they haven't been included already. They're more obligatory than even Mario, and really should have been in ssb64.

Last edited:
If we wanted to be kinda on topic we could discuss the price of the game. I think $49.99 for Wii U and $39.99 for the 3ds version but that's just me.
Definitely going to be 60 bucks for the Wii U. No doubt. Jeez, too much money spent on games this year :/

Yeah, I can't see it not being $60/$40, respectively.

Doesn't matter, will still buy. I do gotta buy some more Pro Controllers though. I have one for Monster Hunter (cause the GamePad dies too quickly for Addiction Hunter 3 Ultimate) and it's an amazing controller. It will be amazing for Smash 4.