• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Jutsei is the DDB of Ridley

What can I be the DDB of?

OHHH CAN I BE THE DDB OF RAY-01

RAY01Ref1_zps543e209f.jpg

well if Pokken is actually a thing we might have that first one at least
RIP Rawk Hawk though

we're all ddb for one character or another

i'm ddb for hector

Skullmageddon
I'm just gonna say if they ever make another PS All-Stars Skullmageddon should be in it.

Anyway, yeah.
Two days remaining, we got until either today or tomorrow to get a confirmation on a Nintendo Direct
Though, I'm kinda certain they'll be too busy with their investors meeting

I can't wait for more people tweeting about how Nintendo is doomed yada yada stop making the WiiU yada yada
At this point I raelly think the only ones saying this are the CoD/Xbox One Dudebros.
The Playstation guys are a lot better.

Dudebro is becoming a very bad epidemic and very fast.

And if he's not in he's probably DLC
or in Smash Bros 5
Seriously man, it's just painful. Really, really painful.

At this point I raelly think the only ones saying this are the CoD/Xbox One Dudebros.
The Playstation guys are a lot better.

Dudebro is becoming a very bad epidemic and very fast.
Sweeping generalizations, ho!
I have in fact played call of duty- several installments of the series, in fact- I even enjoyed some of them. Surely this can only mean that my mind operates at a much lower level than yours.
Although I can see where this is coming from. Not going to say that nintendo is "doomed" because that's far from the truth, but they did just announce their 3rd annual loss so it's not much of a stretch to say that they need to get their shit together.
Although I do see Nintendo doing incredibly well financially if they're willing to change with the impending death of the gaming console, since they have practically all of the most beloved IP's in gaming at their disposal which would already put them miles ahead of everyone else in the theoretical future market.

I meant the very vocal Dudebros, not all of them in general.
The very very vocal ones are obnoxious and talk out of their ass.

But yeah, Nintendo can bail themselves out, hopefully they have some bombs ready for E3
OR THAT DAMN NINTENDO DIRECT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

they might have it
you know
on that day that they're gonna reveal their plans for the next year
that makes sense to me

Or next week. They might want to do it after the meeting on one of the usual Direct days. (Wednesday, Tuesday, Thursday)

I can't wait for more people tweeting about how Nintendo is doomed yada yada stop making the WiiU yada yada

Quote from Iwata today: "The Wii U isn't in good shape."

So now it's undeniable, stop with this blind optimism. Yes, the Wii U is not necessarily doomed, but ignoring the facts makes you no better than the people with blind hate for Nintendo who want to see them fail.

I meant the very vocal Dudebros, not all of them in general.
The very very vocal ones are obnoxious and talk out of their ass.

But yeah, Nintendo can bail themselves out, hopefully they have some bombs ready for E3
OR THAT DAMN NINTENDO DIRECT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

You too.

That too, at this point it's this week or next.
Just keep your eyes peeled for related news

At what point is it not this week or next week? Or the week after? Perhaps the week after that? No need to state the obvious.

Reactions: DDB
You are the calm insane type, who, unlike the rather vocal and violent insane counterparts, truly believe you are totally right and deny any evidence to the contrary.

To me, I'd rather see the crazy ones because they're actually funny to see. You are just simply annoying.

Wow.
Can we stop with the pot-shots recently?
That's not very nice at all and I'm trying to not come off as annoying.

And no, I'm not. I acknowledge there is evidence against him, I just believe he'll be in because there's a strong demand for him and because he'd legitimately work.
We never made fun of Ruin's lust for Little Mac, did we?

Reactions: Smilax
Wow.
Can we stop with the pot-shots recently?
That's not very nice at all and I'm trying to not come off as annoying.

And no, I'm not. I acknowledge there is evidence against him, I just believe he'll be in because there's a strong demand for him and because he'd legitimately work.
We never made fun of Ruin's lust for Little Mac, did we?

I have mentioned a few times Ruin's lust for Little Mac actually. But the Little Mac argument is has a "little" bit more weight than yours.

Do we really need arguments in here?
I thought we were just hyping stuff instead of shooting down people's hype and hopes for other characters.
This was mentioned a few pages ago. I want Ridley, I know he might not be in, but I'm hoping he is.
If not, fine, that's fine, there's still the possibility of other Metroid characters.

I would just like to point out that we now have all of the non-oc captain N regulars bar one. We need the full trio.

Reactions: Jutsei
I think arguments are necessary when discussing a game like Smash bros. It brings about perspectives that wouldn't normally be seen with just your own personal views. In all honesty, I do not feel that Metroid needs any more reps, because, frankly, Samus is the only one that plays a hugely significant role. Ridley's a reoccurring rival character who poses more of an annoyance than actual story purposes. If anyone should be included from recent games, it should be Metroid Prime itself since it has a more unique role than the other choices. Even then, it can easily be done without.

In other words that the amount of effort put into making Ridley playable is not worth it, even if fans really want it. I'm more than happy with just Samus and ZSS.

If we're looking to avoid argument, then the only good course of action would be to lock this thread until the game comes out. And that would be bad.

We really don't know who's gonna be in, anyway.
Though given all the teasing SAkurai's been doing since the leak he might just show us Palutena next.
Either next or after the next character reveal

We really don't know who's gonna be in, anyway.
Though given all the teasing SAkurai's been doing since the leak he might just show us Palutena next.
Either next or after the next character reveal

CImLwph.gif

Reactions: Rellek
Oh come on.
You know there'll be more character reveals.

Obviously. But you don't need to say "What is obviously going to happen is obviously going to happen this time or the time after that." If it's obviously going to happen, then yes, we all agree, it's obviously going to happen! Just stop repeating it, it's really annoying.

Reactions: Rellek
I'd say the whatever you call this kind of ignorant person epidemic is worse than the dudebros.
Jesus christ. This article probably gave me an ulcer.

Edit: You guys are being way too hard on @Jutsei. Especially you, @Rellek.
If this all snowballed from me saying that he's "painfully optimistic" I apologize. I never intended that as an insult. You guys, on the other hand, need to stop. Don't stoop to that level. Keep it classy and don't get too personal.