• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

jutsei i swear to god if you say direct one more time i'm gonna direct my boot to your behind

Reactions: Rellek
For reference on the whole "the character needs to be balanced to be considered" thing- Goku has been in several crossover fighters. And in most of them he was around mid-tier. There's no character that, by nature, is over/under-powered. You can always balance them out.

For a split second I thought you were actually defending Goku's inclusion in Smash 4.

In only-sorta-related-to-Smash-but-positive-for-once-I-hope news,
this was announced today.

X1-noscale.jpg

My body isn't ready for their first canonical meeting.
Ruby-Spears doesn't count.

Nintendo is now a very niche market. It's no longer the dominant in-everyones-household thing that it once was.

In what world is the company with the current best selling video game platform in the world niche?

I already noted this in the Zelda Musou thread, but nintendo announcing their intentions to make better use of their IPs and being more willing to allow other companies to use them is kind of a big thing.
Zelda Musou being published by Koei in japan is actually a very clever business move.
If this trend continues we might be able to see more Third Parties make use of nintendo's IPs

Platinum Zelda
Sega F-Zero
Atlus doing whatever it is they do

Kamiya said he wants to work with Star Fox. GIVE HIM STAR FOX!

Edit: I should derail this thread more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rellek and Jutsei
Yes, please. I'd very much like a Star Fox. They kind of left it open after Assault, they could move on from there eh? They would have to develop an entirely new enemy force though since basically every evil space monkey and robotic insect was eradicated at the end of it...

Reactions: SkullMan and Jutsei
Well shit. Lucario confirmed. No one saw that coming today.

zlCfzRcUf78b7ntIim

Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with.
Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

The fuck are they thinking? All that effort to spend on a pokemon that isn't Mewtwo or Hawlucha?

0/10 cancel preorder (not really)

I can just see the salt.
Lucario was almost everyone's choice to get cut.

Though, this does make me worry about Mewtwo.

And this almost feels like a troll to everyone who expected Ice Climbers yesterday, it's more or less a random reveal.
Unless it's the anniversary of Lucario's movie?

Probs just a random reveal. And yeah, this does make me worry a bit about Mewtwo. We'll have to see.

You know what else we'll have to wait and see?

MegaEvolutions. Plz Sakurai, don't waste this chance.

I can just see the salt.
Lucario was almost everyone's choice to get cut.

Though, this does make me worry about Mewtwo.

And this almost feels like a troll to everyone who expected Ice Climbers yesterday, it's more or less a random reveal.
Unless it's the anniversary of Lucario's movie?
It makes me hopefully for Mewtwo as well. Because we've seen that a series can have 5 reps. So I predict it'll be:

1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. LIKELY Jiggz
4. A PT of some kind
5. Hawlucha Mewtwo (hopefully)

Reactions: Jutsei
screen-1.jpg

Loving the new art design. Looks great.

screen-4.jpg

My childhood just exploded. Also Mega Man what you doin that fist won't do nothing to him

screen-10.jpg

Is that his Mega Evolution pose? It could just be me. He looks great on 3DS though too!

Like Zelda, I expect some more 1080p screenshots on Neogaf soon too. So there's that.

It makes me hopefully for Mewtwo as well. Because we've seen that a series can have 5 reps. So I predict it'll be:

1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. LIKELY Jiggz
4. A PT of some kind
5. Hawlucha Mewtwo (hopefully)
That's my prediction for the Pokemon reps. Not bad either.

And the redesign Lucario is pretty here too.
Past Shin always thought Lucario would get dated with time. But it's kinda odd.
He hasn't, in fact I kinda appreciate him more for being a advertising character that's stood the test oftime and is still cool as fucking Hell

Also, unrelated, but at the time of the reveal, I was listening to The Hot Wind Blowing, and not sure if it'd fit or not, but I'll sure as Hell try listening to that when playing Lucario

Made the mistake of checking people's reactions.

Lot of angry people.

Lots of IT'S NOT MEWTWO/GENESECT/ZOROARK/GEN6POKEMON

Haven't seen one person happy about him.

I, for one, am happy he's back. He had a cool gimmick with the aura and was overall fun to play.

Reactions: SkullMan and Jutsei
If he doesn't mega evolve in his final smash this time someone is getting an aura sphere to the face.

I have no idea why I'm so fucking hyped for Lucario.
I barely used him in Brawl.
Maybe I appreciate him a lot more since he's still cool.
And because I actually dreaded the possibility of him getting cut.

The sheer amount of fantastic pokemon reps just kind of proves that we need that pokken thing to be real.
And I do mean need.

Edit: I should derail this thread more often.
Absolutely.

If he doesn't mega evolve in his final smash this time someone is getting an aura sphere to the face.
But lucario's Mevo looks stupid. He has stupid dreadlocks. :c

I have no idea why I'm so fucking hyped for Lucario.
I barely used him in Brawl.
Maybe I appreciate him a lot more since he's still cool.
And because I actually dreaded the possibility of him getting cut.

I'm not against it, but I had a friend who was ape-shit crazy for everything Lucario back when Brawl was still in development. So I guess I developed a resentment for everything jackal related... I'm just glad he wasn't a great character back then and hope he isn't broken now.

But lucario's Mevo looks stupid. He has stupid dreadlocks. :c

But without his megalution he's completely irrelevant to the modern day. In fact, with or without megas mewtwo is still more relevant nowadays than Lucario. If Lucario gets in over mewtwo again this'll be ridiculous.

But without his megalution he's completely irrelevant to the modern day. In fact, with or without megas mewtwo is still more relevant nowadays than Lucario. If Lucario gets in over mewtwo again this'll be ridiculous.
I agree. If he's still doing the Brawl FS then what the heck? But honestly, I think there's a little too many characters running around with simple transforming FS's. We need action, babes, adventure!

We need Lucario to summon Gary's bitches and have them parade over the competition!

I think this may be the first time we've got 2 veterans in 1 month.

Is that... Omg... Dude, guys I see Ridley.

Can't tell if serious...

Can't tell if serious...
(Of course I see Alonso, duh)

But you know what that means right? Ridley's clearly in the battle and Alonso's just taking over as the stage hazard.

Reactions: Jutsei and Crayolan
This made me laugh hysterically.

Like, the kind of laughter that makes even your closest friends worry for your mental stability. Like Light in the final ep of Death Note kind of laughter.

jyF7yUtIDJKtp.png

Am I the only person in this universe who doesn't give a rats ass whether or not Mewtwo returns (pun intended)? I mean i guess he's kinda cool...except not really

Sure i was excited to unlock him in Melee and there were a lot of things about him that were awesome, but that excitement ended about five seconds later when I realized he sucked as a character. And yes, I know that his standing in the Melee tiers has nothing to do with why people want him back. I suppose I just don't understand why no one has moved on and accepted that he wasn't included in Brawl.

I'm sure that he would make a good fit in Smash 4, and that he would be revamped quite a bit so that he wouldn't suck as much ass like he did in Melee. I'm just wondering why people are always so butt hurt over the fact that he's not in smash anymore, I really just don't understand why anyone cares...