• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'm so done with the Nintendo subreddit.

They're convinced the newcomer is Captain Falcon. They're convinced that he's a "newcomer" to Smash 4.

80k8lyf.png

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE

but people who are good use falcon punch all the time..

MAYBE IT'S NESS GUYS I HEARD THAT HE WAS REMOVED AND THIS WILL PROVE THEM WRONG GUYS

That was a quote from Sakurai. He said that Falcon Punch wasn't good for one on one as it was for free for all.

So he said he's making a version that's good for One on One. Obviously faster with less power.

nah man
FULLSCREEN
UNBLOCKABLE
UNDODGEABLE
SCREAMS OF THE DAMNED
RIPPLING MUSCLES
LOTS OF YELLING

That was a quote from Sakurai. He said that Falcon Punch wasn't good for one on one as it was for free for all.

So he said he's making a version that's good for One on One. Obviously faster with less power.

ehhh and samus is clearly high tier..

I will never believe the company line for any game unless it comes from Mike Z.

Reactions: Smilax
ehhh and samus is clearly high tier..

I will never believe the company line for any game unless it comes from Mike Z.

You must be really fun at parties.

Why so negative? Like, Samus being high tier is entirely opinion, but "we based the custom movesets off of balancing moves such as the Falcon Punch" is hardly an opinion. It's a fact.

Well him saying samus is the best in the game might be opinion but he is Sakarai..it was the opinion of the people who are actively playing and watching the game on the regular. While they might be balancing the falcon punch specifically..The samus proclamation wasn't pulled out of Sak's buttocks.

However all this is basically pointless because as the metagame changes and the game has time to breath new things will be found out on the regular about daily. Like any other fighting game ever.

Like Marvel 3 had all this hubbub about a system to prevent infinites and make the game playable by more casual minded players...by Nitsuma and the main designer of the game..And then Morigan and thc infinites happened. And then Sakarai went out of his way to make Brawl more casual friendly...yet completely glossed over the mechanic that is L- cancelling...and Medaknight.

Like I'm sure falcon punch will be about the same as it's always been when it's revealed...because tbh tourneys aren't going to use any of the custom features.

And I'm fairly fun at parties yeah.

Last edited:
tourneys would probably be a lot more fun if they used custom features
but heh
fun
what a story mark

They would totally be more fun. It's just a question of whatever the smash illuminati decide. And historically they've banned items..temp banned metaknight and then not..banned stages.

Maybe it will be like gems with sfxtekken where people decide that they are balanced over time.

yeah but will we get Heropon Assist Trophy that does everything
because Heropon does fucking everything

nah man we get a silver trophy that says it's no use and kills everyone on the stage with tk.

Really, I think the strongest hint is that the Xenoblade devs retweeted the link, and remember when the guys who made Punch-Out Wii who told everyone to watch the direct, then we got Little Mac?
But it could be a red herring, we don't know

But the sheer fact is we have both that, and Shulk's VA mentioning he was doing something he can't talk about

But it could be something else
Another interesting note is that Sakurai mentioned we're almost done with newcomers who have trailers.
Newcomers with TRAILERS.
There might be more Newcomers that sadly didn't get any trailers (as in, unlockable newcomers)

The Nintendo Logo as a playable character for Smash 4 please

whatever happened to pokken tho.

depends on what you consider copyrights.

lots of things have been copyrighted and never happened
they copyrighted every color under the sun for Pokemon
we could have gotten a Pokemon Purple
but we didn't
and PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR

I'm also pretty certain that even if Shulk isn't the announcement this Monday, he'll be in.
There's just so much evidence piled up, this isn't the first time the Xenoblade guys retweeted a Smash Bros thing, Shulk's VA confirmed he's doing work for something, and on top of that, two years ago Sakurai mysteriously retweeted a picture of the Monado.

And yet at the same time numerous other games including Marvel 3 were copyrighted weeks and months ahead of a reveal.

we could have gotten a Pokemon Purple
but we didn't
and PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR

This still bugs you since I told you they copyrighted it, doesn’t it? :D

I do feel like their is a definite reason for them copyrighting all those pokemon games that haven't happened...cause there is an entire micro industry of fake and fan pokemon games.

I do feel like their is a definite reason for them copyrighting all those pokemon games that haven't happened...cause there is an entire micro industry of fake and fan pokemon games.

I rather think they wanted to keep a few options open for third editions. I mean they copyrighted "Waterblue" after Firered & Leavegreen came out and "Grey" after Black & White. And yeah, Fakemons are a factor.

And yet they still make those fangames...

this is just what happens when you don't make a Pokemon Purple

Welcome to Skullheart. You must be new here.

I mean it is a nintendo affiliated property. Though it might not be the pokemon thread for sure. I'm sure Arkana doesn't care either way.

In terms of Smash idk. We might have a direct next month as well as the reveal next week. No idea on newcomers but logically one would think some would show up soon as we are missing a great deal.

Gematsu is looking more and more likely further angering people who don't like chorus men or leaks in general.

And as ever poor poor ridley fans.

Seriously though can we get back on topic for who that Newcomer might be?
Some gematsu guy that makes the internet mad.

what if Shulk's trailer ends with him slaying boss ridley

Heresy.

Also I'm pretty sure at this point Ridley will be unlockable and not get a trailer.
I think pretty much every villain in Smash Bros bar Dedede has been an unlockable character