• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

tumblr_n8o8zm8Deg1toqguko1_500.png

tumblr_n8o91cilDq1r4184no1_500.png

SMASH JO'S

Reactions: SanoBaron
That was good stuff. To everyone involved.

Did you guys not notice they changed "evo awards and announcements" set for after smash to "evo awards"? The "announcement" was probably whatever is being revealed tomorrow. Nintendo just moved it back to tomorrow cause y'know, Nintendo is kind of dumb when it comes to these things.

lol @ people expecting something today

maybe there is no announcement and he's just super excited about his own game

i think the announcement thing was not a nintendo one since there's still an anouncment from harada, which is what they prolly had for the announcment before.

i think the announcement thing was not a nintendo one since there's still an anouncment from harada, which is what they prolly had for the announcment before.
Or it could just be scheduling stuff, they might've confused some stuff.
Originally there was an annoucement after UMVC 3.

Scheduling problems seems to be the theme of this year's EVO. Skullgirls, P4A, announcements...

or it could have jsut been reggie

Remember how I said how strongly I think a certain character is tomarrow based off of Gematsu..well this happened.

Salromano posted,

I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)

That is all.

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-c...#post-17056627

Well fuck. I mean, I expected Shulk, and even if the leaks never existed I'd be speculating Shulk, but that just removes all the mystery from things. At least let us guess which of the 3 we're getting tomorrow!

MONADO MONDAY
SHULKAMANIA RUNNING WILD DOWN

HE'S DOING THE 5X CHAIN ATTACK MONADO BUSTER THIS IS THE MOST ILLEGAL MOVE I'VE EVER SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Reactions: TechPowah
At the very least the chorus men debates were getting annoying...gematsu debates in general too.

I did post the thing in spoilers for a reason..

There's a countdown going on at the Smash Bros website for the new fighter reveal. Will be about nine and a half hours before it completely winds down.

Smash lingo and sayings.

No johns no excuses.

That ain't falco is a popular smash meme revolving around the infamous wombo combo..where a player was using fox and not falco.
It wasn't just any player, it was Zhu, the guy that has 4 combo videos dedicated to his Falco combo ability, aptly named "Happy Feet". I also used to do casuals with him on brawl (Melee was definitely his forte hehe...)

The more you know.

Personally, I don't think this personal leak is the gospel.
It's just taking an EXTREMELY safe bet because of the retweet.
While I agree, it was obvious that they'd do something like this anyways.

Really, even if it is Shulk, there's no way it wouldn't be him between the Gematsu Triforce (I still think it's fake, though.) It can't be Chrom because we just got Ike before E3, and they probably would want to save the Glee Club as the last newcomer to give their reveal a shot of WTF for people who aren't already aware of the "leak". From that, I'm assuming that if it's someone that wasn't leaked, it's Shulk.

That's actually pretty cool how it's an original model provided by Ubisoft
it looks great too.

That's actually pretty cool how it's an original model provided by Ubisoft
it looks great too.
Indeed. I doubt he's getting revealed today(I'd be semi-cool with it, though), but this was indeed pretty cool.

Rayman Trophy?
Sakurai hitting us hard again.
This is pretty radical though.

Pretty sure he's not a newcomer though.
But if he IS a newcomer.
Gematsu leak is getting BLOWN THE FUCK UP

Why's Ubisoft getting in on this? I thought the only people working with Nintendo on Smash were Namdai.

wrcgr.gif

Perhaps the prophesy is nigh
super_captain_n_by_general_radix-300x238.jpg

Nah can't be . . .

Reactions: Lavama
TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN DREAM IS REVIVED

no, it's not

Reactions: Smilax
Just now thought to come here with this, but was anyone else rooting for HungryBox? I swear I went into cardiac arrest during those last two matches.

Reactions: FullmetalDuck
A Rayman trophy? This better not mean anything about the upcoming character reveal. I don't think my heart could take something that random. If a Rayman or even worse, a Rabbid ends up playable in smash, I'll probably go into shock. I'd take Chorus Men over this possibility any day of the year.

Last edited:
WHAT? Rayman trophy? As in a Third Party character?! Damn, we can officially not predict the limits on trophies for this game.

It's sad because Rayman would be way more amazing than this Shulk guy I've never really heard of.

No what's really sad is that you've clearly never played Xenoblade Chronicles. You are missing out on one of the best RPGs to come out in the last generation.

This is gonna make or break the leak.

No that'll be reserved for the oddball of the group, the Chorus Men. Shulk was a common request from people even as early as 2011, before Sakurai started work on the game. And given how successful Xenoblade was and how Nintendo keeps pimping out Xenoblade X in Nintendo Directs and other streaming events, it should be no surprise that he'd be considered for Smash.

Same deal with Chrom really. I don't recall anyone asking for the Chorus Men once in their lives.