• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Ohhellnaw. Daisy is the best option because that's why. But seriously, Rosalina is gonna be so fun to play as if she's in the 3DS version (presuming that the roster will be smaller).
She's pretty decisively in the 3DS version. Look at the last pic of her on her page of the Smash Bros. website.

Fuck Daisy.
I usually don't say that but fuck her.
I really would keep her as an alternate costume.
I mean she's got sports and mario party stuff.
But you know who else can do that, is connected to someone, and is charming?
Waluigi.
Fuck Waluigi! He hasn't even bothered to appear in a mainstream mario game yet! Waluigi's a character that was made because "we have wario, might as well!" And that's pretty much the reason people want him in smash! Because "Might as well!"
And on that note, fuck daisy too! She's literally an annoying sounding princess peach with a palette swap, if that's how she's represented in her own games why the hell does she deserve her own character?!
Seriously! Fuck Daisy! Fuck Waluigi! We already have peach, she's pretty much a rep from the sports games, we don't need another one! This isn't mario fighter with some other nintendo cameos, it's fucking smash bros, let's try to keep it that way! You people will scrape the bottom of the barrel for mario reps when we already have TOO MANY!
FUCK FUCK SHIT GODDAMMIT FUCK SHIT. OKAY?
Damn you waluigi people for making me so pissed. You guys are the reason that I'm so accepting of Rosalina. Because I see someone stupid like Waluigi getting actual supporters and I remember how terrible some of the potential newcomers are, so when I'm just kind of okay with a newcomer it's a victory.
Okay, angry rant over. I need a glass of water.

Last edited:
2009-04-01-151-WitF.jpg

:P

Reactions: Jutsei
Y'all forgetting the character most deserving of a spot.
Mike Jones from Startropics.

Reactions: YoYoCheese and DDB
why is he even trying to grab luma that's dumb
hit it with a tree villager

Y'all forgetting the character most deserving of a spot.
Mike Jones from Startropics.
Mike Jones tips on all fours!
Mike:"Back then they didnt want me..."

More like stolen from me.
Sorry didn't see wow this is awkward like going to prom and wearing the same dress as that bitchy girl who you always fought with and the whole school agreed was a bitch even Tina Fey who was a teacher until she got run over by a bus

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
Fuck Waluigi! He hasn't even bothered to appear in a mainstream mario game yet! Waluigi's a character that was made because "we have wario, might as well!" And that's pretty much the reason people want him in smash! Because "Might as well!"
And on that note, fuck daisy too! She's literally an annoying sounding princess peach with a palette swap, if that's how she's represented in her own games why the hell does she deserve her own character?!
Seriously! Fuck Daisy! Fuck Waluigi! We already have peach, she's pretty much a rep from the sports games, we don't need another one! This isn't mario fighter with some other nintendo cameos, it's fucking smash bros, let's try to keep it that way! You people will scrape the bottom of the barrel for mario reps when we already have TOO MANY!
FUCK FUCK SHIT GODDAMMIT FUCK SHIT. OKAY?
Damn you waluigi people for making me so pissed. You guys are the reason that I'm so accepting of Rosalina. Because I see someone stupid like Waluigi getting actual supporters and I remember how terrible some of the potential newcomers are, so when I'm just kind of okay with a newcomer it's a victory.
Okay, angry rant over. I need a glass of water.
Your anger for Waluigi is the equivalent of my anger for Ridley. In terms of severity at least. Not because we have the same arguments about the character. Welcome to fandoms! Where people make terrible game design choices and expect them to be in the game "because I want them to".

Reactions: Φ
Lmao @ people getting mad over people wanting characters in. People want what they want. Canonically having powers or abilities doesn't stop people from being in a fighting game (Villager, um hello?). Be respectful of people's tastes and if you disagree that's fine. Trust me, you aren't getting more points for writing a damn short book about why you don't think the character that you don't personally care for couldn't "possibly" get it.

Keep it classy, people.

Lmao @ people getting mad over people wanting characters in. People want what they want. Canonically having powers or abilities doesn't stop people from being in a fighting game (Villager, um hello?). Be respectful of people's tastes and if you disagree that's fine. Trust me, you aren't getting more points for writing a damn short book about why you don't think the character that you don't personally care for couldn't "possibly" get it.

Keep it classy, people.
rmRrLcr.gif

Keep it classy, people.

dbVZQ.gif

all around me are familiar faces
worn out places
worn out faces

Bright and early for the daily race
going nowhere
going nowhere

Luma come from the stars, become the stars, and return to the stars

such is way of the universe

Even the emo "of the stars" princesses are getting a place in the fighting games and Annie isn't

DDB must be crying about it

Luma come from the stars, become the stars, and return to the stars

such is way of the universe
Truly, Luma is the real hero of smash bros.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, Luma!

Rosalina, Emo?
Da fuck you smoking?
She's chipper in the party games but can be stoic as fuck.
Backstory. 'Nuff said.

because a depressing backstory = a depressed and whiny character

that logic sparkles brighter than the stars

Rosalina acts all that way because she basically is the only ruler who takes her job as a princess seriously

DDB must be crying about it
Don't talk that way about my Woman of the Stars

Reactions: Rellek
I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't call her a Queen is because kids do the thing where princesses are good and queens are bad

also if Rosalina's N.B is summon Luma then what does that mean for kirby

does he get lumas too

Backstory. 'Nuff said.
So a sad backstory makes her a member of a dated sub-culture that wears black clothes and heavy eyeliner, listens to evanescence music, and idolizes being sadomasochistic?

So a sad backstory makes her a member of a dated sub-culture that wears black clothes and heavy eyeliner, listens to evanescence music, and idolizes being sadomasochistic?
No, but it makes her easy to imagine as being such.

so what about kirby eating rosalina

if summoning a luma is her neutral b what does that mean for kirby

Probably similar to Olimar-it does a thing and immediately becomes a star.

I don't think Luma summoning will be her neutral B. I think it'll be her item-dragging projectile-redirecting thing.

I don't think Luma summoning will be her neutral B. I think it'll be her item-dragging projectile-redirecting thing.
Same here. One of the two since I believe they're two different moves. One makes her the center of a gravitational field that draws objects to her and the other makes things orbit her (orbit path may vary depending on the objects weight, speed, and original trajectory).

Same here. One of the two since I believe they're two different moves. One makes her the center of a gravitational field that draws objects to her and the other makes things orbit her (orbit path may vary depending on the objects weight, speed, and original trajectory).
I think that the move seems more like a down-B to me, as most counter moves and unique mechanic specials are that input (with the obvious exception of Zelda's neutral-B).

Luma Summon seems like a fairly important move for her playstyle, so it would make sense to have it as a neutral-B. If that were the case, I would assume that, as a copy move, Kirby would summon it, and it would do one attack before going away.

I think that the move seems more like a down-B to me, as most counter moves and unique mechanic specials are that input (with the obvious exception of Zelda's neutral-B).

Luma Summon seems like a fairly important move for her playstyle, so it would make sense to have it as a neutral-B. If that were the case, I would assume that, as a copy move, Kirby would summon it, and it would do one attack before going away.

I was thinking along the same lines but came to a different conclusion. Neutral b's tend to be more often used while down b's tend to be more situational and less frequently used,except in a few cases. I dont just dont see her constantly summoning/changing Lumas unless she's not being played well. So far I'm thinking

Neutral: Gravity/Orbit
Down: Summon or change luma(tap)/reposition Luma(hold or input direction)
Side: Orbit/Gravity
Up: Launch star

or

Neutral: Gravity(tap)/ Orbit(hold)
Down: Summon or change luma(tap)/reposition Luma(hold or input direction)
Side: Luma special (changes based on luma color)

If I recall, the old Brawl dojo said that the Down-B did moves that were unusual. I feel that both of these moves are unusual, so I'm not sure about which one will be which. Though, if I follow my gut, I think the Luma summon will be a Down-B with some invincibility, like Zelda/Sheik.

I was thinking along the same lines but came to a differenc conclusion. Neutral b's tend to be more often used while down b's tend to be more situational and less frequently used,except in a few cases. I dont just dont see her constantly summoning/changing Lumas unless she's not being played well. So far I'm thinking

Neutral: Gravity/Orbit
Down: Summon/reposition Luma
Side: Orbit/Gravity

or

Neutral: Gravity(tap)/ Orbit(hold)
Down: Summon/reposition Luma
Side: Luma special (changes based on luma color)
As you mentioned in your hypothetical moveset, though, once the Luma is out, the same input will likely be used for repositioning it, something that will probably be really important for a Puppeteer/Controller.

In the trailer, she crouches for just a second before she uses it. While it confirms nothing, it sure makes it seem like her Down-B.

Yeah, I saw that and was gonna come here and post it, but I'm more inclined to say that the gravity well is a down-b instead of the neutral-b.