• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

except that cartoons are usually finished way before they're aired so it most likely made the cut before the ruling.

@Ninja that second image makes me think of Boris from rocky and bullwinkle for some reason.
MOOSE AND SQUIRREL!
does it not make me old if I told you I had a VHS of Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid? cause I'm like only 20...

tumblr_nrhy6hQwoH1r3f7q1o1_540.png

TIME FOR DAY 2

Pros:
R U B Y
S A P P H I R E

Ruby and Sapphire
Ruby's undying rage
Sapphire's eternal chill
" I ' M A N E T E R N A L F L A M E , B A B Y "
Laughy Sapphy
Greg didn't get murdered
Pearl trying to redeem her entire character
Amethyst being there for her
Garnet still not immediately forgiving her

Cons:
Necking

I'm Ruby

Last edited:
TIME FOR DAY 2

Pros:
R U B Y
S A P P H I R E

Ruby and Sapphire
Ruby's undying rage
Sapphire's eternal chill
" I ' M A N E T E R N A L F L A M E , B A B Y "
Laughy Sapphy
Greg didn't get murdered
Pearl trying to redeem her entire character
Amethyst being there for her
Garnet still not immediately forgiving her

Cons:
Necking

I'm Ruby
Let me correct that for you
Pros:
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS

Cons:
None

Let me correct that for you
Pros:
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS
LESBIANS

Cons:
None
gobble my glutes

Vidalia marrying yellowtail is confirmed. Onion is such a fun character. He just causes mayhem for fun.

day three coming up

Pros:
Onion Theory deconfirmed
Vidalia confirmed for decent mom
Amethyst and Vidalia friendship is sweet, call it anything more and I'm punching someone in the house
Onion is not a hellspawn just a fucking weirdo
weird steven/onion friendship moment

Cons:
Sour Cream didn't speak (I miss you Brian Posehn)
my nightmares will be especially bad tonight

I think one of them is that he's a gem.

Last edited:
One theory was that he was Yellow Diamond. Now we've seen a sneak peek of Yellow Diamond (and the whole thing about Onion having a videotape of himself being born), I think that's been pretty much disproven.

Current Vidalia is a lot cooler than I anticipated. Like, I think she's tied with Connie for my favorite human. She just needs to keep that shotgun faaar out of Onion's reach.

Also, I liked the waitress in Keystone Motel. She was cute. Why does no one talk about her?

Basically...take that!
I really liked the jokes and the message:Characters without any flaws can be flat and flaws can give more characterization. It really felt like they did this in response to people that didn't like the character flaws I feel like they also did this to remind us that Pearl is prone to faults, but that doesn't make her bad.

I'm pretty sure the message was "Vote for Mayor Dewey."

But seriously, we got a bit of background lore in this episode! That was pretty surprising. So Beach City came to be when the Crystal Gems helped Dewey com to America. I guess this would also explain that colonial period gem picture with Garnet punching a shark.

Reactions: Triblue
I still hold that that colonial picture was actually Greg's idea and he got a friend to paint it
Garnet did mention they needed the shark to pose after all

Is it sadistic to say I love when Pearl breaks down or fucks up?

I mean when I pick a favorite character I want shit to happen to them, and having Pearl do what she did, well as fucked up as it is, I couldn't be happier.

DEVELOP FOR ME BABY. FLESH IT OUT HONEY CHILD

I'm glad that Pearl stopped feeling sorry for herself long enough to help Steven and support him in his play. She was great in this episode.

I'm glad that Pearl stopped feeling sorry for herself long enough to help Steven and support him in his play. She was great in this episode.
she was like my mum when I was 6 playing the role as one of the munchkins that actually got to say the useful line "Follow the *Fucking* Yellow Brick Road."

My mom was proud of me, so then after that grade school play i never acted again... except for improv comedy clubs in college.

Wow, Periodot is really good at running away.

Peridot made this episode hilarious. It also shows how when you betray someone, it is a slow rebuilding of trust. Also, did you hear what Pearl called herself? She called herself a Pearl

You guys didn't SERIOUSLY think that there was only one of each kind of gem, right? Seriously, look at the Kindergarten! I dont even think that many unique stones exist :P

But now it's confirmed and people can't say otherwise.

When Peridot shot off her foot, I was like, "wtf, fuckin' srsly???" and Garnet, taking her time to get a few words in. "JUST REEL HER IN ALREADY!!"

Reactions: SkullMan