• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Soooooo...you know the only thing they know how to do is play games right?
Hintity hint hint.

:D

Reactions: Denizen
You're so right, they're going to play Skullgirls!
I didn't notice until I watched it again, Matt was using the Hamburger Phone. These men are masters of comedy.

this is my favorite thread on skullheart.

Hintity hint hint.

:D
Skullgirls Scrublords?

Then this would truly be a magical Christmas.

So, I know that I asked this already, but what was Matt, Pat and Woolie's final thoughts about Beyond Two Souls?

I think their final verdict was something like: "a really nice looking, poorly written, shit of a game". But I'm just paraphrasing.

I think their final verdict was something like: "a really nice looking, poorly written, shit of a game". But I'm just paraphrasing.

Oh.

Then my prediction that they would totally fail to pay attention/give it a chance was correct.

Then my prediction that they would totally fail to pay attention/give it a chance was correct.
I didn't watch the play through. Regardless don't you think there's a chance that they did give the game a chance, but didn't like it anyway?
BEYOND: Two Souls is not an objectively good game, it's all a matter of opinion. You can't just say "Oh you didn't like it? You must have not been paying attention/given it a chance."

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent York
I didn't watch the play through. Regardless don't you think there's a chance that they did give the game a chance, but didn't like it anyway?
BEYOND: Two Souls is not an objectively good game, it's all a matter of opinion. You can't just say "Oh you didn't like it? You must have not been paying attention/given it a chance."
I did watch the playthrough. (Not all of it.) Most of it was them completly ignoring interactions that were important to the plot, them constantly talking about how cool the game would be if something that they personally wanted to happen happened, them never shutting up about David Cage, them completly ignoring dialouge, them complaining about how "confusing" the story was because it was out of order (even though there is a timeline that tells you when the events happen.) Pat blaming the game for his own failures (which led to a DSP reference, which wad horrible when you consider how much better he was at Beyond then they were. Heck, his whole playthrough was better then TBFP's.) Woolie fumbling around as Aiden, Pat and Matt crying racist for dumb reasons, and their really annoying nitpicking (they complained about a guy that was sitting on a bench in the background, for Pete's sake.) and them just taking a dump on the game before they even started playing it.

So, I think it's fair to say that they didn't give it a chance.

So, I think it's fair to say that they didn't give it a chance.
I think that playing a game is giving it enough of a chance. Remember what I said though, regardless of whether they gave it a chance or not, people are allowed to not like the game.

What if I played the game seriously with the intention of liking it, and still hated it? What would you say then?
You can't say anything because the game is not objectively good, which is the vibe that you're giving off.

Reactions: Agent York
So, they're playing I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Pat and Woolie take two
I like the part that they have up.

Whens the next one?

They literally just started.
I'm curious to see if they get the bad ending or the good ending.
The awesome thing about the bad ending is it's literally the ending to the Book.

Oh my God! I really love "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream". I'm surprised they didn't cover that game during the Shitstorm of Scariness.

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
I haven't given it a look yet but I think it's a Pat and Woolie only video? Their first video warranted a public apology to the masses.

Needless to say, massive success.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Super Best Friends Play Christmas Games!

It's not a Christmas Storm, but it will do.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Clementine officially the greatest child character in anything ever.
Sorry Nanako.

today's podcast letter time has things i can SOOOOOO relate to:

- picking fighting game mains based on looks then working around that for style.
- that one time in everyone's life when you say "damn anime sucks!" for five years
- GUNDAM SEED RANT
- pat warns everyone about Sword Art Online!

any conversation about gundam seed should be a rant. bigger piece of shit than tenchi gxp.

Also, I fucking hate it when people kill off a dog or a baby in order to have an emotional response. there are other ways to get an emotional response from a pet other than killing it. >:T Last of Us did it best.

Also, I fucking hate it when people kill off a dog or a baby in order to have an emotional response. there are other ways to get an emotional response from a pet other than killing it. >:T Last of Us did it best.
I'm sorry, but can you jog my memory on what you're describing? Was it the horses? Cause for the life of me I cannot remember what happened to the horses, or their being any sort of animal or anything that had something sad happen to it in TLoU. Just drawing a huge blank right now, hate it when that happens. Or were you talking about a human character?

I hate it when writers kill off dogs incorrectly.
If a specific animal must die in a story, it shouldn't be just a shortcut to eliciting an emotional response.
An animal companion is a character just like any other human, therefore their death should be treated as such.
I am Legend did it perfectly.
I'm sorry, but can you jog my memory on what you're describing? Was it the horses?
He's talking about how The Last Of Us was able to tell an emotionally powerful story without having to to go the easy route by killing a dog or a baby. Speaking of babies, they're a weird subject in storytelling. They can't really have a character so they're always a MacGuffin.

He's talking about how The Last Of Us was able to tell an emotionally powerful story without having to to go the easy route by killing a dog or a baby.
Ah sorry, I was reading too into it and thought he was talking about how TLoU did a scene like that right, not that it succeeded because it didn't stoop that low lol

edit:
If a specific animal must die in a story, it shouldn't be just a shortcut to eliciting an emotional response.
An animal companion is a character just like any other human, therefore their death should be treated as such.
Thinking of dog deaths treated as the loss of a character made my mind turn to Iggy (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), and now I'm sad. Goddamn that glorious Boston Terrier.

Last edited:
I'm mostly hating on the walking dead. I just feel it pulls too many of the feels stunts to keep its readers interested. the baby is what put the nail in the coffin for my distaste of the series. Also, theres like, 4 dogs (and a set of dogs) that bite the dust due to zombies in the walking dead universe.

I am Legend did it perfectly.

He's talking about how The Last Of Us was able to tell an emotionally powerful story without having to to go the easy route by killing a dog or a baby. Speaking of babies, they're a weird subject in storytelling. They can't really have a character so they're always a MacGuffin.
I do agree. the Last of Us really made me feel for everything in the game so much better than the walking dead. it also didnt go the walking dead route of "nice guys always die or are gonna be bad" because lets face it, Tommy was the shit. Tommy is best uncle.

and I will say, I never felt more for a child and dog than the note in that one level of the Last of Us did. not gonna say, because I don't want to spoil it.

and the game does have an animal death, and its handled super well.

I don't read The Walking Dead comics because I hear that they're awful in comparison to the TV series which is fucking amazing, I dare anyone to say otherwise. As for the Video Game, I haven't played it but it looks great from what I've seen when Matt and Pat played it.

Also are you talking about Buckley Sano? He's the only dog I remember and he literally did nothing.

OOOOOHHHHH WAIT I REMEMBER.

I know what you're talking about Sano.
Yeah that level was full of childlike wonder. ;_;

Also are you talking about Buckley Sano? He's the only dog I remember and he literally did nothing.
fun fact about Buckley though, thats the name of Troy Baker's dog who sadly passed away during the game's production. I really wanna see some kind of video of Troy recording that line.

I daresay; I do NOT like the Walking Dead TV series.
It became less about the zambies and became an opera. First season was cool. 2nd was eh. Did not even bother with 3rd.

But the game is so good to watch. It's not so much as drama as "Fuck you I'm doing this because I need to protect this one child". On top of that the zombies were still a threat the entire way through. TV show is all over the place for me to care. Zombies seem like an inconvenience if anything by now.

But the game is so good to watch. It's not so much as drama as "Fuck you I'm doing this because I need to protect this one child". On top of that the zombies were still a threat the entire way through. TV show is all over the place for me to care. Zombies seem like an inconvenience if anything by now.
from what I've seen in the most recent playthrough.... the zombies are an annoyance in season 2. unless they cut out all the parts where the zombies were super relevant, but I doubt it.

also, why do people want clementine to be more malicious?

I don't read The Walking Dead comics because I hear that they're awful in comparison to the TV series which is fucking amazing, I dare anyone to say otherwise. As for the Video Game, I haven't played it but it looks great from what I've seen when Matt and Pat played it.

I read the comics.

I need to catch up on the show, but the comics are amazing.

I daresay; I do NOT like the Walking Dead TV series.
It became less about the zambies and became an opera. First season was cool. 2nd was eh. Did not even bother with 3rd.

Well, the whole point of the walking dead is that the people are the walking dead, and the zombies are a constant reminder that we will die.

Also, I'm pretty sure someone that worked in the walking dead said that the focus is the people, so...

Reactions: Denizen
I'm mostly hating on the walking dead. I just feel it pulls too many of the feels stunts to keep its readers interested. the baby is what put the nail in the coffin for my distaste of the series. Also, theres like, 4 dogs (and a set of dogs) that bite the dust due to zombies in the walking dead universe.

I do agree. the Last of Us really made me feel for everything in the game so much better than the walking dead. it also didnt go the walking dead route of "nice guys always die or are gonna be bad" because lets face it, Tommy was the shit. Tommy is best uncle.

and I will say, I never felt more for a child and dog than the note in that one level of the Last of Us did. not gonna say, because I don't want to spoil it.

and the game does have an animal death, and its handled super well.
Wait, are you talking about the comics, the game, or the show?