• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I just watched The Shitstorm 2 Finale where Matt & Pat played Resident Evil: Code Veronica and they mentioned a "Christmas Storm" at 00:31:30. Were they being serious or was it just a joke?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaInWv0Ifg

It was suppose to happen, but they said there weren't enough Christmas themed games to fill the month out.

So,
Did anyone see beyond 2 souls part 3?
I actually haven't started the Beyond: Two Souls LP yet. As Matt would say, there's no time.
Seriously though, these guys regularly pump out so much content that it's hard for me to keep up.

and so we return to shadow the hedgehog to end it

and what an ending it was

I think if Pat had been present during that ending, the combined might of their laughter would have caused some sort of apocalyptic event from the sudden explosion of epic laughter. Truly, that ending will go down in the history books... or at least the TBF wiki.

Introducing the Mascot of The Best Friends Zaibatsu, Zach! Abandoned by his original owner to a life on the streets Zach has suffered from a broken canine, heart murmurs, and declawing. Yet he still found his way to internet fame and a comfortable life with a responsible person. Truly a badass cat.

Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
The fact that Zach has white fur makes it perfect.

Zach the Hype Cat for Ms. Fortune should be Matt's IGG contributor color for Skullgirls

meow meow meow

I just saw the Beyond two souls playthrough part 4, and it was horrible.

More "Too confusing!" bullcrap.

They also claimed that "Gee, Jodie being bored breaks immersion" (which was the point of that scene), that ghosts breaking out of the spirit world was "forced schlock" (which was a stupid claim), that the ghost "fart gas" makes it difficult to take the game seriously (which was stupid as well.) and that the dead body was an "attempt at a jump scare" (which it wasn't)

So, basically, I've pretty much given up on this playthrough. They clearly didn't give it a chance, and are letting their hatred for David Cage get in the way of the playthrough.

I just saw the Beyond two souls playthrough part 4, and it was horrible.

More "Too confusing!" bullcrap.

They also claimed that "Gee, Jodie being bored breaks immersion" (which was the point of that scene), that ghosts breaking out of the spirit world was "forced schlock" (which was a stupid claim), that the ghost "fart gas" makes it difficult to take the game seriously (which was stupid as well.) and that the dead body was an "attempt at a jump scare" (which it wasn't)

So, basically, I've pretty much given up on this playthrough. They clearly didn't give it a chance, and are letting their hatred for David Cage get in the way of the playthrough.
Yeah, that's pretty much my impression as well.
They try really hard to make it look worse than it actually is and I can't say I enjoy that.

It still has some pretty good jokes. I've already seen all of BEYOND through the eyes of a non-jaded gamer, and I still enjoy it.
So it's not like the Super Best Friends can break the impression I got fromt he initial viewing.
Though I am glad I watched Jesse Cox's playthrough of it first, he enjoyed it a lot and it was a fun ride.
Made me wanna get the game.

It still has some pretty good jokes. I've already seen all of BEYOND through the eyes of a non-jaded gamer, and I still enjoy it.
So it's not like the Super Best Friends can break the impression I got fromt he initial viewing.
Though I am glad I watched Jesse Cox's playthrough of it first, he enjoyed it a lot and it was a fun ride.
Made me wanna get the game.
yeah but for some people it IS their first playthrough. and this form of lets play does come off as a bit backhanded. I know thats not the best friends intentions, but you cant deny it gives off that feeling of "we wont give this game a chance"

Some of those QTEs do seem a bit confusing in what they want the player to do.

It definitely does seem they're letting their David Cage hate bleed through.
Which is really odd because I've heard a lot of people enjoy the story of BEYOND even for a David Cage game

I saw a review of beyond two souls where they talked about going back to different scenes and literally doing none of the QTEs and nothing changing compared to trying it.

I saw a review of beyond two souls where they talked about going back to different scenes and literally doing none of the QTEs and nothing changing compared to trying it.
You can't die in the game, that's why.
No matter what, since it's In media Ras, Jodie always makes it to the end.
The only time you can "lose" is at the ass end of the game.

I dont mind not dying in the game. so long as it doesn't become the go to medium for games, I'm alright.

The bts playthrough is basically just showing us who likes the game and who doesn't care. I watched all of jesse cox's play through and I can say that I independantly dislike it for many of the same reasons, every part of the game that is game-like is pretty bad and every part of the game that is a movie (other than some of the voice acting (even then the childrens' dialogue was so shit)) is bad because the models can't express emotions.

This doesn't mean that there aren't some interesting scenes or plot points, of which they have actually mentioned, but the amount of badness is too great. In fact, they glossed over a few things I thought they would really rip into.

Reactions: Agent York
today's video is VOLGARRRRR!

since adult swim is the publisher, they should totally commission an expansion of this starring Korgoth.

They're covering the "Homeless" Chapter now.
People of Skullheart, just trust me.
Do not let their inevitable opinion of this chapter convince you.
It is bar none probably the best chapter of the game and is really moving.

Some pretty good jokes already though

Two Best Friends Play Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures

It was well worth the wait.​

They're covering the "Homeless" Chapter now.
People of Skullheart, just trust me.
Do not let their inevitable opinion of this chapter convince you.
It is bar none probably the best chapter of the game and is really moving.

Some pretty good jokes already though
Oh god, what did they say?

Better than I expected actually.
It's still the best chapter in the game but they've been oddly quiet about it
I think they mentioned it in the podcast today.

Also in the podcast, Pat wishing that more games had "last minute changes by rogue programmers" is a funny idea since that is the ACTUAL REASON why Halo 1 has its infamous super powerful magnum.

And Pat's theory fighter thoughts on fighting game systems is really interesting/hilarious depending on how you think about it.

Well, I just saw the latest part of their B2S playthrough.

They missed a crapton of story elements.

I think we should all consider that this isn't just one person playing a game, it's several. We all know that these guys are way more inclined to bash on things when they have each other to bounce off of, especially when Woolie is there. Doubly so since they have a bad history with David Cage games.

Really all I'm saying is cut them some slack, they're not required to like this game, and they probably have very good reasons not to that they aren't covering in the confines of the play through.

Last edited:
No No I'mn still enjoying the playthrough and the jokes, it's just kinda weird to see them mess up in ways.

Also for those curious
If Jodie doesn't get knocked out by Debris, she basically jumps out, gets Aiden Shielded and gets cheere don.
Then the punks from before knock her out with a bat.
It's revealed they set the building on fire out of hatred at being beaten by her

"The ILLUSION of choice"
But I honestly like it when people shit on a game, because when they complement the game(which they've been doing and people seem to be conveniently ignoring) it means that it's genuinely good. I watch No Punctuation because Yahtzee hates everything equally, so when he compliments something you know it's worth taking a look at.
Also you can't really blame them for not paying attention when there's not much GAME going on there, cutscenes can only hold someone's attention for so long. But this is just my opinion, I'd probably "make the bad game" so to speak.

today's got a special best friends!
it's DRAGON'S CROWN!

truly its the most/least quotable episode ever.

I would have bought that game if it wasn't for those damned Japanese!

I was listening to Super Best Friendcast #6 and during letter time the Zaibatsu revealed their birthdays.
I was super surprised to hear that me and Pat share the same birthday, April 22nd. He even introduced it the same way I do, by pointing out that it's Earth Day. It's those little things that brighten up my day.
tumblr_mj78ouiP991s6vufto1_400.gif

New BEYOND today.
They finish up the Navajo Chapter.
No worries guys, that's the longest chapter in the game over with.
After that it gets better and more coheisve.

Also, if you're curious
You can have Jodie go into Paul's room to heal him, which will save his life and prevent him from dying, but the Best Friends were in a hurry so I don't blame them for forgetting Jodie's healing powers

Also, if you're curious
You can have Jodie go into Paul's room to heal him, which will save his life and prevent him from dying, but the Best Friends were in a hurry so I don't blame them for forgetting Jodie's healing powers
There's just no time.
In all seriousness I feel really left behind in the fandom since I'm missing so many play throughs.
Here is a list of what I have yet to watch.

Beyond: Two Souls, Killer is Dead, Deadly Premonition, Indigo Prophecy, Viewtiful Joe, No More Heroes 2, PREDATOR Concrete Jungle, Holy Shit There's Way More Than I Expected, Chrono Trigger, Eternal Darkness, Way of the Samurai 4, Heavy Rain, Final Fight Streetwise, Man vs. Wild, and Resident Evil 2.

How did I watch Downcoming and not Resident Evil 2?