• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there'll be some Actor Allusion where Ms. Fortune greets him in a pleasant way instead of a feared way. Maybe a mix of both.

Reactions: Shooon and Denizen
Hahaha that looks like a Furry OC. No offense.

Wolves=Cool
Dragons=Cool
Wolves+Dragons=Meh

LOL none taken. (surprisingly haven't caught any flak for my avatar either)

I'd like that I think. More specific character match up intros. Like Blazblue possibly? Cause they got tons, and some are hilarious.

Pack Announcement Time!
I have finally gotten around to posting my Original Character in the "Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread"
I put a lot of thought into this since I lack any artistic talent so be prepared for a lot of reading.
Click on the link below for the OC Post and tell me what you think.

Denizen's Skullgirls OC Wiglaf

I'm not good at reading big walls of text, but what I've got is that Wiglaf is a human-like Feral. I'd really want to see a male human-like Feral.
Too be honest my version of Wiglaf, Piglav and his brothers, have much less backstory than yours.

Reactions: Denizen
I'm not good at reading big walls of text, but what I've got is that Wiglaf is a human-like Feral. I'd really want to see a male human-like Feral.
Too be honest my version of Wiglaf, Piglav and his brothers, have much less backstory than yours.
Yeah I went a little overboard with the backstory, but I wanted to make up for the lack of visuals and the writer in me just took over. Also same here, I feel like we never get to see male Ferals like Ms. Fortune.
But seriously Kuzla I really like how you use the three little pigs in your Beowulf head-canon. I really want both of our ideas to exist.

so, does anyone think there are other wrestler beo fought besides grendel?

Well, he would hardly make a wrestling career with just one opponent.

Well, he would hardly make a wrestling career with just one opponent.
I actually did make a thread about the Canopy Wrestling Federation but it kinda died out.

Pack Announcement Time!
I have finally gotten around to posting my Original Character in the "Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread"
I put a lot of thought into this since I lack any artistic talent so be prepared for a lot of reading.
Click on the link below for the OC Post and tell me what you think.

Denizen's Skullgirls OC Wiglaf
Wait, if you claimed that Beowulf would be killed by the dragon like 50 years after the events in Skullgirls, that would make your Wiglaf OC way way way too young... Skullgirls would take place like 20-30 years before he was born if they followed that timeline.
Clearly your OC is evidence that Beowulf will die in his story mode.

Wait, if you claimed that Beowulf would be killed by the dragon like 50 years after the events in Skullgirls, that would make your Wiglaf OC way way way too young... Skullgirls would take place like 20-30 years before he was born if they followed that timeline.
Clearly your OC is evidence that Beowulf will die in his story mode.
Neither I nor Alex Ahad is following the Epic Poem word for word. I wanted my Wiglaf to be a young adult sidekick to Beowulf, like Batman and Robin, that's all.

I'm a little confused by what you're saying though, are you saying that my Wiglaf should be born 20-30 years after the events of Skullgirls to match the age of the Original Wiglaf in relation to the age of the Original Beowulf?

I don't know how old the Original Wiglaf was when the Original Beowulf died and I don't care. OC Wiglaf is a completely different character, as is SG Beowulf. I still believe that Alex won't kill him off so early if at all, and my OC is not any evidence that he will.
Or at least I'm hoping that he won't...

To all whom will read this:

I need Math Test Music! Please! Within the next hour AT LEAST!

And after, when I am done with everything, I'll check that out Denzien. Looks spiffy looking over it.

To all whom will read this:

I need Math Test Music! Please! Within the next hour AT LEAST!

And after, when I am done with everything, I'll check that out Denzien. Looks spiffy looking over it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tpMhl1W9-o (Jazz Music)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyx5kwoi0PE&list=PL5950CEE9F4991A89 (London Philharmonic Orchestra Video Game Music Part 1)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvS8qRqTYQs&list=PL9e0-I9ArbZDnhJCSZ0kMu_Mq-KDGK0fo (London Philharmonic Orchestra Video Game Music Part 2)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTUC0ZUMHNA&list=PL91C5559720E9AF55 (Random Video game Music Playlist)

I had forgotten Jazz existed whilst on a Skullgirls forum.

I have disgraced the Den.

I must go now and redeem myself. Bye.

Music recommendations huh?

Then I need something that can WAKE me up in the morning please :)

I usually listen to soundtracks but anything is welcome hahaha

Music recommendations huh?

Then I need something that can WAKE me up in the morning please :)

I usually listen to soundtracks but anything is welcome hahaha

Reactions: Anbec7

That should help in two ways better than one. Hue hue hue. [Coffee?]...

Not the one I meant to chose, but it works.

Wait, I've just realized something strange... why are Wiglaf's parents named Stan and Lucy, and where did they get the last name Wægmunding from? The former would be considered a strange case of the Bob and Aerith trope (if you know what I mean).

Wait, I've just realized something strange... why are Wiglaf's parents named Stan and Lucy, and where did they get the last name Wægmunding from? The former would be considered a strange case of the Bob and Aerith trope (if you know what I mean).
That is a good question Kuzla and I'm glad you asked that. (I hope you don't mind that I call you Kuzla)
I wanted their names to bring up the image of a mid-1900's middle class American family, while also keeping a Norse heritage. Names like Dick & Jane, John & Mary, and Stan & Lucy match this theme.

Stan is a shortening of the name Weohstan, who was the father of Wiglaf in the Original Beowulf.
Lucy is a shortening of the name Lucille, which is a reference to I Love Lucy, a show that really reflects the theme I was going for. I also wanted her to have a name that meant "Moon" or "Light" without having to use the name Luna.
(That name is used way too often)

Wægmunding is the clan that the Original Wiglaf belonged to. I might shorten it to just Wægmund or even change the spelling, I haven't decided yet. Like I said, I wanted them to have modern-ish American first names with ancient Norse surnames. Wiglaf keeps his name just because.

Last edited:
I don't know how old the Original Wiglaf was when the Original Beowulf died and I don't care. OC Wiglaf is a completely different character, as is SG Beowulf. I still believe that Alex won't kill him off so early if at all, and my OC is not any evidence that he will.
Or at least I'm hoping that he won't...
Wiglaf was like 25-30 when Beowulf was ~80, and you said that Beowulf won't die because he's not as old as he was when he died in the poem. It was a joke. I wasn't actually using your OC as evidence that Beowulf will die.
The English language needs punctuation for sarcasm.

Also, for the record, I don't think Beowulf will die in the canon ending. I believe there was a statement about keeping all the playable characters alive in the canon ending so they can be reused in a sequel. I do think he will die in his story's ending.

SALTY CUPCAKES REMINDER!!!
8:00PM PST. 11:00PM EST. THE REST OF YOU KNOW THE DRILL.
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

Have you ever wanted to see the artistic masterpiece that is each and every frame of Skullgirls animation? Does the fast paced action of the game make it impossible for you to truly appreciate the work that animators such as Mariel "Kinuko" Cartwright and Jon "Persona" Kim put into the game?
Do you want to listen to a huge playlist of music while you stare at thousands of frames of animation?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions then you should head on over to Margherita0141's Channel! Better known as Poccola, this Youtube user is best known for her numerous "Motion Collection Videos."
In these videos the animations of the Skullgirls Characters are played in slow motion, allowing the viewer to see what they could not at normal speed. Poccola also uploads videos of regular Skullgirls gameplay, as well as gameplay for other video games. I believe that Poccola makes a significant artistic contribution to the Skullgirls Community with these videos, they are very useful for a game like Skullgirls.
Thank You Poccola!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=APdhN_NbBiE (Peacock Motion Collection)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1xqj4m7zU (Ms. Fortune Motion Collection)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YimmcSHdUU (Skullgirls Palette Appreciation)

(P.S. I don't know for sure what Poccola's gender is, I am just assuming female for convenience. My apologies if she is male)

Last edited:
that opens the possibilities of the continuum shif----- gets shot

this opens to JOKE ENDINGS!!! :)

Also Denizen, is Thursday where is the awesome reminder?

Ooo, that's right! It IS Thursday! I find myself more excited for Thursday than normal this week, but that could just be because I have Friday off from school! I can stay up as late as I want for *Zen,Idon'twannastealyourthunder*!

It is a good day.

Wiglaf was like 25-30 when Beowulf was ~80, and you said that Beowulf won't die because he's not as old as he was when he died in the poem. It was a joke. I wasn't actually using your OC as evidence that Beowulf will die.
The English language needs punctuation for sarcasm.

Also, for the record, I don't think Beowulf will die in the canon ending. I believe there was a statement about keeping all the playable characters alive in the canon ending so they can be reused in a sequel. I do think he will die in his story's ending.
When I said that he wouldn't die that wasn't really a statement, that was just me trying to convince myself that he'll stay alive. Also I didn't know that the difference in their age was so great, thanks for the info.
The English language could use a lot of special punctuation, but at this point I don't think anyone would use them anyway, like the Exclamation Comma. It was such a good idea...

I hope you're right about the characters staying alive in the canon story, I bawl like a baby when heroes die in battle so I really don't want it to happen to Beowulf. ;_;
I'm fine with it happening in Beowulf's non-canon story, although it would be painful to watch.

(I EDITED MY FIRST POST ON THIS PAGE SO THAT THE REMINDER WOULD BE AT THE TOP, I'M OCD LIKE THAT)

Last edited:
I hope you're right about the characters staying alive in the canon story, I bawl like a baby when heroes die in battle so I really don't want it to happen to Beowulf. ;_;
I'm fine with it happening in Beowulf's non-canon story, although it would be painful to watch.

I found the quote for you. It's from Ravidrath. Someone asked, on the subject of Skullgirls 2 "Would it be a new game from scratch, or more of a considerably large character expansion with "2" put on it to help generate interest?"
His reply was "Definitely not an entirely new game - you don't just throw away 14,000 frames of super-high res 2D animation."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=59694829

So yeah, every character that's playable is probably safe from permanent death in the canon ending.

Ew... I just drank out of a random Coke bottle...

And I just got a job ;-;

Ew... I just drank out of a random Coke bottle...

And I just got a job ;-;
You're living life on the edge and you now have an adult responsibility that earns you money to buy stuff.
These are both GREAT THINGS.

Also thank you @Horseman, you have put my mind at ease. Now I must leave, I have a Biology exam soon and I need to do some last minute studying.

Au Revoir!

Last edited:
That is a good question Kuzla and I'm glad you asked that. (I hope you don't mind that I call you Kuzla)
I wanted their names to bring up the image of a mid-1900's middle class American family, while also keeping a Norse heritage. Names like Dick & Jane, John & Mary, and Stan & Lucy match this theme.

Stan is a shortening of the name Weohstan, who was the father of Wiglaf in the Original Beowulf.
Lucy is a shortening of the name Lucille, which is a reference to I Love Lucy, a show that really reflects the theme I was going for. I also wanted her to have a name that meant "Moon" or "Light" without having to use the name Luna.
(That name is used way too often)

Wægmunding is the clan that the Original Wiglaf belonged to. I might shorten it to just Wægmund or even change the spelling, I haven't decided yet. Like I said, I wanted them to have modern-ish American first names with ancient Norse surnames. Wiglaf keeps his name just because.
Great, now I have to read the actual poem. No really, I don't think Weohstan Wægmunding's mentioned at all in Beowulf for Beginners, the Beowulf I've read.

Great, now I have to read the actual poem. No really, I don't think Weohstan Wægmunding's mentioned at all in Beowulf for Beginners, the Beowulf I've read.
Don't worry, I still have to read it too. This is all Wikipedia knowledge.

Guys, I think we need a lot more in Skullgirls's tutorial mode. Here's why:

Wait, so I'm the only person whose read Beowulf in a Beowulf thread?

Guys, I think we need a lot more in Skullgirls's tutorial mode. Here's why:
And this has to do with Beowulf...?

Wait, so I'm the only person whose read Beowulf in a Beowulf thread?

And this has to do with Beowulf...?
I think @Revenant read Beowulf. Also I just haven't gotten around to it yet, truth is I haven't read a book in quite a few months. I screwed up my Kindle too so I have to fix that before I can start reading it.

Also not everything on this thread has to do with Beowulf, here in The Wulf Den anything goes. I tried to make that clear in the Original Post.

I did read Beowulf, your assumption is correct.

"Hey Skullzen, don't be a jerk." ~Mike Z
http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/467241607
tumblr_m8hxf1RnDL1rc6muzo1_500.gif

All I said was "I am amazing" because the stream came back right after I said "So when is the stream coming back?"

Reactions: Muro
Well I hope he's just kidding around.

Also, like I've said, I've only read Beowulf for Beginners, which is available online. It's basically the narrative version of the poem but doesn't have as much info as the actual poem. I plan on purchasing Beowulf: A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney. Boy am I jealous to see students using Beowulf in their Literature class.

@Denizen

Too bad the cat's out of the bag. Should have made us wondering.

I don't why only saying "I am amazing" on the chat annoys Mike Z.

Dozens of people claiming to be amazing during next Salty just to hear their name spoken by the MikeZ voice. Calling it.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I don't why only saying "I am amazing" on the chat annoys Mike Z.
Mike Z probably hates self-righteousness and values humility. Although he shouldn't be talking to me about that, I am a very humble person, wrestling will do that to you. One of the things you NEVER ask a wrestler is "Are you good?" because that's a question we just don't answer out of respect and discipline.
The wrestlers that do answer that question are usually jerks that deserve to get yelled at by Mike Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.