• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHAH! I FOUND IT!
Behold, the man I hope to be SkullGirls' 'Dragon'. His name is... George?
tumblr_inline_mm8l90uYqe1qz4rgp.png

http://redgaloshesforfeet.tumblr.com/post/49528028958/some-cool-stuff-from-the-skullgirls-sketchbook

Yes, that's the Dragon. Though looking closer at his motif it looks less like he's the dragon and more like the armor is. His left hand is the head, and his right hand is the tail. And it's really weird that he only has one wing...and that it's backwards. It's still a neat design though.

Reactions: Denizen
Yes, that's the Dragon. Though looking closer at his motif it looks less like he's the dragon and more like the armor is. His left hand is the head, and his right hand is the tail. And it's really weird that he only has one wing...and that it's backwards. It's still a neat design though.
I think his armor might be a parasite. I don't know where I heard that but I'm pretty sure it's a Parasite.
As for his wing I'm sure it's in the right position, he just extended it in that weird way for style, like how Sephiroth does.

This is entirely speculation but I'm willing to bet that this guy is a lot older than he looks, like Eliza.
Oh look she's actually right next to him on the page! Perhaps some credence to my theory?

isn't George a dragon slayer or something i think i remember hearing someone say that and beowulf is looking for the strongest people to fight and a dude that fights and kills dragons sounds rely god dame strong so it would make seance for beowulf to want to defeat him.

Is George a Dragon Slayer or the Dragon himself? Hmmm...

Either way he looks really damn dangerous, Alex Ahad would be a fool not to use him as an antagonist at some point.

I'm not entirely sure that he'll be introduced. If Alex liked him, he probably would have been in the DLC polls. Obviously complete speculation though, he might want to save him for SG2 for whatever reason...
Also, George is a terrible name. That had to have been temporary.

Well there are plenty of awesome characters that weren't in the DLC polls. A lot of characters that featured prominently in the background of stages were upstaged by characters who only appeared in billboards or dialogue, like Annie and Eliza. I'm willing to bet this guy has some future importance.

Also I agree with you, George is a really boring name. I would have named him Grigori.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayForger
226665-SkullgirlsReview-t.jpg

Who would have known that behind that emotionless 8... was the heart of a cold-blooded killer.
The truest villain I have ever seen. But, really, I have forgotten the name of the supposed "dragon". Denizen help me out here.

The truest villain I have ever seen. But, really, I have forgotten the name of the supposed "dragon". Denizen help me out here.
Are you talking about the Original Epic Dragon? He never had a name. Just like Grendel's Mother.
I'm going by gut memory here and I know that the above Dragon themed character is named George.

Are you talking about the Original Epic Dragon? He never had a name. Just like Grendel's Mother.
I'm going by gut memory here and I know that the above Dragon themed character is named George.
Thank you. I was guessing his name was George but I didn't know if my memory was failing me.

Also I agree with you, George is a really boring name. I would have named him Grigori.
While Grigori is indisputably the most badass dragon of all time and then some, George makes sense because of the well known tale.

I wonder if Beowulf has other dragon-slaying friends like Sigurd and Apollo (I guess you could stretch it a bit and consider the Python as draconic)?
It would make a pretty kick ass action RPG - The Dragon Nutbuster Bros! (I might need to work on the title... -_-")
But you all know you want to see Beowulf in a open world distributing wrestling justice.

That dragon guy should be christened Artur. Not because of the Arthur Pendragon reference, but because he looks a lot like Arturia!Saber.

This thread...

It's so beautiful :'D

I want Beo to have a Pretzel Command input! :D

Not crazy enough. Try a Matrimelee-style buttonless motion for a super.

Beowulf's chair is the chair that will sit upon the Heavens! Bringing them to the Earth to help all the orphaned children and the peoples of New Meridian!

Last edited:
Well if George isn't the Dragon, but the Dragonslayer, and Beowulf didn't kill Grendel, maybe they are friendly and both interfered with each others' stories? George killed or will kill Beowulf's dragon and Beo let Grendel live because reasons? I think it would be cool if they were like partners (on jobs) and just went around destroying people for money when he/they weren't in the ring. Maybe they were a tag-team? That would be sick! Three Wolf Moonsault (did I get that right?) to flying Dragon Suplex or something I don't know.

Beowulf's chair is the chair that will sit upon the Heaven!
Somebody needs to make a picture of Beowulf as Kamina now.

@Balder I didn't even know about that story, good job. Oh God, I'm reading through the wikipedia article and I'm getting goosebumps. Does Alex plan on COMBINING ancient legends!?

SPECULATION OVERLOAD TIME!

What if Beowulf and George are two widely recognized heroes? Beowulf for defeating two frenzied Gigans bare handed, and George for taming a dangerous Draconic Parasite! What if they are friends who's paths usually do not cross except when facing massive threats like the SkullGirl? Both Giant Slayer and Dragon Slayer Fighting side by side against the forces of chaos!

WHAT IF, 50 years from now George in his old age is no longer able to control the parasite and it overtakes him like Samson is able to overtake Filia and becomes a FULL FLEDGED DRAGON! Beowulf, also an old man must fight the last fight of his life against an old friend to protect the Kingdom from a fiery death! At the conclusion of the battle Beowulf is mortally wounded and George is dying from the fact that Parasite hosts cannot survive the removal/death of their Parasite. They both recollect in their final hours and die as LEGENDS.

GOD DAMN I SHOULD WRITE A BOOK!
I can even fit an OC in there that would make the story even MORE EPIC!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd note that I'll be moving this thread to the Beowulf section when the character is released.

With all the possible names in the world, I doubt Lab Zero would see the need to confuse people and name the char with a name that is already used in-game.

Not that I want to discourage you from using the placeholder. As is, I enjoy reading all these theories about Peacock's bomb having the thrilling life of a dragon slayer, parasite host and Beowulf's combat equal.

@Balder I didn't even know about that story, good job. Oh God, I'm reading through the wikipedia article and I'm getting goosebumps. Does Alex plan on COMBINING ancient legends!?

SPECULATION OVERLOAD TIME!

What if Beowulf and George are two widely recognized heroes? Beowulf for defeating two frenzied Gigans bare handed, and George for taming a dangerous Draconic Parasite! What if they are friends who's paths usually do not cross except when facing massive threats like the SkullGirl? Both Giant Slayer and Dragon Slayer Fighting side by side against the forces of chaos!

WHAT IF, 50 years from now George in his old age is no longer able to control the parasite and it overtakes him like Samson is able to overtake Filia and becomes a FULL FLEDGED DRAGON! Beowulf, also an old man must fight the last fight of his life against an old friend to protect the Kingdom from a fiery death! At the conclusion of the battle Beowulf is mortally wounded and George is dying from the fact that Parasite hosts cannot survive the removal/death of their Parasite. They both recollect in their final hours and die as LEGENDS.

GOD DAMN I SHOULD WRITE A BOOK!
I can even fit an OC in there that would make the story even MORE EPIC!
Do. It.

Pweeeeease?

Really cool speculation ideas
This actually sounds like a really good idea. I would love to see him become a legend bigger than the one he already created and then some. And George looks like a really cool dude too. It's like the dragon parasite/armor is laying across his arms and back of his shoulders.

My headcanon head wants Beowulf and George to be brothers. :DDD Or rivals.
Gary madafakin Oak.

You are now imagining Beowulf singing "I wanna be the very best".

Reactions: Lavama
Gary madafakin Oak.

You are now imagining Beowulf singing "I wanna be the very best".
When we know the voice actor, maybe a commission could be made...

My headcanon head wants Beowulf and George to be brothers. :DDD Or rivals. Best friends! George can easily fill the role as Breca from Beowulf's childhood.
Breca? I really have to actually read the the story at some point. Beowulf is now at the top of the list of things I need to read.

Breca? I really have to actually read the the story at some point. Beowulf is now at the top of the list of things I need to read.
Wait, you haven't read Beowulf yet? Given that you really like Beowulf, I thought you've already read it.

So much....awesome....speculation! I really hope that something this gripping and exciting is put into Wulf's story and that George shows up at some point (SG2?).

Indeed there is so much untapped potential, and characters that can be brought in, but I wouldn't expect a SG2 anywhere in the near future...

Also Dragon + Wulf = WIN! or something like this: Dragon_Wolf_by_silvergriffin.jpg

Hahaha that looks like a Furry OC. No offense.

Wolves=Cool
Dragons=Cool
Wolves+Dragons=Meh

SALTY CUPCAKES REMINDER!!!
8:00PM PST. 11:00PM EST. THE REST OF YOU KNOW THE DRILL.
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

SORRY SORRY SORRY I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THE REMINDER.
Alright for this week's video I want to toss a shout out to @Shockdingo for providing us with a fitting voice for Beowulf until an official Voice Actor is chosen. This is more of a shout out to Fan Voice Actors in general. One of the most important aspects of a character is his or her voice, so there is a sort of emptiness when a character in development lacks one. I'm grateful to the people who are willing to try and fill that emptiness. Quite a few people have tried give a voice to Beowulf, but I believe that Shockdingo really stands out amongst them. To this day Shock is still my head canon voice for the legendary hero. Great Job!

Here are some other Youtubers with their own takes on The Wulf.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQLlzFxS6yA (This one almost matches Shock IMO)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HFFptpFCT8 (A rather interesting take on his accent)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpchPEnuJQ (Classic Macho Man Randy Savage, R.I.P.)

Last edited:
Thanks SkullZen...I mean Denizen...I mean moonmoon...
Salty Cupcakes, HOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for the kind words Denizen! I gotta say, I'm really touched that you've enjoyed my performance this much. I love that Wulf has given all of us such inspiration; every VA I've heard for him brings something different to the role and I love it. I've got to say that Night really does a great job in his clip; the voice has energy and a badass rasp, also I love the lines and moves he came up with.

One of the fan VAs saying "big bad wolf" inspired me to hypothesize the three little pig-like humanoids as Beowulf's assistants/lackeys.

BTW, I've made another Beowulf fanart:
tumblr_mttyjzCjod1sg048co1_1280.jpg
I tried using the chalk brush and it looks very messy now.

Beautiful Kuzlalala!

One of the fan VAs saying "big bad wolf" inspired me to hypothesize the three little pig-like humanoids as Beowulf's assistants/lackeys.

BTW, I've made another Beowulf fanart:
tumblr_mttyjzCjod1sg048co1_1280.jpg
OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY DID IT! YOU ARE THE WULF PACK MEMBER OF THE DAY!
For those who don't know, it's a reference to the botched Shockmaster debut.
tumblr_inline_mt34cbW1rL1r1omf1.gif

Now we can check another thing off that list! We have Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Shockmaster!
http://pumpkick.tumblr.com/post/61146644550/wrestling-events-that-should-be-parodied-in-beowulf

Last edited:
@Kuzlalala I'm not sure if you use Twitter so I thought would post this just in case.
Honarary Queen of The Wulf Pack Kimlinh Tran noticed some of your fan art.
https://twitter.com/KimlinhTran/status/384055315441778689
I'm not a Kimlinh Tran fan (although I love her voice as Ms. Fortune), but excuse myself as I want to scream in my head.
Also, did not know that she's a Beowulf fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.