• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Beowulf is gonna get a face paint option, would there be a shirtless option too?
I'm not sure, but we can still hope.

If Beowulf is gonna get a face paint option, would there be a shirtless option too?

That seems like it'd take a lot more effort, since you'd have to take away the argyle pattern and replace it with other details such as pecs, abs, and MANLY CHEST HAIR.
A lot more than a simple face-paint effect.
So probably no.

I think there are already lines to forma his abs and pecs due to his tight top so it might be possible.

Yeah maybe they'll make it so that his shirt is tight enough to show off that muscle definition in his default palette. Maybe Beowulf's line work will allow for a simple palette swap that makes him look convincingly shirtless.
Fortune is a good example of this, she has a few palettes where her top turns into a bikini just from a color change.

Facepaint in itself creates the possibility for a ton of palletes let alone shirtless beowulf. Kinda great.

Reactions: Denizen
Facepaint in itself creates the possibility for a ton of palletes let alone shirtless beowulf.
I bet he's going to have plenty of superhero palettes.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Still uploading. Yes, he has a shirtless option. His shirt is tight enough to look like skin. He also has optional arm hair.
Yer yankin' my chain.

Road warrior palletes are super important important.

Reactions: Denizen
While the others are still incoming:

G1LVofR.jpg

Hard to make out on this, but he's got fairly detailed face paint to mimic Ultimate Warrior, with an optional Argyle pattern on his forehead. His chest also has a palettized argyle pattern and can be made to look like skin or a shirt. His arm hair is also part of his palettes so they can be turned on or off.

I'll put the full batch of these over in the Retiring thread.

I love the knee and elbow pad options. The taped hand stuff blows me away too. It's the little things in life.

Oh man I am losing it right now, I'm getting way too excited over some palette maps.
I'm actually afraid for my health, I don't know if my heart will be able to take his first animated attack.
IT'S ALREADY ANIMATED IN YOUR MIND.

Hopefully, never, because he'd either look like a clown or a genderbent Ragyo, AND WE DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH FAMILY ABUSERS AND TRAITORS TO THE HUMAN RACE!

Reactions: Prototype
Trying to think of a good name for that move. Any ideas?

Reactions: agent13
So you're telling me that Beowulf's palettes not only include a shirtless option, but face paint too? Goddamn it stop making me like this character. Between Big Band, Fukua, Eliza, Robo-Fortune, Valentine and Beowulf I have no idea what I want my team to be now.

Is that supposed to be his idle stance? I'm not feelin' it, brother.

2. It got an official recording. I assume it was by EVO. They'll likely have footage up soon enough.
3. Some small tidbits that I'll go over in the photo uploads. General jist: A ton of move concepts. Beowulf looks fucking hilarious if even half of them make it in. An early look at his palette color map which will allow Ultimate Warrior style face paint.

The hype is real... My stomach is churning, in a good way I hope lol

EDIT: damn, when I read what I quoted, I thought that was the latest post.... now I feel silly, alright, let me just read through and catch up and double all that hype.

ACTUALLY READ THE THREAD EDIT: Holy Moly, Denizen thought HE needed a doctor for all his hype... *wheezes in hype*

Last edited:
Ok Wulf Pack I have a request. I grew up in the 90s and watched a little wrestling with my friends but never got too deep into the sport. I had a few favorite wrestlers that I would follow but my interest waned over the years and I don't watch it anymore. Most everything else I know about wrestling comes from movie/video game references and the occasional conversation between my friends.

My request is simple, I want to see some really good wrestling matches but don't know the best place to look. Region doesn't matter, when the match occurred doesn't matter; I just want to see some good and honest wrastlin to get me in the proper mindset for Beowulf.

I'm pretty sure that's the entirety of that "what are you looking for in Beowulf" or whatever it's name is thread. There's tons of videos of wrestling matches there.

Eh. I'm not a fan. It makes my eye hemorage to look at and takes an hour to load.

Here have this giant list of matches and links to said matches.

ranging from modern era to 80s and 90s wcw with a bit of japanese stuff thrown in. Less lucha because I don't care for potato quality stuff.

http://rutube.ru/video/247a4df133d860a366800e260284eeda/

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's the entirety of that "what are you looking for in Beowulf" or whatever it's name is thread. There's tons of videos of wrestling matches there.
duly noted

I also made a wrestling ot in the offtopic section. That to date has had zero replies.

As a European
I will never understand Pro Wrestling.

Reactions: Arcana
Well you see as a sport it started out as a real thing resembling greco roman style wrestling...as you would see in the olympics or in highschool gyms. Tough men literally trying to hurt one another to prove who was the toughest by chopping one another submitting one another or getting a pin. You had guys called hookers and guys called shooters. Hookers could use pressure points to absolutely destroy you or even blind you. Shooters were your super talented greco style guys who were good at getting people on the matt into a pin via tying their opponents in knots.

Then over time at least in japan they added the stiff strikes and kicks making it more resemble very early mma. In fact Antonio inoki a wrestler and martial artist (inventor of the strong style) would go on to fight Mohammed Ali. He would actually beat Ali to the point where Ali would never quite walk the same again. And the europeans would invent the world of sports style matt wrestling, european uppercuts, and give us Andre the giant.

Over time in the 40-60s it evolved more so into a type of choreographed dance using all these different aspects as a highly monetized form of entertainment with the addition of soap opera-esque storylines. It only sort of became this global phenomenon following Hulk Hogans rise in the 80s.

I wouldn't call being european an excuse tbh. I mean Claudio Castignoli is Swiss and he's used a gimmick revolving around being incredibly european for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.