• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pro Wrestler entering the world of MMA. That sounds familiar, I can't remember the guy's name though.
He did very well, I know that much. Whatever, I can't fucking remember.

Last edited:
B4dhYAZCAAE30bS.jpg

Batista fought a really fat guy in a third tier organisation. He won via decision. It was really hard to watch because batista was so visibly winded...dude was trying to cut weight at 40+ so his conditioning wasn't the best either.

Brock was good at it to an extent...but about half his opponents were old, retiring, and or partially crippled. When he fought Cain Velasquez he got taken out like a punk. However to his credit...his conditioning and power were incredible. I think he also had an amateur wrestling background which also lends itself pretty well to mma. He had to retire because of diverticulitus (which got cured). He hopes to make a return to the ufc in a few years.

Punk stands to be around 36 with a history of knee and elbow injuries. Wants to be a welterweight...but the lightest he has been is around 190 when he was 27 years old. He has very little actual martial arts training, although he does have some. They will probably just like Brock start him off slow against people they know he'll win against before throwing him into the deep end. One upside is his conditioning as wrestler but that may change when weight control starts. Another is his bank account.

I hope he fights GSP and loses in 10 seconds.

Edit:

And it's been announced. Punk will be fighting as a welterweight against a guy who is 15 and 2 with most of his wins being via decision.

Last edited:
Cahal Pendred

Dude hasn't had many knockouts recently and he isn't a submission guy either...which should help punk a bit...because it means he can actually take a few punches rather than the match simply ending. However, there is no way in hell punk can match his pace when he gets going.

Not to mention the factor of experience, conditioning, and age.

Has CM Punk had any actual Martial Arts training or is he going into this on a whim?

Gracie ju-jitsu since 2011. The gracie family have truth be told brought up some of the best martial artists in the world and a negligible amount of karate and kickboxing as a teenager.

But I'd still consider it a whim given his history of leg injuries.

They still haven't shown or hinted at why holding down s.lp will be important...

Is it true about that super where he makes a stance on the chair and does a different move with unique animations for each button? And it does a super pounce off if you're far from your opponent?

Also lunge-throw assist ftw

Mike's hinted numerous times. Beowulf is going to have a crowd hype mechanic. Holding the LP button gains hype.

Probably will be like bb's parry where it's shown fairly late as to not overcomplicate everything else...so maybe after a few more grab finishers...

And in regard to Punk...yeah he probably will lose badly.

We're missing the most important point as to why Punk will win! He's writing for marvel, he knows how to be a super hero.

And he knows how to do a roundhouse kick where he shittily rubs his foot across his enemies scalp.

So I hope he busts that one out in the octagon. The most deadly move of all messing up your enemies hair.

Came across this video on the youtubes. Thoughts on this man for voicing Beo?
Markiplier's a cool dude but his voice just doesn't sound right.
Though I'm biased because I want Ian Sinclair.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I think it should be Cr1tikal.
Every character in this game should be voiced by Cr1tikal.

Mike just brings in someone's dog for the VA. I'll just be like "Done" just done :3 sigh... but no really i just want to see some more grab finishers put in for this week.

You're right, DDB.
Annie deserves better.
We'll get Cr1tikal.
This is the Girl of the Stars and we're playin Skullgirls let's do this shit

Reactions: Armageddon11
who is the hurting's voice actor?

They cancelled Robo-Fortune and forwarded all her funds towards the voice actor.

Yup. Troy Baker is playing the hurting...and one upping Vin Diesel's Groot by having a part where he actually has zero lines.

Yup. Troy Baker is playing the hurting...and one upping Vin Diesel's Groot by having a part where he actually has zero lines.
"What's that? No lines, like, no actual lines? That's perfect, 'cause I have 17 other games to record for today."

Reactions: Makross
In fact 3/4 of the indygogo went to paying Troy Baker's salary for the part.

Well. Outside of my jokes.

Troy has really done well for himself since Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Probably one of the most sought out voice actors out there nowadays. And now he's in Uncharted and Metal Gear 5.

He would have been a good Beowulf too..if not for probably being too on the nose of a choice following his role as Kanji.

Yeah, but I'm not worried about who Lab Zero picked at all. Unless it could have been me, then I would have done the role in a heartbeat.

Yeah. 100% faith they'll choose somebody who is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.