• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What if Skullgirls was censored by 4Kids

Eliza's dress covers her cleavage, Marie is just called Marie, and Adam is voiced by Dan Green.

This thread has been locked at the request of the original poster.

EDIT: Posts in this thread were deleted, but have since been reinstated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcana
@IsaVulpes raised a good point about when it is valid to lock a thread at the OP's request and when not to. After reconsidering, I believe this is the latter case and so I'm reopening the thread.

It's not right to lock a thread just because the original poster doesn't like where their game was going. Anyone can set this thread to ignore if they find it distasteful, but I'm leaving it here if anyone else wants to play, be that with FoxKids style Jelly Donut edits or dick censor bars.

However, the thread is not entirely unscathed: I deleted the pointless poll at the top :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Guymelef and Kai
c censored.png

This one's, honestly, a bit stupid and lazy. Cerebella now has an undershirt.

Last edited:
latest.png
censored.png

Removed the possible lesbian reference. Also, I was too lazy to censor Fortune's clothing.

Last edited:
Fortune with T-shirt and shorts vs sleeveless shirt and short-shorts
Valentine with tights-shorts instead of just underwear.
Here's Filia, if she actually followed a school dress code.

I think I actually like these better than the original.

Also, blur edits, although funny, just make it look worse and I think it'd be better if we didn't bring those here.

I simply LOVE the "Normal Fortune" and "True School Girl Filia" looks. Like BallotBoxer said, I think I like them alot more cause it looks more natural (Though I'd still have the Scars version of Fortune, just with the nice clothes) and shows confidence in one's self.

Also, I lost it at Beowulf's c.HP censor. LOL

It's times like these where I wish I knew how to draw and shade at all but I don't.

Time to make Valentine fans cry!
eQ44lYa.png

GiI9yBq.png

Tights edition

I might give her pants later.

I'm ok with this...

Lala that's so cute! Mind if I give it a try myself?

Reading this makes me think of the hijabi version of the Skullgirls characters. I've though of the hijabi version of all the female cast, but I've made two:
Oh my gosh I really love these.

How meta. The censorship thread was briefly censored.

For a fun exercise, I thought about what would a censor do about Cerebella's ending.

NW4nFGf.jpg

Obviously the censor committee is insane and could only rationalize one "acceptable" scenario for someone to sit on someone else's lap: Santa Claus

ac7Axfc.jpg

Reading this makes me think of the hijabi version of the Skullgirls characters. I've though of the hijabi version of all the female cast, but I've made two:
[Filia and Cerebella in Middle Eastern garb]

I can easily see Double's nun form being turned into a burka.

Obviously the censor committee is insane and could only rationalize one "acceptable" scenario for someone to sit on someone else's lap: Santa Claus

ac7Axfc.jpg

I can easily see Double's nun form being turned into a burka.
D*mn. That edit would be perfect for a christmas special or something

Stumbled upon this edit by @southpawper, which I do believe is relevant to this thread.
Still pretty lewd. That's not her underarm, it's her underboob.

I'm pretty sure that's her ribcage actually, but

Reactions: Denizen
Yeah you right. But still, from a quick glance, a parent could be like "IS HER BOOBS BEING TICKLED?!? TOO LEWD FOR MY CHILD!!"

Either boob or ribs, none of them would tickle.

Well, if you try hard enough.

4Kids would probably omit the entire scene. Instead of Squigly being shot in the head (with a grenade launcher!?) they'd have some nonsense like "Oh no, Black Dahlia cast a sleeping spell and kidnapped Sienna!" But if they had to include it...

S7hO4d5.jpg

UP1euqt.jpg

Spikeball courtesy of Peacock's drop items. Originally, I was planning on putting an innocuous #1 team sports foam finger.

Last edited:
Hmm?
This is a grenade launcher:
s5Hu669.jpg

Now look at Black Dahlia's gun arm. Both share: wide diameter barrel and a large rotating cylinder with grenade-sized charges.

And let's go to the 3rd Character page: http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

Black Dahlia excerpt said:
Playstyle Speculation
Black Dahlia keeps her arsenal well hidden. Grenade launchers, tear gas, and hidden knives. She isn’t above dirty tactics, cloaking her movement using her doilies. One attack may look like it will go one way when she shifts into another. Don’t let the giant gun distract you when the blade hidden in her knee cap is tearing at your liver! Just how much of her is mechanical, anyway?

Or are you "Picard facepalming" the inexplicable gun shot noise when Black Dahlia murders Squigly? I think it was in the first Squigly thread we discussed how implausible it would be for someone to be killed point-blank with a grenade launcher and still have an open-casket funeral. I dunno, maybe Dahlia has a hidden handgun.

I think he's just facepalming the idea of holding someone at point blank range with a grenade launcher.

It's about as ridiculous as giving Nemesis from RE a rocket launcher. But hey, they did it anyways.

Reactions: Smarts
A Laser gun would be more appropriate instead of the spike ball.
But it's still gut wrenching to watch Squigly die

What are you talking about?
Squigly didn't die, that'd be way too dark.
Dahlia, umm, trapped her soul, um, in the shadow dimension for 14 years, but uh, she escaped and now wants to find the Skullgirl.
and Squigly never lost her eye.
Someone please make that picture