• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Your own headcanon

Unsfstitled.png

This bird has a top hat and monocle, it is very classy and in high power.
It works for the Medchies and also Loranzo. It hunts down Filia and tries to take away her Samson and retrieve the life gem.

Head Canon Time
This woman in the background of the Glass Canopy is the new #13 Sniper of The Black Egrets.
She is of Filipino descent and has a theme of Eagles.
Apparently her name is Junko.

That's a good one! The hairclip makes it very feasible.
Due to her hair style, lack of a nose and blue-green color palette I had always assumed that that girl was a dagonian, but now that I get a good look at her she seems more human to me.

When you say apparently her name is Junko you mean you read it on a concept art page or in game files?
Because that makes it seem even more likely, Junko replacing Juju as the eastern sniper girl.
Either way, Junko looks like a more Skullgirls looking character than Juju. Her design is more than "I am an asian girl who carries a pretty unremarkable sniper rifle."

Last edited:
Moved from New Egrets Sniper thread:

Can I headcanon that Junko is deeply religious and, when sniping, recites Bible(?) verses aloud while calmly lining up her shots, kissing her inverted cross before taking the shot?

tumblr_lvszmrwMes1qfrntlo1_500.png

You always will be in my heart Juju. Eating jujubas (portuguese word)

balas-de-goma.jpg

As for Junko I am indulged in a cruel type of sniper, since most of Parasoul's military are pretty nice people.

Examples from Tvtropes

In the book One Shot, One Kill by Charles W. Sasser and Craig Roberts (Roberts is himself a former sniper). The U.S. military originally simply issued sniper rifles to the soldiers with the best aim, but they're now selected for their mental state and personality, with aim being a secondary concern. It's easier to teach a decent soldier better aiming skills than it is to teach the wrong soldier how to cope with the psychological demands... for a given value of "decent" - not the one you'd like applied to your neighbours.

There was a History Channel special on snipers, which included a somewhat-famous bit of rifle marksmanship that occured during the Vietnam War. On St. Valentines Day, just before midnight, 20 Vietcong soldiers were crossing a river, holding their rifles over their heads because the water went up to their necks. On the other side of the river was an American sniper who killed them all with one headshot apiece in about 30 seconds. An unpleasant, but necessary, part of war. We see a recreation of the shooting narrated by the original sniper. After the recreation, he discusses the shooting a little bit more before saying, "Yeah, that was my St. Valentine's Day massacre present to the Vietcong" and laughing. Brrr...

On the same special, there was a United States sniper from the Iraqi War. The main point of the segment was him killing an enemy sniper who had been terrorizing a town. At the beginning of the segment, he appeared to be reasonable. However, as the segment continued, he began to give off a decidedly... sociopath vibe. He repeatedly referred to using fellow Marines as "bait" for the enemy sniper without informing them of this. He also was talking about how he regarded the entire population of the town as possible terrorists, to the point where he would cover them with his rifle if he saw them doing anything "suspicious". When he finally found the sniper (after waiting for him to shoot twice at friendly troops to pinpoint his (the enemy sniper's) location), he wanted to use an airstrike in the middle of a populated town to kill the sniper. He said that his commanders (obviously) denied this, and proceeded to mock their rationale that it would lead to civilian casualties. Brr indeed.

I think that Junko makes a point system in her head when she is shooting in the same way you get points in an arcade shooting game.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Oooh almost like Gimli and Legolas keeping points!

(What if there are dwarves in the Skullgirls universe and they are to the Scotts what Elves are to the Welsh?)
Alex would never allow crap of this caliber.

Oooh almost like Gimli and Legolas keeping points!

(What if there are dwarves in the Skullgirls universe and they are to the Scotts what Elves are to the Welsh?)
Alex would never allow crap of this caliber.

More or less. She doesn't care if the targets are conveniently inhuman, ugly and or evil. Also, she sets up challenges like:

-Only instant kills (the faster they die more points).
-(Multi-shot) How many bullets I can get into someone before they die.
-(Hard Multi-shot) How many bullets before they fall.
-(Multi-hit) Hitting many people with a single bullet.

Thanks to certain fanarts and my mind wandering around while driving in a low traffic place, there are three green ships sailing around my head.

Embarassing, I know.

Might as well speak about them so that they calm down.

And I think potential good stories could come out of them.

Happy Ship:

BeoBela (BB)
95fb1d13745a2a6bd200377b378d666a.jpg

It just brings me fuzzy and warm feelings. Both have showboating, outgoing personalities; love the fans; are wrestlers; live in the spotlight. I can see them being very happy together.

And a plot element that they both have in common. Both are naive and both are/were used to hurt inocent people by the Medici. I wonder if in the future we will see if Bela will be be able to do her tragic ending in Beowulf's presence.

Drama Ship:

Starwulf

You have a 200 year mature woman in a body of a girl and an adult guy who is very childish.

Going with the high drama angle: Beowulf (being a decent yet simple guy) would consider Annie as a good friend and a kind of little sister, obviously, pissing her off. The drama would come if she showed interest in him, creeping him out and making him being disgusted with himself if he started to feel atracted by her. Meanwhile, Annie would be sad and angry for not being capable of experiencing love without turning her love interest in a pseudo-pedo.

She would try to find a way to become an adult. Maybe with magic, the labs, or (God Forbid) if she despairs a lot and says the f word to the world: The Skullheart. All the while hating her parents who wished her to stay a kid.

We can also add drama (or make just comedy) with her being jealous of Beowulf's fangirls (speciallly the curvy green haired one).

S&M Ship:

Brain Drain & Fukua

Yeah...

When, Robo-Fortune asks why she can feel pain, Brain Drain answers: "While unpleasant, pain is a good way to notice something wrong to your body and to react quickly to danger."

Basically, his new body is capable of feeling. He fine tuned the sensations to aprimorate them (for example, he won't fall in a state of shock due pain while being attacked, has conditioned sensations for differents sources of pain (electricity, concussion, chemical solvents, fire, mind attacks...).

This ship comes to life after Fukua comes back to Lab Zero to find a way to stop the deterioration of her body and mind.

She being the fusion of the brains of a mysthical parasite, an amnesic schoolgirl and the souls of two warriors who were pretty much unstable is pretty crazy. Brain Drain and Lab Zero not wanting to waste the resources applied to her project and a potentially good soldier stabilize her. Now she works with the Zeroes.

Being an immoral new person and pretty much a pleasure and thrill seeker, Fukua takes an interest in Brain Drain as a fellow applier of violence. Initially he is desinterested because he thinks these things are meaningless per se, and because he is still mourning Christmas (although he doesn't say this).

Fukua takes this as a challenge. And goes with the intelectual angle, challenging and debating him to attract his interest.

In the end both use each other as... relaxation means. And both are S & M in the act. Fukua brings squeezing and bites and Brain Drain brings mind control and needle hands.

I like it because it is f***** up.

Last edited:
Even though Squig's mouth is sewn shut, plus the fact she technically doesn't need to eat, she still enjoys a fancy pastry from time to time.

Big Band secretly listens to J-Pop Idols.

Squigly listens to Gorgoroth.

Reactions: Magma442
Samson is actually the main hero of the story, and he saved Filia from being killed by Marie.

Fukua is actually the true Filia.

But Samson is the true parasite, and he is protecting clone Filia because Marie think that she is the original one.

Annie would be sad and angry for not being capable of experiencing love without turning her love interest in a pseudo-pedo. She would try to find a way to become an adult. Maybe with ... The Skullheart.
And then Beowulf has to kill her? Oh, man, that would be brutal. I could see him going all reclusive-mountain-man after that. This has a great, "darkest timeline," quality to it. It's especially fitting considering, you know... Beowulf.

I would think that annie is imune to getting in love with someone due to her condition, i mean, she is physically unable to curse because she "can't experience adulthood in any way possible", so she really will not have anything beyond a child crush on someone.

But i think that the cicle of the skullheart can be broken somehow, and after that happens, annie will somehow start to age again, and other things.

I would think that annie is imune to getting in love with someone due to her condition, i mean, she is physically unable to curse because she "can't experience adulthood in any way possible", so she really will not have anything beyond a child crush on someone.

But i think that the cicle of the skullheart can be broken somehow, and after that happens, annie will somehow start to age again, and other things.

Don't know about that. After all, she has a job, she risks her life to protect the world, she teaches children (and man-children), she is one of the most wise characters of the cast... She has a lot of adulthood with her.

Besides, well, headcannon. And since all the material about the characters hasn't been released (the story not bring closed, yet) nothing stops the team from diverging from the original plan. Remember how Peacock and Samson used to be? Very dark...

But, going with the "no adulthood" path, that would be a very simple way to corrupt Annie. People now a days talk about being adult like it is a curse when there is a lot of good things that you get when you grow up. Annie would envy that a lot...

Which brings the question... Can the Skullheart cancel something previously wished? We already know thanks to Peacock's unused ending that he can deny stupid wishes.

well, the skullheart is a dick, so if someone wishes something like: " i want annie to age again", the skullheart would probably make her reach to the age that she is supposed to be, so, she would turn into ashes. =P

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
well, the skullheart is a dick, so if someone wishes something like: " i want annie to age again", the skullheart would probably make her reach to the age that she is supposed to be, so, she would turn into ashes. =P

That would be amusing.

Or the Skullheart could just give the wih normally. All would be happy and sugar for a while, until the time old age would come to claim a 200 year old experienced fighter who has killed a lot of Skullgirls, leaving the people defenseless.

Or better yet, have the Skullgirl who made the wish kill Annie by her own hands.

I believe Venus likes to write adult fanfiction about the Skullgirl cast. Reviewers had said things like "Oh my god, I feel so violated.", "I thought the incest was bad before their mother joined in." "I never want to read parasite sex again." and "MY EYES!!"
Every terrified review just makes Venus smile. And when she smiles, Aeon smiles. And when she smiles, Double smiles. And when that thing smiles, puppies and kittens die.

Thanks to certain fanarts and my mind wandering around while driving in a low traffic place, there are three green ships sailing around my head.

Embarassing, I know.

Might as well speak about them so that they calm down.

And I think potential good stories could come out of them.

Happy Ship:

BeoBela (BB)
95fb1d13745a2a6bd200377b378d666a.jpg

It just brings me fuzzy and warm feelings. Both have showboating, outgoing personalities; love the fans; are wrestlers; live in the spotlight. I can see them being very happy together.

And a plot element that they both have in common. Both are naive and both are/were used to hurt inocent people by the Medici. I wonder if in the future we will see if Bela will be be able to do her tragic ending in Beowulf's presence.

Drama Ship:

Starwulf

You have a 200 year mature woman in a body of a girl and an adult guy who is very childish.

Going with the high drama angle: Beowulf (being a decent yet simple guy) would consider Annie as a good friend and a kind of little sister, obviously, pissing her off. The drama would come if she showed interest in him, creeping him out and making him being disgusted with himself if he started to feel atracted by her. Meanwhile, Annie would be sad and angry for not being capable of experiencing love without turning her love interest in a pseudo-pedo.

She would try to find a way to become an adult. Maybe with magic, the labs, or (God Forbid) if she despairs a lot and says the f word to the world: The Skullheart. All the while hating her parents who wished her to stay a kid.

We can also add drama (or make just comedy) with her being jealous of Beowulf's fangirls (speciallly the curvy green haired one).

S&M Ship:

Brain Drain & Fukua

Yeah...

When, Robo-Fortune asks why she can feel pain, Brain Drain answers: "While unpleasant, pain is a good way to notice something wrong to your body and to react quickly to danger."

Basically, his new body is capable of feeling. He fine tuned the sensations to aprimorate them (for example, he won't fall in a state of shock due pain while being attacked, has conditioned sensations for differents sources of pain (electricity, concussion, chemical solvents, fire, mind attacks...).

This ship comes to life after Fukua comes back to Lab Zero to find a way to stop the deterioration of her body and mind.

She being the fusion of the brains of a mysthical parasite, an amnesic schoolgirl and the souls of two warriors who were pretty much unstable is pretty crazy. Brain Drain and Lab Zero not wanting to waste the resources applied to her project and a potentially good soldier stabilize her. Now she works with the Zeroes.

Being an immoral new person and pretty much a pleasure and thrill seeker, Fukua takes an interest in Brain Drain as a fellow applier of violence. Initially he is desinterested because he thinks these things are meaningless per se, and because he is still mourning Christmas (although he doesn't say this).

Fukua takes this as a challenge. And goes with the intelectual angle, challenging and debating him to attract his interest.

In the end both use each other as... relaxation means. And both are S & M in the act. Fukua brings squeezing and bites and Brain Drain brings mind control and needle hands.

I like it because it is f***** up.

R34 of Brain Drain x Fukua pl0x.

Also, Beowulf x Annie sounds like a sitcom.

I believe Venus likes to write adult fanfiction about the Skullgirl cast. Reviewers had said things like "Oh my god, I feel so violated.", "I thought the incest was bad before their mother joined in." "I never want to read parasite sex again." and "MY EYES!!"
Every terrified review just makes Venus smile. And when she smiles, Aeon smiles. And when she smiles, Double smiles. And when that thing smiles, puppies and kittens die.

I want this fanfiction...

for research on how bad it is, of course. trust me i'm an expert

While I don't like the fanfic, Skull Inn,(I've linked so you can have a look yourselves.) I do like the idea Parasoul opening a haven for the girls and the other characters who have no where to go or are on the run from the mafia.

Last edited:
Reactions: MooseHogBro
One more thing.

The original plan of Lab Zero was to produce adult clones and implant souls of dead warriors in then, why?

Because clones artificially aged haven't passed by the process of learning of non-cloned people. So it is a brain who knows as much as a newborn baby (doesn't know how to speak, move, walk...) without their higher capcity of learning.

Programming and maturing an organic brain is way harder and more expensive than a electronical one.

So Lab Zero decided to attach a mature soul to the brain. The theory was that the soul info would be able to overcome and rewire the brain properly.

What they didn't know was that parasites have genetic memory. Basically they are able to compile data in the form of genes, and in a way that doesn't take much space (which is still a lot).

The process that created Fukua, also copied those genes. It wasn't able to copy everything and it was a broken process. Still, part of the personalities that form Fukua are part of Filia (the old Filia whose memories and personality that are stored in Samson), part Samson (including some precious stuff that are jumbled in that memory mess), and the two warriors. So in a way Fukua is a dark part of Filia, and as Lab Zero stabilizes her more and more she may remember very interesting stuff.

Reactions: MooseHogBro
I have to replay (or re-watch) all the stories.. but I have to ask...

There are plans to a sequel?
I mean, I really want:

-To Ms. Fortune will rescue Minette (I have to say it, I ship them, I think they can be a really nice couple)

-Squigly has a crush on Eliza?

And the rest of the cast need to stay alive for a last battle (if they lose so be it, but I want they lose together xD)

A few more in my head.
  • If Marie does survive and has the Skullheart removed, I liked to see her have burn marks on her where her flesh was healed and have a mark on her back which is the exact same shape of the as the Skullheart. Like a reminder that she was the Skullgirl and her reign will haunt her for the rest of her life.
  • One thing that bother me about Marie attacking Lab 8 is why she orders it even if she knows Peacock is there. I can think of two possibilities with the same answer: Double or Valentine lied to her saying they were funded by the Medicis. Val probably did it to keep Marie away from Carol and Double most likely lied to her as it was the only way to get her to do some killing.
  • I think Nadia sleeps naked. This isn't me being a pervert, she just strikes me as someone who feels more comfortable with less clothing. I think it's her outfit that give me that impression.
  • It's probably just me but I can't see any of the main cast getting along with Valentine. It's probably because I see he as a massive, unlikable witch. even when we show her compassionate side. I can even see a least Peacock, Squigly, Leviathan and Umbrella accepting Marie into their hopefully group of future friends while Valentine gets treated as the Zoidberg of the group.
  • I'm don't support Nadia/Cerebella but I do like the idea of them setting up Feng and Minnette.

Squigly loves swimming with Minette, and since she doesn't have to breathe she can spend long amounts of time in water. Leviathan on the other hand, can hold his breath for less than 20 seconds. Additionally, when Sister Agatha gets bored she gives herself gills and joins them.

Has this been done before:

The unique shards of Theonite Issac found are either shards of Aeon's Parasite, Khronos, or remnants of Aeon's body itself (If we take in Eliza's Story Mode in account).

• When Umbrella wishes for Marie to be healed, she demands that she stays at the castle and develops a friendship with her, to the point where Umbrella starts calling her mother. And Peacock will start calling Parasoul her niece, much to her annoyance.
  • Speaking of Parasoul and Peacock. There relationship can best be describedwith this:
By the way, is there a shipping thread. Haven't seen one. And if there isn't where should I st one up.

Reactions: CatfishZealot
For some reason, I really like to think Ms.Fortune's top was actually a beanie in somewhat decent condition. It's just that she clawed holes in it.

Not sure if this belongs in Lore Speculation,if it does,I'll move my post there.Or if someone's said this already.
I thought about this for months.Anyways,here's my headcanon involving what goes on in everyone's Story Mode (minus Fukua for obvious reasons,however I will say that when Fukua fights everyone in her Story Mode,they're asleep too).

This is also where the alternate universes theory comes into play.
You know when you fight everyone in Story Mode and you beat them?That's the end of their story,even at the start of their story.They no longer go after the Skull Heart depending on how bad they're hurt.That's it.The person you're playing as stops the other characters from heading to the Grand Cathedral after the fight.And some parts of the other character's stories connect,but each story is set in an alternative universe,which explains how some stories or sort of intertwined,but at the same time not.
One where they win and go on to fight the Skullgirl and either destroy,retrieve,or make a wish with the Skull Heart,and one where they lose and probably give up and go to Yu-Wan's or Madman's Cafe to get food or something.

That's all I got.

(This was originally posted in the "Weird or Unusual" headcanon thread, but someone told me that this was a more appropriate place to put this stuff...)

- Vice Versa has a faux form of "Superstrength". It's actually "tactile telekinesis"... as in, it has telekinetic control over whatever it touches. Not only this, but it also has a telekinetic shield that envelops both it and its user, so that the two act like one body. This is why Cerebella is so durable, and why her neck hasn't snapped from carrying two elephants or from performing other such stunts. But Vice Versa is a "telekinetic amplifier". It only works properly with the strong-minded (though users do not need to have telekinesis in order to operate Vice Versa).
- Double is composed entirely of hyper-unstable stem cells.
- The health meter for Painwheel, Ms. Fortune, and possibly Double only represents their stamina. They regenerate at an alarming rate, but this takes from their energy. Hit them enough times, and they'll grow so tired that they can barely stand or keep themselves together, simply from all the regenerating they're doing. That will be their knock-out.
- Parasoul's salty side exists. It hides beneath an onion-skin-thin veneer of rationality, which she is desperately trying to hold together.
- Yu-Wan had adopted Nadia from the streets when she was just 4 years old. She stopped by frequently, begging for scraps.
- Yu-Wan had adopted Minette as an egg he found dropped at his doorstep, a few months after adopting Ms. Fortune. She grew alongside Ms. Fortune like a sister. This is why the two of them are so close.
- Yu-Wan instilled a hard-working spirit in both Minette and Nadia.
- Nadia's original hair color was dark brown. She commonly dyed it orange, before the Incident.
- The Fishbone Gang were regular Dak'kuul Dubu customers, with whom Nadia became enthralled with. They eventually let her come along on some of their excursions. Nadia's outfit during that time was the outfit from the original concept art for Ms. Fortune.
- Nadia is... mentally unsound. Her pun-making came around as a coping mechanism for the extreme trauma she experienced during the Incident. One such result was adding on the name "Fortune" after the Incident.
- Nadia is a crime-fighter. She doesn't only beat up Medici goons in her spare time.
- Nadia couldn't speak for a day or two after the Incident, as her vocal cords hadn't healed yet.
- While Nadia occasionally stops off at Dak'kuul Dubu to say "hi", she has to stay away from the place, lest the Medicis track her connections and use them as leverage against her. This is why that one day Nadia actually visited Dak'kuul Dubu in broad daylight, when Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber (Lawrence and Riccardo) came around, and she stopped them from messing with Minette, Minette winds up getting captured that very night, along with many of her "half-sisters"... (I believe the River King had many different children with many different kinds of humans/Dagonians... how else could they look so different?)
- Nadia now commonly eats at Madman's Cafe. The food there is superb, but she still reiterates that Yu-Wan's food can't be beat.
- While Minette would always be happy to see Nadia whenever she came around, she secretly thinks and sincerely feels that Nadia had abandoned her. Minette doesn't realize that Nadia keeps away for both their own good.
- Of course Dagonians eat fish. They're not fish themselves... they only resemble fish. Ignorant humans are shocked by this.
- The River King, progenitor of the Dagonian race, is an immortal former human known as "Davy Jones". He somehow became part fish as part of his becoming immortal. His symbol is the Alabaster Shell, which is also an accessory that is carried by all of the children of the River King. So far, only Minette has been seen wearing one.
- When Nadia was six years old, she stated that she wanted to marry a "fishman" (Dagonian) when she grew up, so that she could rear little catfish babies.
- Minette owns a moped. Freaky fast delivery, anyone?
- Those scales on Minette's arms are sleeves to some pretty snazzy clothing she's wearing.
- Nadia is technically not dead. She still follows the four criteria of life:
  1. All life forms contain deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA.
  2. All life forms have a method by which they extract energy from the surroundings and convert it into energy that sustains them.
  3. All life forms can sense changes in their surroundings and respond to those changes.
  4. All life forms reproduce.
- Squigly is technically not dead, but is undergoing severe necrosis. Her brain, most of her muscles, and a few of her major organs still function properly, thanks to the actions of the Lichwurm Theon, Leviathan. The sudden surge of Theonite from the Skullgirl was enough to wake them both from their slumber, but as Squigly wasn't dead to begin with, she didn't become a Skullgirl puppet.
- Marie doesn't control the dead, per se. She only manipulates dead matter... bones, not flesh. In this sense, they pretty much become her puppets, and that's all that's really necessary.
- Eliza's brain is fully intact, and resides inside Sekhmet's skull.
- Sekhmet automatically thrusts away any infected blood. It's thrust away from her in a fashion similar to magnetic repellence. Hmm...
- The Skull Heart is not a supernatural object, as some would claim, even if it "grants" wishes and has a mind of its own. However, it does seem to be a great source of Theonite, concentrated into one little object. As Theonite is a strange substance of unknown potential, with very little research conducted for it, many would think that it truly is supernatural. I'm thinking of that "wish-granting demon" from the Devil May Cry anime, who denied wishes with excuses, until they wished for something which could be interpreted as a death wish. Also refer to Peacock's unused alternate ending. Basically, the Skull Heart can only accept wishes that can granted based on Theonite's properties (i.e. mind control, ultimate power, immortality, etc.), which the wisher herself can enact as the Skullgirl, as she then becomes a source of Theonite, from bonding with the Skull Heart. That "pure heart" clause is a load of baloney. Everyone loses. It's just like selling your soul to the Devil.
- Theonite's power, although great and versatile, is limited.
- The Skullgirl's flesh rapidly deteriorates due to overexposure to Theonite.

How's that for headcanon?

Reactions: Cheesedragon
I've got some headcanons for everyone's favorite April Fools joke!

Fukua's hair is literally goo shaped into hair. But it's incredibly stiff and styling it is pretty much impossible.

She has no idea that her body is slowly deteriorating.

The two souls that inhabit Fukua can swap places, kind of like what happens in a certain anime about card games.

At the end of Fukua's story mode, when she wears Filia's face like a mask, not only is it a way to "become" Filia, it's also a trophy of sorts. Why? Because when the assassin was alive, she'd take something from the victim as a twisted little keepsake.

The reason why Fukua fights everyone in her story mode is because she's traveling through their dreams.

Cheat Code Fukua still exists... as a more stablized clone. Brain Drain's going to release her when normal Fukua deteriorates for good.

That's all for now.

I like to believe that Big Band, while he was still a cop, had a little dog named Splanky (named after the Count Basie tune). The horn he uses in some attacks is a squeak toy he got for him.

Headcanon time!

- The name of the planet where Skullgirls takes place is named "Hecatia"... named after Hecate, the three-faced goddess of magic, in our Greek Mythology. Based off of the fact that that world is ruled by three goddesses. Sounded better in my head, but it still makes some sense.

Alright, now it's time for AU Headcanon! :D

- There is an alternate post-apocalyptic universe that's also offset by five years in proportion to the canon Skullgirls universe. The apocalypse happens when the Skullgirl snaps and successfully decimates the population of the world. Roles change, priorities shift, and uneasy alliances are forged. The new cast:

Current age: 14
Also known as "Hanna the Headstrong". When she was 9, her parents were killed when the Skullgirl snapped and went on a rampage. The current head of the Medici Mafia, Talia Medici, witnessed these events and adopted Hanna, taking the girl under her wing, and making her into the current Cerebella. Vice-Versa endured much through the next five years, but worked the same as always. Changed pattern scheme from black diamonds to black stripes.

Note: Infamous for her mule-stubborn attitude and "fight and ask questions later" policy.
Current age: 23

The current head of the Medici Mafia, and the original Cerebella. When the Skullgirl went on a rampage, Lorenzo and Vitale Medici died in the chaos that ensued. Cerebella watched as Vitale breathed his last. She left the circus about two weeks afterward, hanging up Vice-Versa and her Cerebella identity, due to depression caused by the traumatic experience. Cerebella eventually found documents for a name change and a will, signed by none other than the late Vitale Medici, naming one Talia "Cerebella" Medici as the next-in-line. Over the next five years, she quickly grew into her role, commanding the mafia with clenched fists and an iron will. Realizing the situation at hand, Talia eventually bargained with Parasoul Renoir to drop all charges against the mafia in return for their protection of New Meridian, now an oasis in a desolate wasteland. She also took a girl under her wing, who is training to fill the shoes (or rather, boots) of Cerebella. Talia now helps to govern New Meridian alongside Parasoul.

Note:
The situation at hand forced Talia and Parasoul to quickly cast aside their differences and align themselves with each other. They eventually became the best of friends.
Current age: 12-13

Parasoul's little sister, Umbrella. She was bitten by an animated rat skeleton that carried a lethal venom, and was saved by Dr. Avian when he crafted the Peacock Matrix from her living weapon, Hungern. While they were able to save her life, she lost almost all sense of emotion and barely remembers anything from her past, other than that Parasoul is her guardian. Over the next five years, A.R.G.U.S. trained to harness and refine her powers as a living superweapon.

Note:
The wiki does not state an exact age for Umbrella, but does suggest she's 10-11 years old. I believed she was closer to 7-8 years old, so that's what I'm going off of.
Current age: 30
Also known as Commander Parasoul. Head of the Burning Angels Legion, the army of men and women that go out from New Meridian to combat the Skullgirl. As far as she knows, fire is one of the most effective tools to use against the Skullgirl. Many past experiences caused her to become jaded and bitter, such as learning from a tortured Double that the Skull Heart was created by the trio of goddesses known as "The Trinity" to destroy mankind, or watching her second-in-command, Adam Kapowski, die in front of her, from a lethal rat skeleton bite. The last straw was seeing the dramatic changes her little sister had gone through, after the doctors successfully saved her. She lost faith in this "Trinity" and promptly discarded her cross necklace.

Note:
Shown here is Seraph leaning on her weaponized umbrella, Krieg. Not shown here are Krieg's evolved form, known as Blitzkrieg (a cleaver sword that uses lightning, and fire ), and an MP 40 submachine gun she now carries.
Current age: 21
The long lost Medici heiress, whose mind is now one with that of the super-mutated Parasite Samson. Over the next five years, Samson became even more formless and eventually enveloped Filia's entire body, their minds melding into one, so it was as though they were one in being. This creature responds to the name Filia, speaks with Filia's voice (albeit a more growly version) and still identifies herself as a female. They wander the wastelands, always looking for their next meal.

Note:
It's unknown how they wound up wandering the desert wastelands in the first place. Also, Samson is now pitch black, rather than purple.
Current age: 32
The sole survivor of a division of warrior nurses, trained in special-forces combat and equipped with advanced healing technology so that they could keep soldiers alive while on the battlefield (think TF2 Medic... almost). The Skullgirl wiped out her entire squadron and spared Valentine, as she saw that Valentine posed no threat to her overwhelming might. Over the next five years, the medical sergeant slipped deeper and deeper into a depression, maintaining her sanity only with self-discipline and a strict regimen, which included exercise and maintenance of herself and everything else in the now abandoned base, as though it were to receive a fresh new squadron. Valentine developed a major obsessive compulsive disorder from this. There were always times where the depression got the better of her, so she turned to morphine. She eventually found a starved coywolf in the desert, whom she took in and trained into a guard dog.

Note:
Valentine's equipment is now fitted more for military combat. Instead of a bone saw, she now uses a special machete that can slice easily through bone. She even uses conventional weapons, such as tactical knives, semi-automatic pistols, an automatic rifle, a pump-action shotgun, and a side-by-side double-barreled shotgun. Also, she equips herself with Berserk Syringes, which temporarily increase her strength tenfold and temporarily grant her amazing regeneration capabilities, but also temporarily wreck her sanity. Of course, she gains back her sanity as the effects of the Berserk Syringes wear off.
And others, whom I haven't bothered to give a description for... yet...

- There is yet another AU where the Skullgirls universe takes place in a not-too-distant-from-our-future cyber age. It operates much like our world... various actual religions (including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) are present alongside the new religion presented by Skullgirls (which is worship of the trio of goddesses we know as "The Trinity"), some squabbles between countries are happening, and the Skullgirl and Skull Heart, central things to the new religion of Skullgirls, have faded into myth, legend, and folklore. So, there have been no Skullgirl sightings in the past couple millennia. Roles and stuff change there too.

I suppose that's all I have for now...

Last edited:
Headcanon time!

- The name of the planet where Skullgirls takes place is named "Hecatia"... named after Hecate, the three-faced goddess of magic, in our Greek Mythology. Based off of the fact that that world is ruled by three goddesses. Sounded better in my head, but it still makes some sense.

Alright, now it's time for AU Headcanon! :D

- There is an alternate post-apocalyptic universe that's also offset by five years in proportion to the canon Skullgirls universe. The apocalypse happens when the Skullgirl snaps and successfully decimates the population of the world. Roles change, priorities shift, and uneasy alliances are forged. The new cast:

Current age: 14
Also known as "Hanna the Headstrong". When she was 9, her parents were killed when the Skullgirl snapped and went on a rampage. The current head of the Medici Mafia, Talia Medici, witnessed these events and adopted Hanna, taking the girl under her wing, and making her into the current Cerebella. Vice-Versa endured much through the next five years, but worked the same as always. Changed pattern scheme from black diamonds to black stripes.

Note: Infamous for her mule-stubborn attitude and "fight and ask questions later" policy.
Current age: 23

The current head of the Medici Mafia, and the original Cerebella. When the Skullgirl went on a rampage, Lorenzo and Vitale Medici died in the chaos that ensued. Cerebella watched as Vitale breathed his last. She left the circus about two weeks afterward, hanging up Vice-Versa and her Cerebella identity, due to depression caused by the traumatic experience. Cerebella eventually found documents for a name change and a will, signed by none other than the late Vitale Medici, naming one Talia "Cerebella" Medici as the next-in-line. Over the next five years, she quickly grew into her role, commanding the mafia with clenched fists and an iron will. Realizing the situation at hand, Talia eventually bargained with Parasoul Renoir to drop all charges against the mafia in return for their protection of New Meridian, now an oasis in a desolate wasteland. She also took a girl under her wing, who is training to fill the shoes (or rather, boots) of Cerebella. Talia now helps to govern New Meridian alongside Parasoul.

Note:
The situation at hand forced Talia and Parasoul to quickly cast aside their differences and align themselves with each other. They eventually became the best of friends.
Current age: 12-13

Parasoul's little sister, Umbrella. She was bitten by an animated rat skeleton that carried a lethal venom, and was saved by Dr. Avian when he crafted the Peacock Matrix from her living weapon, Hungern. While they were able to save her life, she lost almost all sense of emotion and barely remembers anything from her past, other than that Parasoul is her guardian. Over the next five years, A.R.G.U.S. trained to harness and refine her powers as a living superweapon.

Note:
The wiki does not state an exact age for Umbrella, but does suggest she's 10-11 years old. I believed she was closer to 7-8 years old, so that's what I'm going off of.
Current age: 30
Also known as Commander Parasoul. Head of the Burning Angels Legion, the army of men and women that go out from New Meridian to combat the Skullgirl. As far as she knows, fire is one of the most effective tools to use against the Skullgirl. Many past experiences caused her to become jaded and bitter, such as learning from a tortured Double that the Skull Heart was created by the trio of goddesses known as "The Trinity" to destroy mankind, or watching her second-in-command, Adam Kapowski, die in front of her, from a lethal rat skeleton bite. The last straw was seeing the dramatic changes her little sister had gone through, after the doctors successfully saved her. She lost faith in this "Trinity" and promptly discarded her cross necklace.

Note:
Shown here is Seraph leaning on her weaponized umbrella, Krieg. Not shown here are Krieg's evolved form, known as Blitzkrieg (a cleaver sword that uses lightning, and fire ), and an MP 40 submachine gun she now carries.
Current age: 21
The long lost Medici heiress, whose mind is now one with that of the super-mutated Parasite Samson. Over the next five years, Samson became even more formless and eventually enveloped Filia's entire body, their minds melding into one, so it was as though they were one in being. This creature responds to the name Filia, speaks with Filia's voice (albeit a more growly version) and still identifies herself as a female. They wander the wastelands, always looking for their next meal.

Note:
It's unknown how they wound up wandering the desert wastelands in the first place. Also, Samson is now pitch black, rather than purple.
Current age: 32
The sole survivor of a division of warrior nurses, trained in special-forces combat and equipped with advanced healing technology so that they could keep soldiers alive while on the battlefield (think TF2 Medic... almost). The Skullgirl wiped out her entire squadron and spared Valentine, as she saw that Valentine posed no threat to her overwhelming might. Over the next five years, the medical sergeant slipped deeper and deeper into a depression, maintaining her sanity only with self-discipline and a strict regimen, which included exercise and maintenance of herself and everything else in the now abandoned base, as though it were to receive a fresh new squadron. Valentine developed a major obsessive compulsive disorder from this. There were always times where the depression got the better of her, so she turned to morphine. She eventually found a starved coywolf in the desert, whom she took in and trained into a guard dog.

Note:
Valentine's equipment is now fitted more for military combat. Instead of a bone saw, she now uses a special machete that can slice easily through bone. She even uses conventional weapons, such as tactical knives, semi-automatic pistols, an automatic rifle, a pump-action shotgun, and a side-by-side double-barreled shotgun. Also, she equips herself with Berserk Syringes, which temporarily increase her strength tenfold and temporarily grant her amazing regeneration capabilities, but also temporarily wreck her sanity. Of course, she gains back her sanity as the effects of the Berserk Syringes wear off.
And others, whom I haven't bothered to give a description for... yet...

- There is yet another AU where the Skullgirls universe takes place in a not-too-distant-from-our-future cyber age. It operates much like our world... various actual religions (including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) are present alongside the new religion presented by Skullgirls (which is worship of the trio of goddesses we know as "The Trinity"), some squabbles between countries are happening, and the Skullgirl and Skull Heart, central things to the new religion of Skullgirls, have faded into myth, legend, and folklore. So, there have been no Skullgirl sightings in the past couple millennia. Roles and stuff change there too.

I suppose that's all I have for now...

Intresting take and while I feel it would be a cool idea as its own story the whole post apocalypse and the other one that takes place in our world doesn't feel very "Skullgirls" like even for an AU

I feel like the charm of SG is the fact it's built up on its own story lore and I personally don't like fictional stories set in the real world.

And as for the post apocalypse you seem like your writing your own story, which granted you can, but it feels like your inserting SG characters into a completely different story.

I swear I've read some of those on DeviantArt somewhere...
They are on my deviantART as well. :)

Intresting take and while I feel it would be a cool idea as its own story the whole post apocalypse and the other one that takes place in our world doesn't feel very "Skullgirls" like even for an AU
Sure, it may not feel so much like the original Skullgirls, but that's the point. That's the beauty of making alternate dimensions. You can do whatever you want. The characters are much more malleable in that way. Anything's possible. :)

I feel like the charm of SG is the fact it's built up on its own story lore and I personally don't like fictional stories set in the real world.
That's the charm of the canon. This is my charm in the fanon. :)

It's not taking place in the real world, but the setting is very similar to ours. The conflicts will be quite similar to those of our world, and I can more easily justify some of the changes and explanations given to many of the characters.

And as for the post apocalypse you seem like your writing your own story, which granted you can, but it feels like your inserting SG characters into a completely different story.
Um... yes... I'm writing my own story. Isn't that kinda the point of headcanon/fanfiction?

I like looking at characters from different perspectives. I love "what if" questions.

- What if Parasoul lost faith in the Trinity?
- What if Last Hope was actually an elite military squad, rather than a black-ops group? What if Valentine was a Medical Sergeant?
- What if Cerebella suddenly became the head of the Medici Mafia?
- What if the Skullgirl was bound to the Skull heart for so long, she became a lich?
- What if Umbrella underwent the operation that Peacock in the canon story underwent?
- What if the Skullgirl became so unstably powerful that she broke free of the Trinity's control?
- What if an event occurred that was so catastrophic, that the Renoirs and the Medicis would need to forge an uneasy alliance in order to survive?
- What if Valentine suffered severe survivors' guilt after the Skullgirl massacres her team, and turns to morphine to cope?
- What if Ms. Fortune's dismemberment was much crueler and more inhumane (as in... well... no cutting devices were involved)? What if it was so brutal, she became more beast than person (in mentality), simply from the extreme trauma incurred?

This is the kind of stuff I like. What's beautiful about the whole shebang is how each of them ties in with one another.

Last edited:
What if Cerebella developed some brain cells and actually thought before she acted? So much of her story thread would have changed...

What if Cerebella developed some brain cells and actually thought before she acted? So much of her story thread would have changed...

You trying to say something boy.....

A willingness to negotiate would change so many story modes... but then again, it's a setting with a focus on getting characters to fight. "Hey let's talk this out" is only practical in battle for Phoenix Wright. Still, off the top of my head:
  • Cerebella to Fortune: "Look, I don't want to hurt you, but if you keep making threats like that, I don't have any choice. Idea! Skullheart, can you harmlessly remove the Life Gem from Crazy Pants here so I can deliver it to my husbando boss? I just don't want to hurt anybody."
  • Bella to Eliza: "Okay, you're a lot stronger than I expected... and ickier... seriously, that's really gross, how long do your lackeys spend cleaning up this place...? Point being, what exactly do you want? We can work something out. Make this easier and more beneficial for everyone without making any more mess... geez, I can see that bird guy is already getting out a mop..."
  • Filia: "I want to know more about my past, don't you think I should, you know, ask some questions besides 'Who are you?' How do I even know my way around this city? Or how to read? Who is John G. anyway, and why am I so concerned about his lies?"
  • Valentine: "Hey, Lab 8, put on your best 'fake your own death' faces, things are going to get rough in a bit and you'll want to lay low for a while. Maybe go hide some weapons in conveniently placed chests for other heroes to use in their quest."
  • Marie: "Hm, I want to exact vengeance on the planet while satisfying the Heart's bloodshed. It's not like there's a land of perpetual war or something where I can hunt after the slavers who ruined me. Nope, collateral damage for everyone!"
  • Painwheel: "I WANT A PUPPY!!!"
When's Reasonable Debate Girls?