• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

Bz__KqgIIAIPh8-.png:large

New vehicle in the first DLC pack - the Master Cycle.

We Epona Cycle now.

edit: also official artwork for Isabelle and Villager
Bz__zSkIMAA3T0O.png

I like that they did the new bike's art in Skyward Sword's style, but I would rather just see it in-game.

Can we talk about what this means though?

Okay, so this means Zelda, FZero and Animal Crossing are all canon to Mario, DK and Yoshi's universes.

Pokemon is a game in Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem is a game in Mario, meaning that they exist as games in that world.

Kid Icarus Uprising proves that all those are games in his world and that it's connected to Metroid (Komaytos), which is connected to Kirby (Dreamland 3's Samus cameo).

So the universe hierarchy for Nintendo is:
KI/Kirby/Metroid/ROB are the highest Nintendo Universe.
Mario/AC/Zelda/F-Zero are games for them.
Pokemon/FE is a game for THEM.

JESUS

so fire emblem is a game in the paper mario universe
which isn't canon to the normal mario universe

get your shit together tanner

Not to mention the fact that he's trying to bring "canon" into Mario games

Ruin, get his shit together

There is a canon to Mario though

It just gets weird with the "Where Mario dies" timeline that starts the Paper Mario Series

Just wait till I bring out the Koopa family tree!

Linking Fire Emblem 7 with the Mario Kart Double Dash bonus disc allowed you to get some special items in the former

so there's something there???????? I dunno. All I know is that's the only way you get to see Saint Elimine's beautiful face.

I like how Link is using the treasured Hylian shield as a bike stand.

Also didn't Link and Samus make a cameo in Super Mario RPG?

Can we talk about what this means though?

Okay, so this means Zelda, FZero and Animal Crossing are all canon to Mario, DK and Yoshi's universes.

Pokemon is a game in Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem is a game in Mario, meaning that they exist as games in that world.

Kid Icarus Uprising proves that all those are games in his world and that it's connected to Metroid (Komaytos), which is connected to Kirby (Dreamland 3's Samus cameo).

So the universe hierarchy for Nintendo is:
KI/Kirby/Metroid/ROB are the highest Nintendo Universe.
Mario/AC/Zelda/F-Zero are games for them.
Pokemon/FE is a game for THEM.

JESUS
Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but Mario Kart, since the beginning has been a spin-off of Mario. Much like Mario Golf :/

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but Mario Kart, since the beginning has been a spin-off of Mario. Much like Mario Golf :/

Naw it's canon, it fits into the "Mario dies in Super Mario Sunshine and is reincarnated into a kart driving champion in the next world" timeline.

This Excitebike track makes me think about the times my brother and I play the original game. The track and the music are awesome.

I wonder what the times trials records for that are gonna be...

They confirmed that it's not randomized for Time Trials, just like how Toad's Turnpike uses the "basic" car set instead of one of the random ones.

turn the friends into food

I think you missed the Kirby thread

maybe you should not take mario games so seriously

Wonder about characters isn't that bad.

Trust me, the Mario fandom can go DEEP

Mario_Fan_Character_Contest_by_Min_27.png

Back