• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

It looks like Super Hexagon won the vote.
Meh, and without it cheap game won. What a mess.

Wait...
...Left 4 Dead 2 is free?
Oh no.
Oh god No.
Bye Steam Servers.
It was nice knowing you

Yup, been dead for me all day.
Can't even check the news on the Skullgirls updates that were added today.

Okay, that's fine, Steam. I guess I didn't want KOFXIII that badly after all.

Whatever.

Reactions: PureYeti
Left 4 Dead 2 is free, steam is now dead.

That's a hell of a christmas present. Praise be Gaben.

I decided to pick up Bastion for under $3.

I hope its good. People told me its good.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I decided to pick up Bastion for under $3.

I hope its good. People told me its good.

I hope you enjoy it. =D
I personally love the game, thought the story was good, the music was great, combat was fun and was easily worth more than what I paid for so for under $3 is a steal I think.

I haven't finished the game, but of what I have played, I really enjoyed Bastion. I know some people who didn't care for the gameplay, but the aesthetic, music, and narrator voice are all wonderful.

Got a $50 Steam voucher for Christmas, so far bought Duke Nukem Forever and Guacamelee, trying to decide what to spend the rest on.

I know I already recommended it when it came out, but I must reiterate: try the Teslagrad demo, and please buy the game if you like it. The game is utterly fantastic, and one of the best puzzle games I have played in a long time.

I just finished what is currently my single favorite section of the game so far:

Gameplay Spoiler (no plot or story spoilers)
I got in a giant hamster ball, and I used the power of magnetism and the game's accurate physics, to ride in it through loop-de-loops, jumps, and electric traps! I WAS WALL RUNNING IN A GIANT HAMSTER BALL BY USING THE POWER OF MAGNETS!!!

I strongly recommend Bioshock. Best scenario and atmosphere i've seen in years! decent plot and voice acting too!

Reactions: ChronoThanatos
Gunpoint's fun but really really really short (like about 2 hours or so). It does have a level editor though (although, being made in Game Maker, the level editor is lacking in things like brushes to place down multiple objects), but doesn't have native Steam Workshop support so you'll have to manually copy+paste people's level codes into the game.

Still waiting for Papers, Please!
I watched some of this on 8wayrun's stream and it looks hilarious.

also next sale is a vote between injustice, kof & divekick.

now that's an interesting choice.

So... Mortal Kombat is on sale. Yes? No? Should Cyanide buy it? I wish Injustice was knocked down a bit more... I'm short five dollars.

Personally I'm not a fan of the more recent mortal wombat games, they feel a little stiff for my taste and you don't see many people playing it since IJ came out. That's not to say that it's a particularly bad game, though.

I'm a little disappointed that KOF didn't get the vote, though.

Reactions: Hyperaxe1

I was facepalming really hard when I saw that Divekick got more votes than KoFXIII....

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Personally I'm not a fan of the more recent mortal wombat games, they feel a little stiff for my taste and you don't see many people playing it since IJ came out. That's not to say that it's a particularly bad game, though.

That's because MK is a bad game. This is coming from someone who's main game is MK.

Isn't the Multiplayer for that Local Only?
Wish it wasn't....
I didn't even know it had multiplayer until you posted this! I assumed it was single-player only. Regardless, I'm probably not going to do the multiplayer, because that would require trusting people.

I didn't even know it had multiplayer until you posted this! I assumed it was single-player only. Regardless, I'm probably not going to do the multiplayer, because that would require trusting people.
I guess you could Hamachi that shit up but yeah chances are they'd drop you like a bag of bricks.

Hamachi. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

So, I tried Spelunky.

After completing the tutorial levels, in which I died numerous times, I began my very first level, for real.

I died in 8 seconds. I think I'm going to like this game :)

Reactions: Jutsei
I doubt it, it's such a basic way of connecting people that it should still be useful to people. It's just that I last used it back in 2004, IIRC.

I fucking caved and bought Mortal Kombat of all games to buy. I feel as if I'm going to regret it... well... if I bought SFxT then I'm sure this wasn't that bad of a choice.

I fucking caved and bought Mortal Kombat of all games to buy. I feel as if I'm going to regret it... well... if I bought SFxT then I'm sure this wasn't that bad of a choice.
Mortal Kombat 9 is awesome, really.
I'm just waiting for them to make MK10.

IF we get Injustice 2 first heads are gonna roll.