• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliza, duh.

I swear I'm kidding.

IcKqjaC.png

Welp.

Edit :
lcnJRqb.png

Last edited:
So if everything came out right on time we'd have Eliza by EVO and Beowulf by mid fall? That would be fantastic but I'm going to be a pessimist and expect her to show up later than that.

So if everything came out right on time we'd have Eliza by EVO and Beowulf by mid fall? That would be fantastic but I'm going to be a pessimist and expect her to show up later than that.

That sounds like the best policy honestly, remain hopeful for the best but plan for the worst, as the saying goes.

So my initial exception was ridiculous then.

Well, it wasn't that ridiculous, if she does get done by then it would only be about 6 and a half weeks which honestly isn't nearly as much as it might sound like, on top of the fact she'll be playable in beta before that time.

Well, it wasn't that ridiculous, if she does get done by then it would only be about 6 and a half weeks which honestly isn't nearly as much as it might sound like, on top of the fact she'll be playable in beta before that time.
OH WAIT, That's for completion? I was expecting her in Beta this month, well moreso because it's my birthday this month annnddddd I wanna be spoiled by Ojou-sama.

OH WAIT, That's for completion? I was expecting her in Beta this month, well moreso because it's my birthday this month annnddddd I wanna be spoiled by Ojou-sama.

Well, he said "submitted for testing" which I guess could mean different things depending on your interpretation of it but I am pretty sure she'll be in beta within the next few weeks, I don't see it taking until Evo before she's actually in the beta with how many normals are already in the test builds, they weren't all timed and didn't all have hit boxes yet but a large portion of the basic ground attacks were done like the punches and kicks while standing and crouching.

Well, he said "submitted for testing" which I guess could mean different things depending on your interpretation of it but I am pretty sure she'll be in beta within the next few weeks, I don't see it taking until Evo before she's actually in the beta with how many normals are already in the test builds, they weren't all timed and didn't all have hit boxes yet but a large portion of the basic ground attacks were done like the punches and kicks while standing and crouching.
I believe in Mike Z

Well Mike said Eliza will be ready for beta when she has the throw functional.

Also I guess Beowulf will be easier to make, I mean I don't expect a lot of transformations attacks from him, unless he has normals with or without the chair.

Reactions: Skymin50
Well Mike said Eliza will be ready for beta when she has the throw functional.

Also I guess Beowulf will be easier to make, I mean I don't expect a lot of transformations attacks from him, unless he has normals with or without the chair.
That'll basically be editing (I doubt they're fucking redrawing his entire walk/jump cycles.) or having command normals like Parasoul or Squigly, tbh.

That'll basically be editing (I doubt they're fucking redrawing his entire walk/jump cycles.) or having command normals like Parasoul or Squigly, tbh.

Yeah I guess so, also maybe he brings items like the that giant arm of the artwork for some normals or a super.

Also it will be neat if they can add "havoc" to the chair for epic randomness.

Yeah I guess so, also maybe he brings items like the that giant arm of the artwork for some normals or a super.

Havoc?

What is that even?

It is a physics engine.
As a Halo fan I'm ashamed of myself for not immediately recognizing the name.
In my defense it's actual spelling is Havok.

Can Lab Zero even use such an engine in the context of Skullgirls?

As a Halo fan I'm ashamed of myself for not immediately recognizing the name.
In my defense it's actual spelling is Havok.

Can Lab Zero even use such an engine in the context of Skullgirls?
Well the Z engine is very versatile soooo.

Probably not. Don't they just draw over 3-D models for the more stationary weapons?

Could you imagine how many frames they would need to draw for an accurate representation of the engine? Probably more than Cerebella.

What if they just straight up use a 3D model? Sure it would look totally out of place but theoretically it could work.

This isn't Eliza talk though, I can feel the The Man's eyes on me right now.

Reactions: Killjoy
Speak of the devil.
So yeah, back on topic, I wonder what her Ammet based move is gonna be? I feel like she'll have a level 3 with it, simular to Samson and Leviathan since they have connections.

See I knew it! They're always watching bro, trying to keep us in the system maaaaan.

I have a feeling that one of Eliza's supers will involve Sekhmet taking a huge and more bestial form for a moment. Samson and Leviathan, the only other "True Parasites" do that for their level 3.

See I knew it! They're always watching bro, trying to keep us in the system maaaaan.

I have a feeling that one of Eliza's supers will involve Sekhmet taking a huge and more bestial form for a moment. Samson and Leviathan, the only other "True Parasites" do that for their level 3.

Makes sense. But what would she do? I'm not sure shes the type to launch a large projectile from her mouth.

A Blood Geyser, or anything else involving a huge amount of blood.

what if giant blood foot stomp accompanied with a farting noise

Reactions: DDB
Maybe a swarm of blood locusts, or a bloody Nile could flow over the opponent, leaving them in a crumpled state?

I think a flood would be the most likely scenario, I'd like it to be in slow motion as a reference to the Elevator Scene from The Shining.

I think a flood would be the most likely scenario, I'd like it to be in slow motion as a reference to the Elevator Scene from The Shining.
Or a giant sphinx/lioness considering who Sekhmet is.

Reactions: Denizen
It starts July 11, so about 2 months.
So, in two months they will be submitting the character for testing? I'm not very knowledgeable in these things but when the term "submitted for testing" is used, it means such a thing, right? A beta release doesn't go through such formalities.
Well, it's remarkably sooner than I had expected, especially considering we haven't seen anything of the character's unique trait. But then again, the palette stream and the Salty! unveil well proved Lab Zero doesn't stream every single thing they do and at this point, Eliza has more moves and finished frames than Mr Birdland when he hit the beta.

So yeah, back on topic, I wonder what her Ammet based move is gonna be?
According to Maji, Ammit is among the concepts but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be in the game. Hopefully I'm wrong but it is noteworthy that Eliza's specials moves so far don't seem to have any particular references (unless you're willing to count A&H as such).

Side note, I'm expecting the fabled blood hippos to be similar to Midler's convertibles.

I'm not sure shes the type to launch a large projectile from her mouth.
Not to mention that expending what is used to constitute her life force and outward appearance wouldn't be the smartest idea.

[déjà-vus internally]

I saw throw frames! Render said she'll be in the beta soon. It's almost go time people.

I saw throw frames!
Or thrown?
Zone's mummy frame that got the PC Brigade up in arms was shown, both when dragged by Silver Chord and the basic throw while being held by Leviathan before Squigly throws that double punch.

Other than that, there was a very confident confirmation of Eliza for EVO, similarly to the previous Squigly just-for-funsies side tournament. Fair chance she will be available in the beta before that.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Am I late? I just see momocon skullgirls fightin'

Yeah kinda but nothing new was really announced. Couple frames and she has a character select thing now instead of the placeholder cerebella.

Status
Not open for further replies.