• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

They already said that Zant is from a different time period.
So yeah we're definitely getting Time Travel.
What about Bad Future Link, huh?
...wouldn't Agitha also need to use time travel?

It's already been confirmed this is outside Cannon, so the studio has the go ahead to use who and whom ever they want.
And the studio really, really likes twilight princess apparently.
I mean nothing against that, it's not the worst zelda by a long shot, but PLEASE I JUST WANT SKULLKID PLEASE

I mean nothing against that, it's not the worst zelda by a long shot, but PLEASE I JUST WANT SKULLKID PLEASE
There's also a Skullkid in Twilight Princess.
skull_kid__the_legend_of_zelda__by_mrchaabs-d6wdydp.png

Honestly I like him more, puppets are cool.

Ech.
I always prefer the original Skull Kid, I like how their skin is wooden and how they kinda look like a Scarecrow.

If you guys are as much of a concept/official art whore as I am, you might be interested in this. Super high quality character art has been uploaded here

It includes the TP versions of Link and Zelda too. They look a little different than their original and Brawl counterparts.

Woah. Midna looks WAY better than I expected.

Those moves look really fucking cool

More interesting, however, is that the official HW Twitter apparently just tweeted something very interesting...

So interesting I'm going to spoiler it
There is a 98% chance of a new character reveal this week
we fucking ballet battle now son

Fi_Artwork.png

I dunno, I think having her as a dance battler could be cool. At least we know in this game she won't warn us about batteries, dowsing, etc

Like, those were my only two complaints about her. Otherwise I'm cool with her.

Fi wasn't even that bad, I thought she was neat.
I wouldn't mind her playable.
But that would be kinda weird given Link kinda needs the Master Sword.

Well, she can jump out of the sword as her pre-battle animation. And then Link could just use a depowered/generic sword for the map or something just as a skin.

Fi wasn't even that bad, I thought she was neat.
I wouldn't mind her playable.
But that would be kinda weird given Link kinda needs the Master Sword.

My main problem with Fi, which also applies to Navi even though I never had much of a problem with Navi, is that she really discouraged exploration.
Like, her 'Okay we're done here let's move on' and 'Hey, hey, hey, you know you're supposed be going here, right' schtick and, you know, the overall level design, are what made Skyward Sword so linear.

But in an action game where there's less exploration and more tacticion she should be fine. I liked her character design and the CONCEPT of her character just fine.

He's already using a generic sword. I assume that the Master Sword will be his 4th weapon or something similar.
You can see him using the Master Sword in one of the first trailers.

But in an action game where there's less exploration and more tacticion she should be fine. I liked her character design and the CONCEPT of her character just fine.

This is exactly where I lay on this issue.

Now, will we get a double reveal with her like how Midna did?

Like, get a SS level (Skyloft islands plox) and Ghirahim as an enemy?

You can see him using the Master Sword in one of the first trailers.
In all of the actual gameplay we've seen, he uses a Hylian Sword. Check out his trailer on YouTube.

I doubt it's even possible to make good WWE game CAWs representing Skullgirls characters, but I digress.

So, who do you guys think will become playable next?

Here's my take on the next reveal

What I'm expecting:
  • Playable Fi (due to tweet)
  • Skyward Sword inspired stage - Faron Woods?
What I want:
  • Playable Ghirahim
  • Playable Groose
  • Skyward Sword stage based off of the floating islands
  • "Large Boss" of possesed Levias

They said more classic characters, so I'm gonna guess next week we'll get either some OoT or Majora's Mask characters

Other than the obvious Skullkid, and perhaps a Young Link where he uses all of the masks in MM, they kinda have slim pickings for Majora characters.

You know what though? I think, because it's going off of the characters that Japan loves, there's really only one choice for character from MM. Sigh.

Artwork_de_Tingle_(Majora's_Mask).png

Japan loves him.

Sigh.

I don't.

Yeah but what about,
577px-MM_HappyMaskSalesmanChuckle.png

I mean, he knows how to use all the masks that Link uses, and he taught Link how to play the Song of Healing.
And, you know, what better way to represent Majora's MASK with the Happy MASK Salesman whom originally owned it.

You know I would be completely down with that too.
I'd be hype for any Zelda character in this game bECAUSE THEY MADE FUCKING AGITHA WORK.
THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN MAKE A CHARACTER NOT-WORK AT THIS POINT

Yeah but what about,
577px-MM_HappyMaskSalesmanChuckle.png

I mean, he knows how to use all the masks that Link uses, and he taught Link how to play the Song of Healing.
And, you know, what better way to represent Majora's MASK with the Happy MASK Salesman whom originally owned it.

Can you imagine if his attacks had no in-between frames? Like how he phase-shifts in the game?

That'd be awesome, but terrifying. Like also how I imagine he'd look in HD.

Fi, huh.
I'm not really against this, I mean I don't hate Fi but I don't really love her either.
She just always kind of creeped me out because of her lack of arms and her face not face.

Fi, huh.
I'm not really against this, I mean I don't hate Fi but I don't really love her either.
She just always kind of creeped me out because of her lack of arms and her face not face.
Hyrule Historia confirmed she does has arms, they're just covered by that freaky cape thing

I find the lack of arms kinda endearing.

Maybe cause Rin was mai waifu

rin-tezuka.png

Hyrule Historia confirmed she does has arms, they're just covered by that freaky cape thing

Really? I never knew that. And I have two copies of that book.

Endearingness is gone.

Back