• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

OH I forgot something.

Trying to float with j.HK results in jump cancelling it, you can hold it early but I seem to screw this up a lot.

I would love to hear why did the air dash got dished.. Maybe her specials will make air combos more viable, or maybe it's because the air dashes mixups were too good. I'm sure there is a good reason to make the change...
For me, I'm not feeling it.. That simple change makes R. Fortune's fun factor decrease a ton.
Maybe there's a way to keep the air dashes balanced by only limiting to do it only twice in a single combo, maybe doing it would cost you meter/health and since R. Fortune will have the self destruct mechanic (right?) it would make you use it strategically.
I don't know, I'm not the one who makes the game.. It's just my opinion, but I'm not the only one who feels that by removing the air dashes you also remove something that made playing R. Fortune so much fun.

(Also... I loved the beams)

1. instant air dash j.mp too good
2. more differentiation from Ms. Fortune. You want a cat that air dashes play Fortune.
3. No other characters have jump cancels. Therefore it's hype.
4. Robo Fortune is a ZONER
5. this character is only a week old and subject to massive change. Don't get attached to anything.

I want to see the rest of the tools before claiming air dashes or double jumps are better/funner.

After sleeping on it, I kind of like her having a double jump over air dash. Especially since I'm assuming she'll have air projectiles. I'm just gonna wait on the rest of her move set before I get around to how bad her grounded normals are.

laser assists are bae

also is it only supposed to hit the character infront of the beam?

How BAD her grounded normals are? Her normals are amazing. Her light kicks have low range but other than that she has FANTASTIC tools. 2 mediums that are + on block, an armoured 5HP, a deceptive overhead, a slide, many lows.

2HP range though =(

Last edited:
Hold on, I guess I should say, for punishes.

Her mids and heavies are really good. Her lights are really bad imo. I'll muck around with her more tomorrow.

Personally loving the jump cancels so far. Oh and RF's batteries for her flashlight on palette 9 are empty.

Launch, J.LP, J.MK, link J.LP, double jump cancel away J.MK. Burst baits on the very first launch thanks to links and double jump cancels.

Last edited:
Such a cute punish for the bait. :3

I don't like the double jumps and I do think that IAD j.mp was pretty dumb. I would have liked an increase to the frame limit on her airdash, like headless fortune. Really I just like the airdash cancels in skullgirls over jump cancels in anime games.

After playing against mmds and guitalex today, I've noticed that DJCs are kinda cool. She can convert easier from air throw, and cross ups are kinda easier midcombo.
My only problems are the combos looking ugly.
I'm also sad because her normals would be awesome for a rushdown character, if she kept her air dash. She was like a fun Filia.

After playing against mmds and guitalex today, I've noticed that DJCs are kinda cool. She can convert easier from air throw, and cross ups are kinda easier midcombo.
My only problems are the combos looking ugly.
I'm also sad because her normals would be awesome for a rushdown character, if she kept her air dash. She was like a fun Filia.

She could already convert off an airthrow rather easily and she already had a ton of hard-to-react crossups mid combo that are arguably way better than what she can do with the double jump.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the double jump cancels over the airdash cancels but I want to see the rest of her moveset before I pass judgement. IAD j.MP was a little nuts so maybe increasing the minimum airdash height would be necessary if she does go back to ever having an airdash.

I think it would be interesting to see her have both an airdash and a double jump (along with both cancel options), but be limited to only doing one or the other per air time.

I wonder what utility the rest of her specials will bring.

being a zoner most of them will probably not have the greatest COMBO utility, but interesting to see if how we look at her combos changes much.

Also, I know her LP Beam is supposed to be not good frame advantage wise, but the fact that Peacock can full screen punish you with argus ON HIT is kind of lame.

Stuff like Beowulf arm super, val's bypass super/lvl3, and Parasoul's lvl3 can also punish it on hit from more than half screen away. Beowulf's is just a tad bit shy from being a full screen punish.

Last edited:
From my initial impression with the new patch I prefer Robo with air dashes, but I know that subject is highly debated and we have yet to see the rest of her moves. The other thing I have an issue with is the ground shake. It's been reduced to being almost non existent I can hardly even tell she has it. I feel like it was such a small thing to complain about I'm surprised it even got touched.

I hope it goes back to it's full glory I felt it gave her pizzazz.

Reactions: Senjin
i was surprised that robo fortune got double jump instead of air dash.
therefore i can't make a trio that all members have single jump and air jump XD

like this...
double jump and air dash - ms.fortune, peacock, valentine
single jump and air dash - eliza, filia
double jump only - squigly, bigband, cerebella, double, fukua, robo fortune
single jump only - painwheel, parasoul, beowulf

This

makes you sound like this

considering you have NO IDEA what they're gonna do yet.

I knew I should have put it differently, I'm that bad at expressing myself. Sorry, it's just that I like how she's coming up.
Apologies again.

The reason Mike took airdash out is because I was doing crazy stuff with it and beating people with the best rushdown.

On a more serious note, I think he took out airdash because she will eventually become a zoner rather than rash so she is still getting molded into her final form.

I like her with either (though airdash was more fun to rush) but the only thing that is messing me up now is controlling the speed/height with j. HK now jump cancels when I try to float up. But I'm sure there will be a fix for this, I just can't think of a solution yet but I'm thinking hard!

Reactions: erkicman
I like her with either (though airdash was more fun to rush) but the only thing that is messing me up now is controlling the speed/height with j. HK now jump cancels when I try to float up. But I'm sure there will be a fix for this, I just can't think of a solution yet but I'm thinking hard!

Maybe double tap up input instead while having someone in hit/block stun during active frames would help prevent that from happening. Dunno.. or maybe make jump cancel a two button press input like dashing...

Last edited:
No need for any of that. Just make mash j.HK cause you to float upward.

In that case you would have to eliminate default upwards trajectory on j.hk if pressing down. Otherwise they would counteract each other. I guess it would work if you were to do that.

Last edited:
Launch, J.LP, J.MK, link J.LP, double jump cancel away J.MK. Burst baits on the very first launch thanks to links and double jump cancels.

You'd have to be mentally deficient to fall for that.

I like her double jump cancels, the whole point of the DLC characters is to give them things no one else has.

The reason Mike took airdash out is because I was doing crazy stuff with it and beating people with the best rushdown.

On a more serious note, I think he took out airdash because she will eventually become a zoner rather than rash so she is still getting molded into her final form.

I suggested this in the other thread
On robo fortunes jump cancel vs airdash. I feel air dash is more useful but i like the change in gameplay style with the jump cancels. looks cooler too. Go guilty gear representation yay. The only problem i have with the air attack jump cancels is when you try to adjust her j.HK (hella-copter thing) to go upward it makes her jump cancel if you do it after the hit.

Would it be possible to make it so if you are holding HK she won't jump. Kinda like how you can hold HP with Ms.fortune if you don't want to hit her head while headless?

Reactions: Sydoh
Just hold an upward direction while jumping if you want to float up. Is that really that hard or am I missing something?

Just hold an upward direction while jumping if you want to float up. Is that really that hard or am I missing something?
yes you are, if you want to move down then decelerate close to the ground, you can't. You jump cancel.

yes you are, if you want to move down then decelerate close to the ground, you can't. You jump cancel.
ding ding ding

How about hold j.hk to decelerate in any direction?

There's no conceivable issue with mashing to gain altitude. The initial press doesn't have to move you upward, just additional j.HK inputs while you're already spinning. It doesn't overlap with anything, you can steer left and right while doing it, you can stop doing it at will, and it'll probably be fun as hell to do. If you want to do float j.HK, hold the button like now. If you want to move downward, don't mash, just like now. It will even provide an additional movement option because you'll be able to ascend without forcing a double jump!

Reactions: Izzmo
That has to be the silliest suggestion ever. LET'S DO IT~! If i mash super hard I want robo kitty's legs spin faster and faster relative to the mashing.

I'd rather it he hold HK and a direction but that's me.
If this isn't difficult, this is the one that sounds good to me.

Finally got to try her last night, she's a blast to play even without most of her specials and supers. Found some pretty nice resets with the double jump cancels.

Instead of having the hold HK stuff, could it be possible to make it so that a double jump input cannot be input by doing 369 or 147, but allow 157 or 359? (Basically if you started from downback/downforward and rolled the stick to upback/upforward you won't get the double jump, but if you went downback/downforward to neutral to upback/upforward you do get the jump cancel)

Last edited:
I'd almost suggest only jump canceling the last hit of j.hk, but then you couldn't do goofy resets by canceling in the middle of it. So I guess mashing to decelerate might be fun.

The only suggestion I like so far is the hold HK to copter, don't to jump one.

Everything else sounds fiddly or inelegant.

It's up to what Mike feels on the matter, I'll wait for his input.