• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

With all this talk of multiple heads, me and some other people got to thinking about how multiple heads could be applied in gameplay.

What if they functioned like Faust's 236+P?

That being, R. Fortune throws off one of her heads, and a random one pops back up in its place. The thrown head has a special ability that correlates to its appearance. Maybe it slowly walks across the stage ala LK George, maybe it functions as a landmine for whoever steps on it, maybe it regenerates meter when walked over, or maybe it sends a signal to Lab Zero to initiate a laser airstrike!

Such an ability would place emphasis on R. Fortune's headplay just like the regular Fortune, but in an entirely different context. Instead of attacking with the heads directly through puppeting, you have to be smart with them and make the best of the heads you're given to advance on your opponent.

This would also probably work well with the idea someone posted earlier of Fortune's LVL3 being reused as a teleport that damages whoever gets caught in it, also a Faust trademark.
I would love this. A guilty (heh) pleasure of mine is risky characters, so I'd love for this to be Robo's playstyle.

So make her heads like Faust and one of her heads like the Bomb item and I'm set.

Perhaps her claws could detach and scuttle along the ground face-hugger style, detonating proximity charges when they are near an opponent

IIRC, Mike Z or some other staff member said that Robo-Fortune wasn't going to be a puppet character.
applause-3.gif

Not for fighting against Fortunes, but I just can't do the headless combos, though not for lack of trying.

<Sorry if using the GIF makes my post meaner than I intended, it seems like someone could get the wrong idea.>

I hope she has a quote when she dies kinda like Droopy. "Ooooh boy, I'm dead..." XD

Reactions: Lavama
Although I am a huge fan of Skullgirls, Ms. Fortune is not really one of my favorite characters. However, in Guilty Gear I wasn't the Biggest Ky player but loved Robo Ky due to all of his awesome systems and hilarious moves. Does anyone know if Robo Fortune is just going to be Ms fortune with different properties, meters, and supers, or an actual new full character who is only visually similar to the original? I was just wondering if robo was going to be kind of an other clone character, or her own thing.

Expect Robo to be gameplay-wise the same to Ms Fortune as Fukua is to Filia.

@Mike_Z Can you list the inspirations for Robo Fortune just like you did the vote characters, please? This would put a lot in perspective.

I'm pretty sure he made a post outlining that stuff a while ago. Not sure where it is, though.

My one hope for Robo Fortune? That she has the Alisa "Give my head to you as a present then turn around while it explodes" grab from Tekken.

Reactions: Professor Icepick
What's happening everybody who's hype for robofortune ?

Can't wait. I hope Lab Zero really goes nuts and bolts with her.
:PUN:
I see what you did there my friend funny stuff but I hope this threats get more active close to her release

What's happening everybody who's hype for robofortune ?
Dude I am hyped as hell. We need more robo fortune shirts.

Dude I am hyped as hell. We need more robo fortune shirts.
Man I know she doesn't get nearly enough love as she should

For some reason I can't get myself hyped for Eliza, am super hyped for Beowulf, and I don't really know why, but I can't wait to play Robo Fortune. The Hype is real.

I kinda really want to know what her Icon will be, also I hope they add a lot of different stuff and new art because I want her to be paid so that way the team can get a little bit more money, sorry if this is late but Detonation mode sounds awesome. but is Robo-Fortune canon? because She like Fukua is a joke character and Fukua is noncanon

I would like to see robo fortune being canon, in the same way I want Fukua to became canon (no need to create a story mode for her, just inserting her in another character story). Her icon could be Ms. Fortune icon, but with a screw instead of it's eye.

No, Robo has a stage and story

Last edited:
I just want her to be in the game already I hope she isn't like fortune when it comes to that head off because that's the only reason why i don't play her honestly

No, Robo has a stage and story
Her story will be filled with deep contemplation on the nature of mortality and the chaos the skullheart injects into the world. Robo Fortune will fight every member of the cast and ponder both her motivations and those of her opponents. Every fight will be followed by an apology from Robo to her opponents who are fighting out of desperation or misguidance; maybe some words of encouragement. A thorough verbal smack-down awaits her enemies that fight for pleasure or greed.

Of course, since Brain Drain didn't care to install an adequate speech function to match her AI's processing power all she can actually say is "Beep-Boop-Meow"

I just want her to be in the game already I hope she isn't like fortune when it comes to that head off because that's the only reason why i don't play her honestly
I believe they specifically said that she wasn't going to take off her head, at least, in a puppet fashion. Maybe in projectiles, I don't know.

Fukua and Robo-Fortune form a gang called the "Canon Crew" and constantly try to attack main characters to become relevant to the plot. It doesn't matter if they win or not, they're immediately forgotten afterwards, sometimes even in the middle of a battle.

(There was an animation by this guy named Rogerregorroger where that dinosaur and kangaroo from the Tekken series realize they can never be noticed, so they beat up multiple contestants and steal all the prize money to the tournament. That's kind of what I'm imagining what Fukua and Robo-Fortune would do)

I believe they specifically said that she wasn't going to take off her head, at least, in a puppet fashion. Maybe in projectiles, I don't know.
If that's the case I shall be using her then most permanent spot on my team I only have one spot taken honestly

I hope she has a "Omnom-bomb" attack, that is a super. Probably she takes her head off and can roll it or golf it like Fortune does, when it makes contact it begins the "omnnomnom" attack, but explodes at the end. I figure it'd be a risky move, but worth it to pull off.

knowing lab zero it will be everything i hope for....... hopefully lol

Reactions: Arcana
Based off of Mike's previous comment about not having drones in the game yet (and the presence of the multiple rf designs on that particular t-shirt) I feel the obvious answer is rocket powered robofortune heads that fire in sequence.

I'm pretty sure Robo-Fortune is going to have little other than clarification on the bomb mechanic and "This animation might be turned into this move" due to Beowulf being shown off, but more information is still good.

gundam pallets tho.

team gundam with robo and big zam is happening.

Going on a Prt Scr rampage.

EDIT: some screencaps for those who don't want to sit through the video.

adnqyDr.jpg

RQTugdH.png

ZaJ7mwX.png

M5bG5Fg.png

There were other alternate palettes shown, including KOS-MOS and Metal Sonic. In that regard, all I ask for is a Monsoon (MGRR) and Huitzil/Phobos (Darkstalkers) palettes. And keep the Doraemon one. :3

Side note, the moment I saw the reveal illustration, the music just started playing in my head.

Last edited:
KOS-MOS?!

OH FUCK YES GIVE ME TO ME NAO

HYPE EDIT: AIGIS TOO?!

Ohmanohmanohmanohman

#thatwontwork
#emergency
#somedamagesustained
#yourchancesofwinningareminimalatbest
#yoohoo
#overdrive
#myarmor
#herdefenses

#mybackboard

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
gundam pallets tho.

team gundam with robo and big zam is happening.
Parachar too and suddenly the whole team is 3 times faster.