• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

The "no gameplay discussion" rule only applies to the Non-Gameplay Character Discussion sub-forum. We're in gameplay country here so go ham.
According to the rules:
- No Gameplay Speculation for upcoming or released characters
So no discussion for upcoming and, in a surprise twist, even released characters!

According to the rules:
- No Gameplay Speculation for upcoming or released characters
So no discussion for upcoming and, in a surprise twist, even released characters!
You're quoting the rules from here right? That only applies in the Non-Gameplay Character Discussion forum. This thread is located in the gameplay discussion forum so it isn't bound by the same rules.

I would rather people actually talk about what this thread was made for and that rule is hanging by a thread anyways (it's already been repeatedly revised), so just talk about whatever gameplay whatsit you wanted to say.

Reactions: Fumako and dead
I'm assuming they're going to take robo in a completely different direction than fortune, and hopefully it'll add a new dimension to the roster. I think another dedicated zoner might be good, or maybe give her an interesting meter mechanic. There's already a lot of rushdown so hopefully she doesn't go that way.

Are there any archetypes that are missing from SG right now? Because they can really do whatever they want with fortune. Mike takes a lot of inspiration from GG and MvC2, so maybe we'll get a blend of characters from there.

I'm assuming they're going to take robo in a completely different direction than fortune, and hopefully it'll add a new dimension to the roster. I think another dedicated zoner might be good, or maybe give her an interesting meter mechanic. There's already a lot of rushdown so hopefully she doesn't go that way.

Are there any archetypes that are missing from SG right now? Because they can really do whatever they want with fortune. Mike takes a lot of inspiration from GG and MvC2, so maybe we'll get a blend of characters from there.

Read the first post of this topic. She's (probably) getting a Detonation Mode mechanic based off of Robo-Ky's self-destruct super. (As for the rest of her moveset, only the folks at Lab Zero know for now.)

I also distinctly remember Mike mentioning that Robo-Fortune would not be able to detach her head like Ms. Fortune can. In other words, she's not a puppet character.

Reactions: dead
I also distinctly remember Mike mentioning that Robo-Fortune would not be able to detach her head like Ms. Fortune can. In other words, she's not a puppet character.
Does "detach her head like Ms. Fortune" mean that Robo-Fortune can't detach her head period, or does it mean using her head for a projectile or something else and then getting a replacement immediately? I mean if she had more than one robo-head then there could be a lot of supers that came out of that. Like a homage to Tron Bonne's servbot ones, for example.

she'll have things that make use of detachable limbs/head. like alisa's grab from tekken. but not a controllable separate entity

The only archetype that I feel is underrepresented is puppet characters, and unless they use that rat from the concept art, I don't think that's happening. I personally am really hoping for a character with a different meter system similar to Robo-Ky.

The only archetype that I feel is underrepresented is puppet characters, and unless they use that rat from the concept art, I don't think that's happening. I personally am really hoping for a character with a different meter system similar to Robo-Ky.
I don't really think Mike's a big fan of character specific HUD elements, or Lab Zero doesn't have the resources to add a meter that only one character uses, or both. Otherwise we'd have HUD indicators for Beowulf's hype and Squigly's charges and stuff.

Wouldn’t it be enough to have visible indicators on the character/stage, which is what's already in with the examples you mentioned?

Eyes glow differently depending on which meter is loaded up and stuff.

I'm sorry in advance if that's a stupid idea since I have no idea how Robo-Ky works.

I don't really think Mike's a big fan of character specific HUD elements, or Lab Zero doesn't have the resources to add a meter that only one character uses, or both. Otherwise we'd have HUD indicators for Beowulf's hype and Squigly's charges and stuff.
We would also have HUD indicators for how many points I currently have with Bella, and little useless icons for getting an extra life.

I'm sorry in advance if that's a stupid idea since I have no idea how Robo-Ky works.

If I'm not wrong, Robo-Ky also gets his face red when his indicator is full. So yeah maybe something like that?

Wouldn’t it be enough to have visible indicators on the character/stage, which is what's already in with the examples you mentioned?

Eyes glow differently depending on which meter is loaded up and stuff.

Oh yeah, I guess we could.

If I'm not wrong, Robo-Ky also gets his face red when his indicator is full. So yeah maybe something like that?
Nah, that's his heat. He uses stuff he heats up and it powers some of his stuff up. It build up too much and he explodes.
It'd be neat if robo has heat or something similar.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Ooh I see. I always thought the two abilities were connected. No wonder I can't play him for shit

I think, if she were to have her normal attacks be similar/same as Ms. Fortune (with the way Fukua has the same normals as Filia, but different specials)
Maybe they can be like extending wires of here arm. Instead of blood/vein or whatever it is with Ms. Fortunes limb or Launcher attacks per se, it would be wires/coil and probably have different properties or angle. I think that would be a cool concept to have given Robo-Fortunes revealed attributes.

Also, Detonation mode sounds badass!

I don't know if she will have the same normals even, at least not all of them, from what I've heard they're building a complete new character with some re-used animation. Fukua was something MikeZ build because of how Capcom was all like "Brand New Character, so much work!" with Decapre, but I think RoboF is a new character, not a real clone. I mean on the concept art we saw complete new animation which is something Fukua is lacking because of what she's supposed to be. I know she has an extend of new animation, but most of her "new" stuff is scrapped Filia animation.

That being said, you're not far of. She has all these connection ports where Fortune had her scars so it's natural to think she will have a similar gizmo, since of course Brain Drain would want to build something that can use all of Fortune's abilities to an extend. And they totally could use cables instead of Fortunes muscles.

I still have this very cool Robo Fortune-poster hanging next to my desk and it shows a repulsor inside her right palm much like Iron Man, the other hand is of to reveal some kind of flamethrower and she has a laser tail. Now of course this is not official artwork (I think), but we've seen concept art where her tail gets segmented and underneath is indeed some kind of laser. She uses the now extended tail to hit the enemy which looked really cool on the art.

So I think we can expect something awesome looking with her, I know the guys work on a small budget but I imagine something close to Iron Man with the technological toys and body panel shifting to reveal all kinds of weapons. Maybe even Transformers a little bit, that would make my day. Wasn’t there an idea that she turns into a small car upon victory? Or was that a fun doodle?

Either way I'm excited to see how she turns out.

I wonder why BD choose to replicate Ms Fortune instead of any other character.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Robo Peacock when?

I dunno know about you,but I think some characters sound interior as robots. Robo Eliza doesn't sound like it'd last a day,and Robo Peacock sounds like it'd kinda be the same thing(just metal-er).Also,
Robo-Soul when?

I wonder why BD choose to replicate Ms Fortune instead of any other character.
Now that's an interesting question, I've been trying to Figure out what in-universe connection he has to Fortune (if any) and what would inspire him to create a Robot clone of her. Pretty hyped to find out why. :)

I always tought that robo Painwheel or robo Val would make more sense. Robo Parasoul could be an attemp to replace the princess and rule new meridian.

That could be her story mode, she goes out to find her purpose and somehow ends up fighting everyone.

Is she canon btw?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was part robotic already.

No she's part cartoon.

is it gameplay discussion to ask if the Red Robo-Fortune moves three times faster than all the rest

I cannot be killed so easily
based on my icon
i still have a movie to go before I die

No. She's a joke chara, like Fukua.

Considering they bothered mentioning her story mode at all in her progress report (as if it's a legitimate chunk of work that has to be done), I wouldn't pass judgement on whether or not she's "canon" until Lab Zero says so. Also, Alex seems to be treating her as canon since she has a very rough backstory that he divulged during Salty Cupcakes over a year ago. She was said to be a creation of Brain Drain, and the tons of new VO seems to support that.

So she's as canon as Robo-Ky?