• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Encore Edition Tiers and Matchups Discussion Thread: The Revengeance

Shadows don't seem to be a "real" projectile. Even the colours of the squares with advanced data on are something I'm not used to.

We should try and figure out all the properties.

I was just running a set up in training mode and they were still not able to block after the burst so be careful with that i guess then.
To test this you can't use the dummy to block
You have to record the dummy doing the setup and then try to block the followup yourself

If you use the dummy they won't block after a burst because enough time will have elapsed for the "block after one hit" timing to be reset

Does anyone know how reflective the eventhubs tier lists generally are?

I'm interested in the idea of emergent intelligence (tl;dr a group of non-experts stumble quite close to an accurate answer), so in this case I wonder if it is reflective of emergence?

For anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

Does anyone know how reflective the eventhubs tier lists generally are?

I'm interested in the idea of emergent intelligence (tl;dr a group of non-experts stumble quite close to an accurate answer), so in this case I wonder if it is reflective of emergence?

For anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

Event hubs is using a system where anonymous users vote on tiers right? Users that may not even play the game or even enter tournaments, meaning it's basically a popularity contest? Yeah, I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

Also @Prototype, you need to either do the set-up and set the dummy to block all once it bursts, or record the dummy doing the set-up and try to block yourself. If clones are a projectile, you'll be able to act outside of burst every time (super, tech, block, w.e.). It's still a good set-up against characters that can't air super, I'm sure.

Reactions: DDB
The hit part seems to act as a true projectile, it is something else before that.

I did use all block after the burst and reset several times but it was still not able to block. I will retest with the dummy on record and post.
edit- it counts projectile. I didn't have the dummy burst the hit of the actual clone before but it counts and you can block.

Last edited:
I did use all block after the burst and reset several times but it was still not able to block. I will retest with the dummy on record and post.

Well, maybe the clone properties need to be examined.

Well, maybe the clone properties need to be examined.
I tested and it seems to behave like a normal projectile.

I don't know what the shadows act as before they activate though.

Fukua's clones became projectiles to prevent burst baiting with them because it was dumb.

Right @MegamanDS
Right. I showed Mike my guaranteed shadow burst bait to super (if they burst, they get hit, if they don't burst they get hit). He wasn't having that, instant change.
Not sure if I'm missing the troll here but they burst bait just fine. And I know you have to get a perfect for it but are there conditions to make him say it each time?
Umm, I don't know how to tell you that you're wrong without sounding like I'm an a-hole, but... you're wrong? They can block if they burst the shadow.

Reactions: gllt
Any thoughts about UFGT, and how it reflects tiers? It was apparently one of the biggest of Skullgirl tournaments. Also go painwheel, that was nice to see.

My takeaways?

Fukua is oddly popular.

The tier gap is close.

Play a team of 3 or go home.

Top tier is really fucking good.

I agree. Fukua is popular, Trios are dominant. Game is really well balanced considering the character variety in the top 16.

Double was again the most prevalent character, (has she ever not been in a major SG tournament?). I think her utility makes her top tier.

I dunno for sure about play team of 3 or go home. It's definitely proven to be consistently ludicrously strong due to more assists and more avenues for synergy, but it may be worth it to play a duo of two characters who synergise EXCEPTIONALLY well to the point that their neutral game isn't significantly lacking with only one assist each, so you just get bonus damage.

Characters who can rely more on neutral game and dealing chunks of damage in neutral seem to benefit from being a lower ratio more, since reset blenders don't really care how much health you have or how little damage they do, since even in 3v1 if you've got them stuck in reset hell most characters can't really do shit about it. But, if you're doing chip or chunks, then higher damage on the chips & chunks in a stacked neutral game will result in a very potent zoning game.

So, Peacock seems to be a prime contender for the point of a duo. Pea/Filia, Pea/Band, and Pea/Bella.

Reactions: Daud and gllt
I'm pretty sure there has been Pea/Double in at least one large tourny, right?

But the trend seems to be trio. It adds a lot while giving up only a little.

You are probably right though. A duo can be viable (Noah), but it does seem a little like gimping yourself. And not to open this can of worms for the umpteenth time, at that level solo seems completely unviable. I am curious how Zidiane will do at Evo as he is the solo players' great, last hope.

If I could go to EVO, I'd be willing to take my hand at running it Solo. I believe in solo Parasoul. Then again, I believe in solo Double, which people think is nuts, and rightly should, as I get smacked pretty hard every time I attempt it.

Right. I showed Mike my guaranteed shadow burst bait to super (if they burst, they get hit, if they don't burst they get hit). He wasn't having that, instant change.

Umm, I don't know how to tell you that you're wrong without sounding like I'm an a-hole, but... you're wrong? They can block if they burst the shadow.
How would they get hit when not bursting?

BFF is not a bait though, you just have to burst at the right moment

Fireball is clearly a projectile, bursting it will always be safe.

Wait, fireball was not a projectile at some point?

Could you send me a link to it?(somewhere else tho, we're derailing the thread too much)

I've long since edited that post man. I thought we were talking about the burst box hitting the clone. My setup didn't burst the actual hit of the clone the first go around. It works, you can block.

If I could go to EVO, I'd be willing to take my hand at running it Solo. I believe in solo Parasoul. Then again, I believe in solo Double, which people think is nuts, and rightly should, as I get smacked pretty hard every time I attempt it.

gllt nooo :(

If you should put your faith in getting mileage out of a solo character, I think Bella works better. I guess its the more stereotypical option since there are already other players who try to make it work, but I think that's for good reason.

Solo Double maybe could've gotten some mileage back when she had 1 meter catheads, but without that I dunno anymore. I've only met 1 solo double player but it's been forever since I've played him.

Reactions: gllt
Yeah, all solo Double's that I meet always end up being on their way to just practicing Double for a team.

I dunno for sure about play team of 3 or go home.

The overwhelming reason for finding duos weak for me is that this fight "script" plays out so much:

Duo player vs. trio player, duo's first character kills trio's first character with about 60% life left and finished by doing a full combo and spending one bar. By the health comparison, the duo player is winning. But then the trio's second character comes in with three bars or close to it to the duo's one, plus a full undizzy bar to survive incoming. If they get their three meter ToD on the duo it's a shell vs. a solo. It almost totally negates the fact that they lost the beginning of that game.

The overwhelming reason for finding duos weak for me is that this fight "script" plays out so much:

Duo player vs. trio player, duo's first character kills trio's first character with about 60% life left and finished by doing a full combo and spending one bar. By the health comparison, the duo player is winning. But then the trio's second character comes in with three bars or close to it to the duo's one, plus a full undizzy bar to survive incoming. If they get their three meter ToD on the duo it's a shell vs. a solo. It almost totally negates the fact that they lost the beginning of that game.

But then TJ happens?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
For those more in the know, just theorycrafting ie no need to jump down my throat...

How would staggered meter gain play out? Solo gets more, duo a little less, and trio less than that

For those more in the know, just theorycrafting ie no need to jump down my throat...

How would staggered meter gain play out? Solo gets more, duo a little less, and trio less than that

trios would see less of the DHC/AC utilities that they're built for.

Africanized Honey Rock-Hustlers (i.e., genetically modified yolobellas ) are introduced into the online biosphere and destroy the circle of life as they expand north.

I'm less sympathetic to the first part. DHC on top of everything else is a huge bonus. I would miss seeing AC though.

Now the second part? I was afraid of that.

You're out of your goddam mind.
Although it may have not been your original intention, it appears you've become a passenger on my ruse cruise. :^)